• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop 2011+ |OT3| Look out for OT4 before Detox (dat sh!t cray)

Status
Not open for further replies.

edornob

Like it better than anything on section.80 save for spiteful chant and maybe hiiipower. I'll take more weird kendrick please.

The joint grew on me after the second listen. Now I'll like MAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYN everytime I listen to it.

overcast

He is joking. His taste is bad but not that bad.

0KvJi.gif

Outkast makes my top 5. I don't give a shit if they're a group.

Top 10 albums from 2000-2009
1. Lupe Fiasco- Food & Liquor
2. Kanye West- College Dropout
3. Lupe Fiasco- The Cool
4. Deltron 3030- Deltron 3030
5. Atmosphere- God Loves Ugly
6. Kid Cudi- Man on the Moon
7. Blu & Exile- Below the Heavens
8. Binary Star- Masters of the Universe
9. Madvillain- Madvillainy
10. Eminem- Marshall Mathers LP (I love this album, but I think I'm missing something else that should go here).

Yeah, this is my list.

Something else should be there because MMLP should be higher.
in my opinion of course

Solid list either way though.

EDIT: Still remember this Atmosphere song from Tony Hawk's Underground 2 haha.

CRS

lol, i spend about 30 minutes a day on the computer. I'm on summer break, start uni again in 2 weeks, my time is spent working/getting stoned on routine.

Just get his entire discography and slowly go through it. Hell, listen to it while getting high. Hell, you might like it more.

JEKKI

Favorite albums from 2000-2009?
yayuuuuhhh~!!! now here's a list I can appreciate!!

off the top of my head and in no particular order:

Opio - Triangulation Station
One Be Lo - SONOGRAM
Vakill - Worst Fears Confirmed
Masta Killa - No Said Date
Talib Kweli - Eardrum
Reflection Eternal - Train of Thought
Sean Price - Monkey Barz
Little Brother - Minstrel Show
Prodigy - HNIC
LOX - We Are The Streets
AZ - AWOL
Madvillain - Madvillainy
yU - Before Taxes
Diamond District - In The Ruff
Freestyle - Etched in Stone
GZA & DJ Muggs - Grandmasters
Big Boi - Sir Lucious Left Foot
Masta Ace - Disposable Arts + A Long Hot Summer
Rick Ross
Rick Ross
Rick Ross
Rick Ross
Rozay

I'm sure I can think of more, but these are all definitely classic 10/10 records.

Macca

One Be Lo - SONOGRAM
Talib Kweli - Eardrum
Sean Price - Monkey Barz
Prodigy - HNIC
LOX - We Are The Streets
AZ - AWOL
Madvillain - Madvillainy
yU - Before Taxes

I'm sure I can think of more, but these are all definitely classic 10/10 records.
No Rick Ross?

Tokubetsu

One Be Lo - SONOGRAM
Talib Kweli - Eardrum
Sean Price - Monkey Barz
Prodigy - HNIC
LOX - We Are The Streets
AZ - AWOL
Madvillain - Madvillainy
yU - Before Taxes

Man, someone in GAF-Hop was hating on Grandmasters, I can't remember who it was but you know who you are and if you're reading this, you can go suck a fat dick.

Complex Shadow

Cudi Lame™
lol I've never heard his album...

I'm tempted to, but I'm afraid it'll jus make me real angry.

I posted a list of records that do the very opposite to me.
I dunno about his music. But his video will make you throw up. He doesn't move often but when he does it makes you think why one of his man boobs don't swing around and smack him in the face.

Yo Gotti

Banned
The joint grew on me after the second listen. Now I'll like MAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYN everytime I listen to it.

That track is the TRUTH.

Can't believe people would sleep on it. Creative as fuck and the beat is amazing.

If Outkast dropped this joint people would be aaaaaallllll over it.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
That track is the TRUTH.

Can't believe people would sleep on it. Creative as fuck and the beat is amazing.

naw if Outkast dropped it 3 stacks would fuck it up somehow..

you know glad you mentioned outkast because when I was listening to outkast when I was picking my top 5 and that kendrick track definitely gave me a similar kind of vibe in a way. But yeah 3 stacks would fuck it up

DominoKid

That track is the TRUTH.

exactly. i cant even believe there are people that dislike this. this shit is immense. its definitely got an outkast vibe.

like it sounds like the centerpiece to an album.

Yeah, haven't really checked much music in this thread because I'm really still listening to the stuff yall recommended, which btw. Most of the ones I checked out I really dig a lot and I am warming up to that metal that toku gave.

Couple of nice free tapes that dropped today:

Shady Blaze - The Grind, Hustle & Talent

p26CA.jpg

Mainly high velocity rapping over some good and varied production. Anyone who fucked with Blaze and Squadda B's Shady Bambino project from last year or is familiar with the Greenova camp in general knows what it is. If you're not sold after listening to the intro then I just don't know what to tell you.
CRS, check the 2nd track of this album out. I haven't listened to this whole album yet but that 2nd song man, I think you think you'd dig this shit for sure.

iavi

'Beast Torch Em' off of that Shady tape is going to get so much play, gotdayum. That shit goes, hard.

e: yeah, this beat is nuts.

Tokubetsu

Yeah, haven't really checked much music in this thread because I'm really still listening to the stuff yall recommended, which btw. Most of the ones I checked out I really dig a lot and I am warming up to that metal that toku gave.

CRS, check the 2nd track of this album out. I haven't listened to this whole album yet but that 2nd song man, I think you think you'd dig this shit for sure.

Metal is good for the soul. The blacker the better.

CRS

Yeah, kudos to Pol. Great fucking tape.

Great pacing with the tape too. Couple of mellow tracks, like 40 Bars and Celebration, to balance the harder ones and they come on at the right time.

The Intro and Beast Torch Em hit HARD while the somber production with Celebration is great.

Best $5 I've spent this week.

I prefer the more melodic stuff, myself.
Same.

Tokubetsu

Viking/Folk metal is also a favorite. Love that shit. Sophmore year of high school was all about Ensiferum for me:
http://youtu.be/agrx2baUsvA

http://youtu.be/QEekU065iw0

This whole album, along with Wintersuns' (The guitarist from Ensiferum left to form Wintersun) debut are fucking classic metal albums of the aughts to me.

http://youtu.be/B6px4BLVtdg

Listen to this fucking intro, this how you start a fucking album. Their follow up album TIME, is like metal's version of DETOX. Shit has supposedly been done for like six years now and theres always some excuse why it's not out yet. "OH YEA WE NEED CERTAIN PLUGINS WE DON'T HAVE" "YEA WE'RE MIXING IT NOW" "oh yea the recording was fucked by outside noise" etc etc. Still waiting on it.

Also, everyone should at least a couple Amon Amarth albums

Back to rap though, that Shady Blaze album is pretty nice. First Green Ova Prod. record I can fuck with since blackberry kush or w/e

iavi

Haha, Toku; I was actually going to post an eluveitie track in my last post, but backed away since I didn't want to derail the thread any more than we have. Might as well now, since we're seeing eye to eye here, lol. Folk metal is some good shit.

CRS

Yeah, not sure if I'll ever get used to the gutturals and harsh vocals in general. Too bad cause it's definitely holding me back from liking a lot of music.

Out of the links that Toku posted, I only really liked the 2nd link he posted. That Amon Amarth could have been so perfect.

IrishNinja

top 1-5

Meth
Q-Tip
Redman
Cube
Nas

B.I.G., GZA and others running up (i dig DOOM and others on the mic that make me happy, Phonte's close as well)

Tokubetsu

Yeah, not sure if I'll ever get used to the gutturals and harsh vocals in general. Too bad cause it's definitely holding me back from liking a lot of music.

Out of the links that Toku posted, I only really liked the 2nd link he posted. That Amon Amarth could have been so perfect.

You might more newer groove metal shit. A lot of metalheads tend to shit on/hate groove stuff but there's some good shit out there, I don't discriminate. I think the last two Machine Head albums are fucking awesome (The Blackening & Locust):
http://youtu.be/cvIrD_lMhu4
(Give it 2 minutes, trust)

I'm done for the night, sorry for being so OT Ace lol.

Top 5 Fave Rappers
  1. Pac
  2. Eminem
  3. Lupe
  4. Ice Cube
  5. Kanye
Honorable Mention: 3K, Big Boi, Ti.
---------------------------------
Favorite albums from 2000-2009 ()

1. Lupe Fiasco - The Cool
  2. Kanye West - College Dropout
  3. Lupe Fiasco - Food & Liquor
  4. Kanye West - Late Registration
  5. Kid Cudi - Man on the Moon: The End of Day
Damn we got similar taste in music..wow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom