• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop 2011+ |OT3| Look out for OT4 before Detox (dat sh!t cray)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
can you list your tip 5 artist whos old song you still spin from time to time. i am just curious.
From DJ ACE
Luda gets burn

Jay-Z gets burn

Snoop/Dre get burn

Lil Jon gets burn

Jeezy gets burn

and Yung Joc gets burn

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
Ball & MJG were a lot smoother than Luda imo. They didn't have his little crazy caricature rapper thing going on.

I agree, but even today there isn't a Luda like rapper... Waka wants to be that but has no skill to go with his yelling..

Eightball and MJG were hyper than their beats let you know.. listen to the energy in Pimp in My own Rhyme again... it fools you..

kamspy

Ha. Playing On Top of the World right now. ;)

Luda has that comic book character thing going on though. I can't really describe it. His style was new to me at least.

Novid

Banned
Luda was the perfect guest. Had a few good solos.

As for lists:

1. Pac
2. Biggie (This two flucates week by week)
3. Ice Cube
4. Ghostface
5. DMX
6. Em (would be third, but the former three he synthised from)
7. E-40 (Blackace showed me the light)
8. Snoop
9. Busta
10. Jay-Z

I'm easier on Ross these days then i was before, Kanye is Kanye - never trash, but never gonna be "Zepplin" like. Felt that Nas had three great albums he yet has to become the it rapper. Luda and the whole south movement (sans the dancing) was good for what it was worth...the closest rap got to being "mainstream" without showing "weakness" unlike... a certain canadian dude. KRIT is a damn star in my eyes already. Nothing bad from him.

Tokubetsu

Eh, I think his albums kinda declined with every release.

His newest mixtape is actually some of my favorite Luda.

yea but I always felt there were at least 2-3 good tracks on every album he's done. He's never done a completely "shit" release. I remember liking that movie album he did when it dropped in 08? Theater of The Mind. It's kind of a weird album for Luda, sounds a little undergroundish but I liked it.

Luda was the perfect guest. Had a few good solos.

As for lists:

1. Pac
2. Biggie (This two flucates week by week)
3. Ice Cube
4. Ghostface
5. DMX
6. Em (would be third, but the former three he synthised from)
7. E-40 (Blackace showed me the light)
8. Snoop
9. Busta
10. Jay-Z

I'm easier on Ross these days then i was before, Kanye is Kanye - never trash, but never gonna be "Zepplin" like. Felt that Nas had three great albums he yet has to become the it rapper. Luda and the whole south movement (sans the dancing) was good for what it was worth...the closest rap got to being "mainstream" without showing "weakness" unlike... a certain canadian dude. KRIT is a damn star in my eyes already. Nothing bad from him.

You talking like the south is done...

kamspy

So that new Luda tape is worth getting?

For sure. One of my favorite tapes of 2011 easily, IMO, his best work since his second album. Nothing but raw beats and raw Luda. No radio bullshit. Just raw Luda and trillb beats. Shit bangs on a sub.

Only knock is the vocals were recorded on an iPhone (or it sounds like it at least).

Novid

Banned
I agree, but even today there isn't a Luda like rapper... Waka wants to be that but has no skill to go with his yelling..

Eightball and MJG were hyper than their beats let you know.. listen to the energy in Pimp in My own Rhyme again... it fools you..

and its a shame. I can vibe with Luda - even on his weaker stuff he was like Pac and Biggie and its scary if it wasnt for X and Jay and Em he would have been the biggest star.

JEKKI

thinkin more about post-2000 albums,

anybody other than me ever hear these records?!?!

514KE84X22L._SL500_AA300_.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QxLHsMU5DOM

Btyuj.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CYwHJe9UsbA

61cNdZcu3sL._SL500_AA280_.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Gk54vssblE
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YXAWj4avUFU

hella super rare n slept on shyt rite here

Mr.Swag

Banned
Self proclaimed king I know. But in the mainstream, he kinda was king. Dude did songs with errbody, and went many times platinum. That's something similar to what KRITs goin do.

Tokubetsu

Vakill raps about kings.

or rather, crowns and the act of wearing them.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wOEIWmRIWdw

TI is cool, but Vakill is better.

if more ppl listened to Vakill, there's be less arguing about TI maybe??

I still like TI tho. He has some good records.

-edit- one more! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tOywuf7-H2A

That reminds, that molemen comp album that came out in 06? 07 was great. Minefields. Dope cover too but I know you already know about that Jekki

Top 10 Albums of 2000-2009 in no order except for the top three

1. Ghostface Killah - Supreme Clientele
2. Madvillain - Madvillainy
3. Blu & Exile - Below The Heavens
Ghostface Killah - Fishscale
Y Society - Travel At Your Pace
The Roots - Game Theory
Kanye West - College Dropout
MF DOOM - Mm, Food
Eminem - Marshall Mathers LP
Viktor Vaughn - Vaudeville Villain

Recon

Banned
Self proclaimed king I know. But in the mainstream, he kinda was king. Dude did songs with errbody, and went many times platinum. That's something similar to what KRITs goin do.

KRIT is not going platinum. He is one of my favorite new artists, but he will do Cole numbers at best.

Complex Shadow

Cudi Lame™
Top 10 Albums of 2000-2009 in no order except for the top three

1. Ghostface Killah - Supreme Clientele
2. Madvillain - Madvillainy
3. Blu & Exile - Beneath The Heavens
Ghostface Killah - Fishscale
Y Society - Travel At Your Pace
The Roots - Game Theory
Kanye West - College Dropout
MF DOOM - Mm, Food
Eminem - Marshall Mathers LP
Viktor Vaughn - Vaudeville Villain
common son.

Recon

Banned
KRIT needs a lead single featuring Drake, Nicki, Eminem and produced by Kanye to achieve maximum sales potential. Shit would be a fucking beautiful trainwreck. Maybe get Skylar Grey to do the hook. Platinum status right there.

SpeedingUptoStop

will totally Facebook friend you! *giggle* *LOL*
KRIT needs a lead single featuring Drake, Nicki, Eminem and produced by Kanye to achieve maximum sales potential. Shit would be a fucking beautiful trainwreck. Maybe get Skylar Grey to do the hook. Platinum status right there.

Kanye produced track in 2012 doing big numbers? Nah man, naw, you need a Lex Luger clone on the beat imitating Kanye, nahmean. Also get Waka Flocka on the Hook and Gucci Mane doing the outro.

I think he has the potential to do better than Cole, but not by a lot.

No

He has no sex appeal, isn't handsome, has a more male oriented audience etc etc etc. He's talented enough to create a big song but I just don't think he has the cross over appeal needed to reach Cole's status

Cole is basically one hit away from being huge. I don't think Krit will ever get that big

Recon

Banned
Kanye produced track in 2012 doing big numbers? Nah man, naw, you need a Lex Luger clone on the beat imitating Kanye, nahmean. Also get Waka Flocka on the Hook and Gucci Mane doing the outro.

Waka and Gucci don't sell. At all. I think they are some of the most popular rappers that dont sell shit. Rightfully so, but it is still comical.

tbh I'm exaggerating it a bit, this is an easy ass course. Life's still good brah. Good to see your school shit is taken care of for the week.

I have next week off and I'm gonna spend it getting drunk and listening to blackace mixes and hardcore punk music :)

yea but I always felt there were at least 2-3 good tracks on every album he's done. He's never done a completely "shit" release. I remember liking that movie album he did when it dropped in 08? Theater of The Mind. It's kind of a weird album for Luda, sounds a little undergroundish but I liked it.

Yep, agree 100% and I liked Theater of the mind quite a bit. Well I recall liking it more than his previous two albums before that.

luda has most likely killed everyone's favorite rapper on the same song at least once.

Nas’ financial issues continue, as the rapper has been hit with new tax liabilities.
According to TMZ.com, Nas is being penalized for $339,000 in income From the IRS.
The tax bill is from income Nas earned in 2010. Since he has not paid, the IRS has put a lien on property he owns. Nas owns several properties, including an estate in Eagles Landing, Georgia. Nas’ new tax burdens add to an astronomical tax bill to the IRS.
In January of 2011, it was revealed that Nas owes close to $6 million dollars for years of unpaid taxes.
In related news, Nas is planning to release his memoir “It Ain’t Hard to Tell,” which will be co-written by journalist Touré. The book centers around Nas rise as a
rapper, his beef with Jay-Z, his relationship with Kelis and other matters.
Nas is also preparing to release a new album tentatively titled Life Is Good.
http://allhiphop.com/2012/02/15/nas-hit-with-new-300k-tax-debt/
I know his ex is putting the screws to him financially, but c'mon now. Smarten up, Nas. lol.

Mangotron

Call me crazy but I think Ross could actually sound pretty good on a KRIT track. Luda was basically perfect on the Country Shit remix though, damn I love that song.

I'd honestly be surprised if KRIT did Cole numbers, I don't think he can do radio friendly.

Recon

Banned
Call me crazy but I think Ross could actually sound pretty good on a KRIT track. Luda was basically perfect on the Country Shit remix though, damn I love that song.

I'd honestly be surprised if KRIT did Cole numbers, I don't think he can do radio friendly.

I cannot stand Ross. His voice just fucking annoys me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom