• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop 2011+ |OT3| Look out for OT4 before Detox (dat sh!t cray)

Status
Not open for further replies.

PBY

Banned
Yeah ace, you have to do an artist with a bit of a catalog. I was thinking today actually that a UGK mix might be good. Between the UGK and all the solo albums and features theres got to be plenty of A+ material for a good mix.

Still would love to hear a death row (and associates) mix

90's hip hop mix

Dungeon Family mix

Cracka ass cracka mix (all white rappers)

Rap-A-Lot mix

Big Tymers mix?

Recon

Banned
I finally listened to Ambition a few days ago, at my brother's behest. I could only make it about half way through before I quit.

Wale is just not for me I guess. It seems like he tries too hard to be something he's not.

Link here.

Nah, not really.

It's not really worth us going back and forth over though.

Yeah, really. Mellowhype was being praised a lot last summer.

Check this out gaf.

There's this really good dro in town, I'm talking medical gra....erm. anyways. I listened to Rolling Papers. More than a few times in the past couple weeks. It's pretty chill. As far as pop rap crap albums go it's easily >>>>Finally Famous or Cole World. Gives Ambition a run for it's money for pop rap crap AOTY of last year.

There. I said it. Feels good. Felt kinda suspect the first couple listens. The herbs and cognac kinda eased me into it.

Cole World is pop rap?

Macca

He isn't in my top ten, but I agree with this post fully!!

Also, for everyone, I want to do another "artist" mix.. give me an artist or group with enough stuff that I can make a dope mix out of
Like I said, a straight up Dre mix from the early days, through NWA, The Chronic and Doggystyle stuff, 2001 and Em until now. That'd be shit hot.

T Dollarz

Old dre, snoop, em, Nate, nwa, maybe pac... Mix would be ca$h.

And citing Work Out for Cole as pop is the exception, not his norm. He did that to get airplay.

IrishNinja

ew cash money

hey ace, this ye mix was nice - gotta ask though, the transitions were a bit rougher than usual, huh? in a hurry or more "fuck it, here it is" mood? haha

siddx

Magnificent Eager Mighty Brilliantly Erect Registereduser
ew cash money

hey ace, this ye mix was nice - gotta ask though, the transitions were a bit rougher than usual, huh? in a hurry or more "fuck it, here it is" mood? haha

Only transition I thought was rough was from Angel to Live Fast Die Young (which is an awful fucking song anyway). Only other song on there that is garbage is Jesus Walks, but thats mostly because of how much the lyrics make me throw up in my mouth, the beat itself is excellent.

The M.O.B

cc82a68460e711e18bb812313804a181_7.jpg

From Twitter

Aubrey and Lonnie sharing a moment,

siddx

romantic moment.jpg
From Twitter

Aubrey and Lonnie sharing a moment,

Looks like they are about to kiss.
Would have been the most wonderful thing in the world if 2 seconds later they started throwing punches (or in drake's case slaps).

//B1G

Banned
i was thinking about throwing together a mix of my favorite three 6 tracks and posting it around.
talk about a massive collection... they've got like 30 albums between them all. I'd say the most in hip hop probably.

anyway if anyone is down to listen I'll throw it together.they've got a completely developed style that they basically originated and it's really not like anything made previously or since

T Dollarz

Only transition I thought was rough was from Angel to Live Fast Die Young (which is an awful fucking song anyway). Only other song on there that is garbage is Jesus Walks, but thats mostly because of how much the lyrics make me throw up in my mouth, the beat itself is excellent.
No no no no nooooo!!!!!

siddx

i was thinking about throwing together a mix of my favorite three 6 tracks and posting it around.
talk about a massive collection... they've got like 30 albums between them all. I'd say the most in hip hop probably.

anyway if anyone is down to listen I'll throw it together.they've got a completely developed style that they basically originated and it's really not like anything made previously or since

I'd listen. they have a shitton of albums, but a lot of their material is fucking awful so the really great tracks stand out and it shouldn't be too hard to pull them out for a mix.

//B1G

Banned
I'd listen. they have a shitton of albums, but a lot of their material is fucking awful so the really great tracks stand out and it shouldn't be too hard to pull them out for a mix.

see i think if you dig the style then you love basically all their work. like i have their whole discography and for them having such a huge body of work i hardly ever skip a song and there's maybe two i could name off the top of my head that i don't like.
i'm gonna make the tape tho, getting up tracks now. i know toku will dig it too cus he said he's been checking their shit out recently

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Has there been a Pac mix already?

Wouldn't know, I don't listen to them. Ain't nothin' personal big bear, just not a mix kind of guy. Might when I get some more free time on my hands.

Macca

How do people not listen to these mixes? Damn. Admittedly I haven't listened to all of them, but I'd say well over half.

Poppy2 alone has had over 10 plays from me.

SoilBreak

Banned
Has there been a Pac mix already?

Wouldn't know, I don't listen to them. Ain't nothin' personal big bear, just not a mix kind of guy. Might when I get some more free time on my hands.

You would be a mix kind of guy if Big sean is involved.

FINALLY FAMOUS MIX

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace

onze_tg
mixed by Blackace
:lol

That shit would be cruel.

Something something chopped and screwed music sucks.

You would be a mix kind of guy if Big sean is involved.
I didn't even listen to the Yeezy mix.

I think I previewed one of the Wu-Tang ones early on, but I don't get a big enough chunk of time to listen. Even that history of hip hop one, it was good, but my bus ride could barely contain it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom