• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop 2011+ |OT3| Look out for OT4 before Detox (dat sh!t cray)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
Ye is gay because Beans said so?

Beans? Really? Beans?

Ye is gay because he likes men, I thought you understood the science.. :p

Like I said it has been the "rumor" around the industry for a while

Blackace

And the 808s thing is just silly alluding it to anything but a drum machine, lol.

How so? The fact that he recorded in Hawaii can give it personal meaning to him.. I don't see how that is any sillier than "dat shit Cray" being a shot out to the gay Kray brothers..

SpeedingUptoStop

will totally Facebook friend you! *giggle* *LOL*
More people talkin bout Ye being Gay, the more it sound like they want it to be true for personal reasons. Like I said, I'd believe the dude would rather just fuck a fashion runway before he had sexual interest in anything with genitals these days.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
How so? The fact that he recorded in Hawaii can give it personal meaning to him.. I don't see how that is any sillier than "dat shit Cray" being a shot out to the gay Kray brothers..

Okay yeah that's just as silly.

Kanye owns a house in Hawaii and records there because it's far away from everything else. But yeah I think you could twist that into any gay theory you want.

The Kanye is gay thing just sounds like it originated from insecure homophobes anyways because he didn't fit the mold at the time when it came to image, and they needed something to vent their frustration or anger.

SpeedingUptoStop

Imagine a Kanye sex tape.

What's the first thing that popped into your mind?

For me, it was him fucking a Margiela. If something else popped into your mind, you ain't paying attention.

Blu drops his Madlib produced album out of the...blue.
http://www.2dopeboyz.com/2012/02/19/blu-x-madlib-ucla-album/

Someone download and tell me if it's mastered or mixed

edit: from comments
What’s with the horrible audio. Shit dude get somebody to professionally master your shit. Sounds like you recorded it in your bathroom with a busted mic. I swear Blu hasn’t been the same since Below The Heavens. Shit’s sad. Most of his beats are sub par or mediocre. You want to hear some dope rappers who know how to pick dope beats that compliment their lyrics check Elzhi, Scienze, Add-2, Kendrick Lamar, Jon Connor and many others. Blu’s staying irrelevant.

nevermind

Blackace

Blackace you do realize the 808s in the title is referring to this, right?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roland_TR-808

So nothing can have double meaning.. Ye of all people uses double meanings in his lyrics all the time

edit: plus not saying that just because he lives in 808 he is gay.. that was part of the rumor.. but saying that it is impossible for him to say 808 is Hawaii and a roland at the same is funny to me

IrishNinja

damn, lemme help out m'man PD here:
i think ye's a talented dude, and if it meant another college dropout, i'd put it in his pooper.

there. i've got the most suspect post on this page now.
also, this all goes a bit too well with yamato's avatar, haha

Natiko

Banned
Hey Blackace, really liked the recent Poppy and Ignorant mixes. Played the poppy one during pre-game before going out last weekend, was a big hit with everybody. Been listening to the new Ignorant one here and there and really liking it too, great as always.

Sorry for the delayed impressions, was on a forced vacation from GAF.

TheOddOne

I've been sleeping very sporadicaly, partly because I've hit some sort of plateau with my production. I'm happy with a decent chunk of my output now and I'm lot more comfortable with how im doing. So anyway, made this beat at like 4 this morning, and it's sort of inspired me to finally do that little instrumental tape I wanted to do. The rate I'm going, I might finish it by Monday or Tuesday. I've already got some notes for a few changes I might implement but it might never be done knowing how I am. Just figured I'd share the state of my mind with GAF-Hop right now.

Anyway, thoughts, comments, criticisms welcome
Those 808's are knocking. Like it in a trippy way.

I probably made the same post last thread but fuck it.....

Is anybody feeling BADBADNOTGOOD?
One look at the track list to their mixtape/album will tell you all you need to know:

bbng.png

1. Based Is How You Feel Inside 01:22
2. Fall In Love 04:11
3. Improvised Jam 03:54
4. Mass Appeal / Transmission 04:51
5. I Got A Bad Feeling About This 00:07
6. Salmonella 01:47
7. Freedom / Billium Evans (Prod. Seeds of Yaris) 05:17
8. The World Is Yours / Brooklyn Zoo 06:22
9. Listeriosis 04:14
10. Camel 03:04
11. Title Theme / Saria's Song / Song Of Storms 09:34
12. Outro / Glasper 01:53

You can listen and download it for free RIGHT HERE.
This and the brand new AIR record is setting my Sunday off right!

siddx

Magnificent Eager Mighty Brilliantly Erect Registereduser
While we are on the subject, I was hanging out with some people and one of them (who is gay) said something was cray. I jokingly admonished him for using kanye slang and he informed me that he had never heard the song and that cray has been used by some people in the gay community for a long time. CONSPIRACY GROWS!
Plus he dated Amber, who looks like a dude. CONSPIRACY GROWS YET MORE!
And he convinced Jay Z to have sex with him. CONSPIRACY LEVEL 9000!

It wouldn't surprise me one bit if he was, I wouldn't care at all, but honestly I don't think he's gay or bi, just a weird motherfucker.

SpeedingUptoStop

I've been sleeping very sporadicaly, partly because I've hit some sort of plateau with my production. I'm happy with a decent chunk of my output now and I'm lot more comfortable with how im doing. So anyway, made this beat at like 4 this morning, and it's sort of inspired me to finally do that little instrumental tape I wanted to do. The rate I'm going, I might finish it by Monday or Tuesday. I've already got some notes for a few changes I might implement but it might never be done knowing how I am. Just figured I'd share the state of my mind with GAF-Hop right now.

Anyway, thoughts, comments, criticisms welcome:

This is really sounding proper, I gotta say. Love how it buils and the breakdown definitely fits. All I can say is maybe use the drink pouring sound more sparingly, otherwise this shit is like perfect.

OG Kush

While we are on the subject, I was hanging out with some people and one of them (who is gay) said something was cray. I jokingly admonished him for using kanye slang and he informed me that he had never heard the song and that cray has been used by some people in the gay community for a long time. CONSPIRACY GROWS!
Plus he dated Amber, who looks like a dude. CONSPIRACY GROWS YET MORE!
And he convinced Jay Z to have sex with him. CONSPIRACY LEVEL 9000!

It wouldn't surprise me one bit if he was, I wouldn't care at all, but honestly I don't think he's gay or bi, just a weird motherfucker.

I THOUGHT IT WAS TO DO WITH THE CRAY BROTHERS?!!!!

Just listenined to that Blu x Madlib.
Has some good tracks but goddam are some of these tracks fucking terrible.
Its like he just took the raw vocals and did NOTHING to them. I mean, okay Blu, you're too cheap to pay to get your shit mastered, but the least you can do is throw some plugins on the tracks or something.
IDK man, put SOME effort into it.

Detox

Just listenined to that Blu x Madlib.
Has some good tracks but goddam are some of these tracks fucking terrible.
Its like he just took the raw vocals and did NOTHING to them. I mean, okay Blu, you're too cheap to pay to get your shit mastered, but the least you can do is throw some plugins on the tracks or something.
IDK man, put SOME effort into it.

Worst part is there is probably a stan out there who would master it for free

Esch

Banned
blu had the chance to Step up and be somebody but he selectively chooses to be irrelevant.never paying for that losers music again

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom