• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop 2011+ |OT3| Look out for OT4 before Detox (dat sh!t cray)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Stalley is like most ohio rappers, technically decent but very boring and generic.

1m6rb.jpg

Tokubetsu

Dang this makes me want to almost, maybe try kush & oj. Almost.

Never Been will pretty much forever be the best thing Wiz has done as far as I'm concerned. I know some people liked his early shit when he was young and all hood but I don't care. Never Been was perfectly excuted from the beat, to his flow, to the video.

http://youtu.be/PKWFvbgkWls

If Erykah Badu is a blackhole for talent, Amber Rose is some kinda fluffy softy cotton candy making machine. Both break men.

LOZLINK

Whoa whoa, i figured gaf hop didn't fuck with current wiz( rightfully so), but had no idea some of you ain't heard kush & oj. That shit is nice as fuck.

Tokubetsu

Can you blame us. Lab test show that current wiz is softer and weaker that the next leading ripple brand rapper.

Swear though, if anyone in here every comes in and posts a Diggy track, there will be blood. Ace will have to close the thread, lifetime bans will be handed out. There will be chalk lines, and police tape.

Acid08

Banned
Blackace, your Geto Boys mix is fucking great. When I was done with my workout and walking out of the gym the "Damn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta" section came on, it was fucking legit.

siddx

Magnificent Eager Mighty Brilliantly Erect Registereduser
That DJ Premier mix is pretty nice, but after listening to ignorant 7, wildingout, and poppy 2 all in a row tonight, it just feels too subdued and laid back. Blackace>Premo :O

To be fair, the premo mix is mostly RnB and is definitely meant to be chill.

overcast

Meh itl prob sit in my backlog along with star wars series and the lotr series.
Get on Star Wars and LOTR.
Tyga's album is good in a Finally Famous sort of way.

He's not nearly the rapper Big Sean is though.
Lol. That doesn't bode too well for Tyga.
If Erykah Badu is a blackhole for talent, Amber Rose is some kinda fluffy softy cotton candy making machine. Both break men.
Kanye West doesn't break.

gattdamn, Shyne's the Comission still goes hard to this day.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fW6h3YYVCn4

"stay posted up close with killers and cut throats
the thoroughest bitches who in they pussy stuff coke"
the man painted an image with his words, lol.

I read a youtube comment pointing out the fact that something about being close to Diddy makes former Bad Boy artists desperate to repent of their sins.
Shyne turned to Judaism and lives in Israel, Loon turned into a strictly observant Muslim, and Mase is a reverend.
Diddy's hedonism must be on some Eyes Wide Shut level shit, lol. The man is clearly toxic to be around.

siddx

That transition from Tipsy to Nuttin But a G Thang on the Wildingout mix makes me want to hit a bitch in the face with a bottle, so good.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
That Rainforest EP is some trippy shit. Those songs grip you in, and keep you there. Not a fan of instrumental albums/songs usually but I like this a lot. Track 2 and 4 are my faves, can't remember the names off the top of my head, one is Drowning I think.

thx GAF

overcast

That Rainforest EP is some trippy shit. Those songs grip you in, and keep you there. Not a fan of instrumental albums/songs usually but I like this a lot. Track 2 and 4 are my faves, can't remember the names off the top of my head, one is Drowning I think.

thx GAF
I just listened to Clams Instrumentals EP, didn't think I would like it as much as I did.

siddx

Cold War off that older clams tape is so good. I'm not as hype on clams as others, I think he has some great beats but a lot of throwaway shit too. I'll never understand why he wastes his beats on lil b.

overcast

Cold War off that older clams tape is so good. I'm not as hype on clams as others, I think he has some great beats but a lot of throwaway shit too. I'll never understand why he wastes his beats on lil b.
That's my problem. A lot of them are just thrown away on Lil B, almost frustrating. I think ASAP does him well though.

siddx

That's my problem. A lot of them are just thrown away on Lil B, almost frustrating. I think ASAP does him well though.

Yeah asap is the first artist I don't hate to heavily use his beats.
Talking about instrumentals made me load up Blockhead's The Music Scene album. Kind of makes clams (and almost all producers really) come across like a bunch of fucking amateurs.

siddx

I don't like that group much at all :\

Never listened to that album. Going to check it out.

It's an incredible album. Each track is epic. Building and breaking down, changing and morphing, adding new layers and never leaving you bored. Just one of those albums that makes you feel like you are in a different place and paints pictures in your head. Four Walls is the only track I think is bad.

Tokubetsu

I've been sleeping very sporadicaly, partly because I've hit some sort of plateau with my production. I'm happy with a decent chunk of my output now and I'm lot more comfortable with how im doing. So anyway, made this beat at like 4 this morning, and it's sort of inspired me to finally do that little instrumental tape I wanted to do. The rate I'm going, I might finish it by Monday or Tuesday. I've already got some notes for a few changes I might implement but it might never be done knowing how I am. Just figured I'd share the state of my mind with GAF-Hop right now.

Anyway, thoughts, comments, criticisms welcome:

http://hypetrak.com/2012/02/aap-rocky-talks-homophopia-in-hip-hop/
"I don't give a f--- about your business. Man, if you're gay we can be friends. If you're straight, we can be friends...I really don't give a fuck and I don't think anyone should care about what another man's preference is...As long as you're a great person and, y'know, you don't bother me and make me uncomfortable, then let's be friends, dude.

[Hip-hop] needs to stop being so close-minded because that will just cause the genre to fail. Look at pop. Pop doesn't discriminate against people. Look at Lady Gaga, y'know what I mean? Who the fuck makes the rules for hip-hop? Who the fuck dictates who's cool and who's not?"

A$AP seems like a good dude.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom