• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop 2011+ |OT3| Look out for OT4 before Detox (dat sh!t cray)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mangotron

Em the best rapper ever...
Early Nas destroys Em's best shit, especially in terms of lyrics. Em comes hard with the rhyming schemes, but early Nas shit has a level of intricacy and creativity that's off the charts. (The only close competitor is GZA, but that man's flow isnt anywhere near Nas' level.) Em's demonstrated more versatility on the mic, I'll give him that, but jesus fuck, his newest shit I can barely listen to it. New Nas, as of late, has been spitting fire.

I think the question was favorite rappers, not best rappers. I agree that Em's work has been basically shit for several years now.

siddx

Magnificent Eager Mighty Brilliantly Erect Registereduser
So I was looking up DJ Premier's discography and noticed Group Home - Livin' Proof on there. I have never listened to it, how fast do I need to rectify this?

It's a solid album with a few highlights but it's not going to blow your mind (most likely). Premo is the standout, as the band themselves are merely passable as rappers.

siddx

I think the question was favorite rappers, not best rappers. I agree that Em's work has been basically shit for several years now.

Indeed. My best rappers list would look quite different. As would my most "important/significant" list.

I didnt mean that as response to the dudes posting Em as their favourite rapper. There was some other poster who did say Em was the "best rapper ever" though, I probably should quote him.

Acid08

Banned
Quick question: which of Blackace's mixes would be best for the gym? Need some music to get me pumped and mixes are perfect so I don't have to fuck around with my iPod.

siddx

Quick question: which of Blackace's mixes would be best for the gym? Need some music to get me pumped and mixes are perfect so I don't have to fuck around with my iPod.

If you don't mind that kind of music, I find the poppy mixes to be very high energy and perfect for the gym. If you want something a little more aggressive, the wildingout mix is mostly high energy and the ignorant mixes might work as well.

Detox

Most of his mixes will get you hyped, they are really club mixes you're not going to get a back pack track in any. Even his east coast mix was not what you would expect. I guess the ignorant and blacknyellow stuff would be good the only thing is one of the ignorants I think 6 has Young Wild and Free on it which could cause you to drop your weights mid-rep.

SoilBreak

Banned
J. Cole & Big K.R.I.T. Join Forces for College Tour

On April 11th, J. Cole and Big K.R.I.T. are hitting the road as part of Reverb’s Campus Consciousness Tour Series. Check the brief description of CCT below and hit the jump for cities/dates.

4.11.12 – University Of Rhode Island [Kingston, RI]
4.13.12 – Babson College [Babson Park, MA]
4.14.12 – Colby College [Waterville, ME]
4.17.12 – University of Illinois [Champaign, IL]
4.18.12 – Northern Illinois University [DeKalb, IL]
4.19.12 – University of Kentucky [Lexington, KY]
4.20.12 – University of Pittsburgh [Johnstown, PA]
4.21.12 – UNC Greensboro and A&T State University [Greensboro, NC]
4.23.12 – Drury University [Springfield, MO]
4.24.12 – University of Northern Iowa [Cedar Falls, IA]
4.26.12 – Bloomsburg College [Bloomsburg, PA]
4.27.12 – West Virginia University [Morgantown, VA]
5.03.12 – University of New Hampshire [Durham, NH]

kamspy

1. Pac
2. Jay
3. Cube
4. Big
5. Ghostface
6. UGK
7. E-40
8. Jadakiss
9. Cam'Ron
10. DMX

*almost made it*
Kast
50 Cent
old T.I. (pre King)
Ludacris
Jeezy
Big L
Big Pun
Sean Price
Kanye West
AZ
Nas
MOP
Guru

siddx

Shit, I might have to go to the wasterville one, its on a saturday too. I wouldn't drive the 2 hours to see cole but krit would be worth it.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
1. Pac
2. Jay
3. Cube
4. Big
5. Ghostface
6. UGK
7. E-40
8. Jadakiss
9. Cam'Ron
10. DMX

*almost made it*
Kast
50 Cent
old T.I. (pre King)
Ludacris
Jeezy
Big L
Big Pun
Sean Price
Kanye West
AZ
Nas
MOP
Guru

E-40 love! <3

Luda and Jeezy were both in my head.. Jeezy used to be soooooo horrible to me, but once he had something to say he became dope. Luda makes hits, and is the best guest artist ever. But cannot make a classic album, and it bugs me

Acid08

Banned
If you don't mind that kind of music, I find the poppy mixes to be very high energy and perfect for the gym. If you want something a little more aggressive, the wildingout mix is mostly high energy and the ignorant mixes might work as well.

Most of his mixes will get you hyped, they are really club mixes you're not going to get a back pack track in any. Even his east coast mix was not what you would expect. I guess the ignorant and blacknyellow stuff would be good the only thing is one of the ignorants I think 6 has Young Wild and Free on it which could cause you to drop your weights mid-rep.

Thanks guys, gonna try out the wildingout mix tomorrow.

Blackace

Thanks guys, gonna try out the wildingout mix tomorrow.

I think Ignorant 6 and 7 might be a good workout tracks...ECM1 as well.

Wildingout should also do the trick as well.. it is older stuff but high energy..

BTW seeing these post made my day!

Anyone check out last call?

E-40 love! <3

Luda and Jeezy were both in my head.. Jeezy used to be soooooo horrible to me, but once he had something to say he became dope. Luda makes hits, and is the best guest artist ever. But cannot make a classic album, and it bugs me
The thing with Luda is that he could write a classic but thats not what hes about, he likes writing fun music and personally thats why I like him, but unfortunately that doesn't make for a classic.

Acid08

Banned
I think Ignorant 6 and 7 might be a good workout tracks...ECM1 as well.

Wildingout should also do the trick as well.. it is older stuff but high energy..

BTW seeing these post made my day!

Anyone check out last call?

Downloading ECM1 and ignorant 6 & 7 too!

I've been using Chronic 2001 for the past couple days and that's been going alright, need more variety though.

Blackace

The thing with Luda is that he could write a classic but thats not what hes about, he likes writing fun music and personally thats why I like him, but unfortunately that doesn't make for a classic.

Eh? what?

Classics can be fun too.. Chronic 2001 is pretty much one long party track..

Blackace

Downloading ECM1 and ignorant 6 & 7 too!

I've been using Chronic 2001 for the past couple days and that's been going alright, need more variety though.

I think ECM1 will be more your thing, from what I know about you... But if you don't mind Lex Luger and Drumma Boy to lift to 6 and 7 should bang out..

filler

Banned
WCW 7 & 8 were my favorites, was hoping to hear some Rodney O and Joe Cooley at some point though. Wish Blackace was more into the San Diego scene too.

Blackace

WCW 7 & 8 were my favorites, was hoping to hear some Rodney O and Joe Cooley at some point though. Wish Blackace was more into the San Diego scene too.

I have a dope mix with Everlasting bass that I have been meaning to do for y'all.. but it mixes with Mannie

kamspy

Back for the First Time is easily a classic in my eyes.

No one was flowing like that at the time. He tore it down the whole year with that.

U Got a Problem?
Stick em Up
Ho

just to name a few.

U Got a Problem is one of the best Lead Off tracks in history. That's how you start an album.

Blackace

Back for the First Time is easily a classic in my eyes.

No one was flowing like that at the time. He tore it down the whole year with that.

U Got a Problem?
Stick em Up
Ho

just to name a few.

U Got a Problem is one of the best Lead Off tracks in history. That's how you start an album.

Not taking anything from Luda but saying no one was "flowing" like that in 2000 is plain wrong..

Blackace

That huge energy, wit and exaggerated delivery seemed really fresh to me.

Got any examples?

Luda is Luda no doubt...

But 40 water had been out since the 90s, UGK was also getting it in..I would also add cold 187um, but the styles are very different...

Master P, while no where near smooth, had raw energy and Eightball or MJG was doing it, and Luda has said they were who he looked up to..

It is hard to compare because the only rapper like Luda to me in any way is Busta...

But that kind of hard flow has been around

kamspy

I'll give you 40 water to an extent....

I love em all but I don't hear any UGK or P in Luda.

To me it was fresh as fuck. Like one of the albums that comes out and is just that new shit.

Mr.Swag

Banned
Loving the Luda love on this page.
Dude was always on his shit.
Some people say he declined with red light district but I disagree, shit was hot fire. Release therapy had that jeezy track so it's good in my book. All his albums were fire.
Except for theater of the mind. That shit was garbage. Battle of the sexes was good enough for what it was doing.

Blackace

I'll give you 40 water to an extent....

I love em all but I don't hear any UGK or P in Luda.

To me it was fresh as fuck. Like one of the albums that comes out and is just that new shit.

Eightball and MJG had it to me..

kamspy

Ball & MJG were a lot smoother than Luda imo. They didn't have his little crazy caricature rapper thing going on. (I personally prefer Ball & MJG. First 3 albums are untouchable classics)

But yo, I just now noticed the KRIT show is a Cole show......wonder how much shit I can pop to him between songs. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom