• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop 2011+ |OT3| Look out for OT4 before Detox (dat sh!t cray)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Acid08

Banned
Im sure that could of been her reason. She swore it was mine though. We dont ever talk, so her admitting it out of nowhere was what makes me believe it was mine. She said she couldnt handle it without me there....I would of been out before it was due too...I dont know, I have been smoking, drinking, popping pills heavy all month long. Shit got me twisted just knowing that shit...

Damn dude. I thought my girl problems were hard, that's super intense. Much love, you'll get through it.

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
acid08 missed the bay meet up. you missed everything man and no one to talk hiphop with...fuck man leaving me hanging out there.

overcast

You guys think you can tell the personality of a person by their top 5 favorite rappers?
Somewhat. If you look at my top 10 albums you can see exactly what type of person I am. It's scary.

I would love to do a Gaf-hop meet-up, but there would be so many people missing depending on where it is. Where do most of us live anyway? Probably California or New York right?

Yo Gotti

Banned
On the topic of the KRIT talk, I've kinda fallen out of love with dudes music. He goes hard on the production and lyrically he's got the potential to be dope, but his lyrics just don't hit hard enough. I'll bump his tapes and feel them at first, then when I go back I'll have maybe 2-3 tracks that I'll put on a playlist.

Like the track My Sub for example off ReturnOf4Eva. Beat is dope as fuck, flow is tight but how many times can I bump a track about a goddamn subwoofer? This shit got deleted from the playlist after a couple rotations.

I think he needs to do something to push the envelope somehow. He's got the potential to but I feel like he just plays it too safe and he's gonna lose listeners because of it.

you fools peeped this?

self-rule-kembe-x.2.png

real smooth production, brings me back to the 90's shit. he's got that lyrical prowess too. can put words together nicely and has a lax style.

and with a comment like this from the 2dopeboyz review you know you can't go wrong

Quarter and a Nightmare
Cold Summer
Backwards

every track off the tape goes in. you're not gonna not like any song from it. all chill beats with dudes smooth verses over top

Just listened to Quarter and a Nightmare, downloaded the tape right after. High hopes for this.

cdyhybrid

Oh nice, just saw Last Call. I'll check that shit out tomorrow. Might come in handy this weekend. Although I dunno if the chicks I'll be meeting in Fremont will be into that kind of stuff. Not enough fixed-gear bikes and lensless glasses.

Loved all the other mixes you made by the way.

I cannot stand Ross. His voice just fucking annoys me.

ditto. that, coupled with his lies, see-through persona, boring delivery, and undue hype make me intensely dislike the motherfucker. it blows me away that guys like Nas, Dre and a bunch of other reputable names give Ross mad props. I dont get it. I mean,even though I ignore the dude's music, I get why a guy like Wayne gets love, cause he's a witty guy with some catchy songs. But Ross, what's special about what he brings to the table? He raps like he's a crime boss? the HNIC? okay, so does Prodigy, and he did it ten times better over ten years earlier.
edit: I'm the furthest thing from a fan of Fiddy, but I'm glad he exposed and humiliated Ross.

double edit:
I just gave a good long listen to Stillmatic. havnt listened to the whole thing in years and fuck me, it's aged well. There are almost no bad or average songs on that album. It deserves to mentioned in the same breathe as Blueprint 1. the production aint as good as BP1's, but Nas is charismatic and creative enough to carry pretty much every track.

IrishNinja

id not go so far as "intensely dislike" for most anybody on the scene i can think of right now...i think ross just deserves indifference at worst, he's not doing anything different than a lotta MC's do (lying to make $ while boring me), plus he's giving local dudes work so just like pitbull, i can get annoyed but not really hate em.

plus he looks like a black version of that one boss from godhand, maybe that's it? heh.

and yeah, id be down as fuck for a gaf-hop meetup if it was near me or i was in NY at the time or somethin

The only things Joe Budden kills are fetuses.

ahaha, ice cold

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Fuck that marriage and kids shit. On that note, I found out my Ex had our kid aborted while I was in jail.....I didnt even know she was pregnant, she never told me. Shit has had me fucked up all month...got me back into writing music though.

This is so fucked up on so many levels. Damn. Sorry to hear Recon, can't imagine going through with this.

This is why I avoid psycho bitches from the onset.

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
This is so fucked up on so many levels. Damn. Sorry to hear Recon, can't imagine going through with this.

The only thing that even compares to that is a chick I was messing with years ago. We got together...kinda. She was kind of a hoodrat, 2 kids, no man around. When I first met her, she hid the hoodrat-ness well. As time went on, I stuck with it because she had a nice body and gave it up with little effort by me. Anyway, we split up because I really didn't see a future with her and thought it was bullcrap to waste her time when she could be finding a dude that wanted to be the father of those kids.

Fast forward a few months and I call her up to get some and she tells me that she is pregnant. The timing works out to the last time I hit, but she tells me that it is another dude's kid so I shouldn't worry and let me hit a few times. Dude lets her know he is not going to help her at all when she is about 5 months along. The baby is born, I see them about a month later and I swear on my unreleased 2Pac mp3 collection that kid is mine. I don't have any (other) kids, so I was conflicted. The kid may be mine, but this chick is not relationship material, from what I have seen she prefers to be a single parent, and I am not trying to be the instant dad of 3 daughters. So I let it go. If she says it ain't mine, it ain't mine. But I do think about "what if?" all the time. Not sure how my wife would react to that fact (All this happened before I met my wife), so I just leave it alone.

Recon

Banned

Thanks man. But yeah, she was normal when we first started dating(she was 16, i was 18). We dated for 6 years, shit just went bad somewhere in the middle and we just didnt care to notice or do anything about it.

T Dollarz

My friend invited me to Cole's show at NIU in April. It's on a fucking Wednesday so I wasn't gonna go. KRIT joining him hath changed my mind. Let's go.

Pol_Pothead

Neo Member
Damn lot of drama up on this page. Obviously i'm only a junior so I don't know none of you like that but I hope the hard times anyone up in here is going through in relation to baby mothers or partners or children or whatever become a lot easier. Here's a dope song from last year or maybe 2010 but I think the video came out last year that deals with stuff like that specifically in this case being prevented from seeing your seed. There's a version with Cee-lo out now but i'm just to used too this one.

Don Trip - Letter To My Son

Big KRIT is the best to hit the scene since Lupe. Who's with me?

I love me some Krizzle but I think from a purely rapping standpoint there are a bunch of people who are better. Kendrick Lamar, Freddie Gibbs & Rittz to name just a few. My personal favourite 'newer' artist is probably Supa Villain. He's also a producer/rapper from Mississippi like K.R.I.T. and has done quite a lot of production for Rich Boy. He made my favourite tape of last year called Magnolia State Of Mind: 40 Acres & A Muller which was just one of maybe 4 or 5 real good tapes he put out. I don't understand how he managed to self produce and rap over so much quality and you should definitely check that tape out, I will link some of his others if there's any interest after this one I really hope he gets some fame this year. With this particular tape, DJ Burn One hosts and I know for definite he produces Retribution, Hoe Shit & Polo Patrol but up until this point it had mainly been Villain holding down everything.

Supa Villain - Magnolia State Of Mind

E72eV.jpg

kamspy

Pusha T Fear of God 2 does actually have some nice little gems on it. Didnt pay it much mind when it came out but I'm bumpin it now.

siddx

Magnificent Eager Mighty Brilliantly Erect Registereduser
Thanks man. But yeah, she was normal when we first started dating(she was 16, i was 18). We dated for 6 years, shit just went bad somewhere in the middle and we just didnt care to notice or do anything about it.

I feel you man. Went through the whole abortion thing as well. She wasn't going to tell me either at first but realized she couldn't afford the procedure on her own so she told me about a week before she did it. It definitely fucks with your head for a while. And I can imagine it must be far worse for you considering mine was just some girl I had known for a few months and yours was someone you loved for years.
I realized though that she made the right choice in the end. That would have been one fucked up kid considering how crazy the mother was (and considering I was about as responsible as a crackhead with a million dollars at the time.) Still rattles the fuck out of you emotionally and mentally though.

On a lighter note, fuck this "picking a kind of woman" bullshit. I love em all, brown white black puerto rican or asian.

One more request to check out my brothers new video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qD3xxPtWSSU

His other music, if interested... a lot of it is a lot less pop/R&B than the above video:

http://www.reverbnation.com/jcflow

His music has been featured on "So you think you can dance", and recently Kevin Heart started using one of his songs (with XV on the hook) for his comedy tour, and his recent comedy tour film/DVD "Laugh at my Pain." It's about 10 minutes into the movie, the first time he steps on stage you can hear his music being played.

Couple other tracks:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zke6kXz6qmM&feature=related (this was used on So you think you can Dance)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7zR_AfNEhQE&feature=related (this track features LV, has been playing in Vegas and California clubs for a year or so)

This is the track (featuring XV) that plays on the Kevin Heart DVD

http://www.reverbnation.com/play_now/song_4337009

Thanks guys. Just checking out the songs and giving him some "views" helps him out, and I appreciate it.

My personal favorite song of his, which I think is a great club banger, is "Drinks Up"

http://www.reverbnation.com/artist/song_details/4336978

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
Oh nice, just saw Last Call. I'll check that shit out tomorrow. Might come in handy this weekend. Although I dunno if the chicks I'll be meeting in Fremont will be into that kind of stuff. Not enough fixed-gear bikes and lensless glasses.

Loved all the other mixes you made by the way.

if you can get laid to it, it will make your fellow Washingtonian happy

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Pusha T Fear of God 2 does actually have some nice little gems on it. Didnt pay it much mind when it came out but I'm bumpin it now.

Yep. Amen, and a collection of a bunch from the first two.

The mastering though.. Oh my god.. Pretty unbearable when you crank it up.

Tokubetsu

Yep. Amen, and a collection of a bunch from the first two.

The mastering though.. Oh my god.. Pretty unbearable when you crank it up.

Yea, It's an awful mix. Clipping all over the place. You can tell it was sloppily put together too because some tracks sound alright.

One more request to check out my brothers new video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qD3xxPtWSSU

His other music, if interested... a lot of it is a lot less pop/R&B than the above video:

http://www.reverbnation.com/jcflow

His music has been featured on "So you think you can dance", and recently Kevin Heart started using one of his songs (with XV on the hook) for his comedy tour, and his recent comedy tour film/DVD "Laugh at my Pain." It's about 10 minutes into the movie, the first time he steps on stage you can hear his music being played.

Couple other tracks:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zke6kXz6qmM&feature=related (this was used on So you think you can Dance)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7zR_AfNEhQE&feature=related (this track features LV, has been playing in Vegas and California clubs for a year or so)

This is the track (featuring XV) that plays on the Kevin Heart DVD

http://www.reverbnation.com/play_now/song_4337009

Thanks guys. Just checking out the songs and giving him some "views" helps him out, and I appreciate it.

My personal favorite song of his, which I think is a great club banger, is "Drinks Up"

http://www.reverbnation.com/artist/song_details/4336978

That's not bad, very well put together stuff man.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom