• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop 2011+ |OT3| Look out for OT4 before Detox (dat sh!t cray)

Status
Not open for further replies.
blu had the chance to Step up and be somebody but he selectively chooses to be irrelevant.never paying for that losers music again

Pretty much this. Blu was literally That Dude for awhile, from BTH to J&J. Then he entered some faux hipster bullshit phase with the "lo fi" obsession, although now it just seems like he's unwilling to pay to get his shit mastered.

btw the album is no longer on bandcamp. I wonder if Stones Throw's folks had him take it down, or maybe he got his $30 and figured that was enough to get some more drugs.

It's amazing how little I give a shit about Blu and Jay Electronica now. Two dudes who had me OBSESSED not long ago. We've seen such an explosion in good to great hip hop that they've become irrelevant.

kamspy

I missed the Blu train when he was hot. It just wasn't exposed to me. When I go back now to listen it's hard because I have all these crazy expectations from impressions from GAF HOP. It's far from bad, but I really can't see how it's rated so highly.

What tracks should I be especially checking for?

Talking about Below the Heavens btw.

Esch

Banned
I missed the Blu train when he was hot. It just wasn't exposed to me. When I go back now to listen it's hard because I have all these crazy expectations from impressions from GAF HOP. It's far from bad, but I really can't see how it's rated so highly.

What tracks should I be especially checking for?

Talking about Below the Heavens btw.

blu colla workers...dancing in the rain....its really all stellar. to me one of the top 10 best hh albums ever

McGullive

Neo Member
Milo just released his newest mixtape today "Milo Takes Baths" You might know him from his mixtape from late last year, "I Wish My Brother Rob Was Here" On this tape he raps solely on Bath beats.

I discovered him late last year on this very forum. I guess you could define him as nerdcore but he's much less blunt about his nerdiness. I've listened to it about three times since its release a couple hours ago. Give him a chance. He's really good.

http://miloraps.bandcamp.com/album/milo-takes-baths Download here.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
Don't worry Ye stans, Ace is just overcompensating for this
i8ox7pMjPYBbK.png

Eazy won that battle...so how am I losing?

T Dollarz

Yeah I need to give Below the Heavens another listen. I only skimmed through it before. And Kanye passed up Dre a while ago. Come on gaf hop, get real.

filler

Banned
2001>everything Kanye has produced combined

Dre decimates Kanye's entire career with one album. Game over, take a nap 90's babies.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
I told y'all the Kanye cycle begins and ends with the senseless haters but y'all don't listen and perpetuate it anyways.

Now it's just what GAF-Hop defaults to when there's no good new music out.

Complex Shadow

Cudi Lame™
West Coast bias at its finest. 2001 is half classic, half filler. Lets just be honest about that.
you know when i first heard you (and ace as well i think) say this. i was like "fuck you guys" but then i listened to it again and i was like "oh shit."

Driving and listening to dope music honestly might be my favorite pastime.
its feels so right. but i really need shit to listen to. any recommendations?

Recon

Banned
you know when i first heard you (and ace as well i think) say this. i was like "fuck you guys" but then i listened to it again and i was like "oh shit."

its feels so right. but i really need shit to listen to. any recommendations?

The back half of 2001 suffers a lot. It is a noticeable dip in quality. Where I think The Chronic is classic and I can burn one through the whole album. 2001 stops playing for me around Lets Get High.

Complex Shadow

Cudi Lame™
The back half of 2001 suffers a lot. It is a noticeable dip in quality. Where I think The Chronic is classic and I can burn one through the whole album. 2001 stops playing for me around Lets Get High.
bang bang is still pretty solid. murder ink is still good too. but yea i not a fan of much of the rest.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom