• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop 2011+ |OT3| Look out for OT4 before Detox (dat sh!t cray)

Status
Not open for further replies.

IrishNinja

As I said, it wasn't the main reason I was put off Tech. I didn't like what I heard and the allegedly overused homophobical thematics (again: don't konw if true) just made me lose interest in the man. The Wu has been pretty harsh on homosexuals but I still like them, I know how to live with it but I'd rather avoid it.

fair enough, but...how do you feel about, say, old eminem shit?

fair enough, but...how do you feel about, say, old eminem shit?

To be honest, I haven't listened to old Em in years and my English wasn't really up to par back then.

I mean, I'm not gay so I don't feel personally offended when Common says "In a circle of faggots your name is mentioned". At the end of the day it's entertainment and sometimes people say ugly stuff, it's just the nature of hip-hop.

"shooting up homos" or "kill them gays" is where it gets ugly. Lines bordering on hate speech is where I pull the line.

IrishNinja

"shooting up homos" or "kill them gays" is where it gets ugly. Lines bordering on hate speech is where I pull the line.

i can respect that, man.
to be honest though, i don't recall ever hearing a tech lyric that said that. some reggae/dancehall shit though, definitely.

cover.jpg

Feeling this, electro/house remixes of the weeknd
http://club.livemixtapes.com/mixtapes/16312/balloons_of_haus.html

this is actually good

kamspy

Imagery

This is why Jadakiss is in my top ten MCs. He doesn't have an album that really captures his skills, but dude is such a beast. Underrated feature killer. Is there a song or remix out there featuring Jadakiss that he doesn't kill? I just wish we could finally get that album out him. This is one of the dopest verses ever.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Imagery

This is why Jadakiss is in my top ten MCs. He doesn't have an album that really captures his skills, but dude is such a beast. Underrated feature killer. Is there a song or remix out there featuring Jadakiss that he doesn't kill? I just wish we could finally get that album out him. This is one of the dopest verses ever.
Since when is Jadakiss underrated? He pretty much the de facto feature killing artist. That's pretty much all he does. Busta's been after that spot as of recent though.

One of the most consistent MCs ever. Even on his bad days he doesn't have a "bad" verse.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
Imagery

He isn't in my top ten, but I agree with this post fully!!

Also, for everyone, I want to do another "artist" mix.. give me an artist or group with enough stuff that I can make a dope mix out of

Recon

Banned
He isn't in my top ten, but I agree with this post fully!!

Also, for everyone, I want to do another "artist" mix.. give me an artist or group with enough stuff that I can make a dope mix out of

I might be alone on this, but Eminem mix would make me love you forever.

Blackace

Since when is Jadakiss underrated? He pretty much the de facto feature killing artist. That's pretty much all he does. Busta's been after that spot as of recent though.

One of the most consistent MCs ever. Even on his bad days he doesn't have a "bad" verse.

I wouldn't say that... he has ahd some pretty underwhelming stuff too... but he is super dope.. too bad he can't make a great album..

K.Jack

Knowledge is power, guard it well
Hodgy tape = dope as fuck. I've been blowing him up for what seems like forever, but no one listened to me. Dude is all that matters in OFWG, besides Left Brain's production and Frank.

Planet Asia tape = raw as hell, especially the 2nd half. His Feb. 28th album is getting bought day one.

Yelawolf EP = interesting. Interesting angles and better than what Em did with Radioactive.

Overall there was some good sit out last week.

only one dick in the room when sexing is going on is a rule I live by

Preach, preacher.

My wang goes lone wolf Rambo style.

Recon

Banned
Hodgy tape = dope as fuck. I've been blowing him up for what seems like forever, but no one listened to me. Dude is all that matters in OFWG, besides Left Brain's production and Frank.

Planet Asia tape = raw as hell, especially the 2nd half. His Feb. 28th album is getting bought day one.

Yelawolf EP = interesting. Interesting angles and better than what Em did with Radioactive.

Overall there was some good sit out last week.

Preach, preacher.

My wang goes lone wolf Rambo style.

Everyone was on Hodgy's and Earl's nuts, where were you?

kamspy

Check this out gaf.

There's this really good dro in town, I'm talking medical gra....erm. anyways. I listened to Rolling Papers. More than a few times in the past couple weeks. It's pretty chill. As far as pop rap crap albums go it's easily >>>>Finally Famous or Cole World. Gives Ambition a run for it's money for pop rap crap AOTY of last year.

There. I said it. Feels good. Felt kinda suspect the first couple listens. The herbs and cognac kinda eased me into it.

Blackace

Check this out gaf.

There's this really good dro in town, I'm talking medical gra....erm. anyways. I listened to Rolling Papers. More than a few times in the past couple weeks. It's pretty chill. As far as pop rap crap albums go it's easily >>>>Finally Famous or Cole World. Gives Ambition a run for it's money for pop rap crap AOTY of last year.

There. I said it. Feels good. Felt kinda suspect the first couple listens. The herbs and cognac kinda eased me into it.

nope... it is the chronic that is good not rolling papers

Recon

Banned
Check this out gaf.

Yeah. You are wrong. It isnt even about opinions, you are factually wrong. Rolling Papers is shit. Pure, stanky ass shit. Finally Famous is Illmatic compared to Rolling Papers.

K.Jack

Knowledge is power, guard it well
I finally listened to Ambition a few days ago, at my brother's behest. I could only make it about half way through before I quit.

Wale is just not for me I guess. It seems like he tries too hard to be something he's not.
maybe ill try him out. got links?

Link here.
Everyone was on Hodgy's and Earl's nuts, where were you?
Nah, not really.

It's not really worth us going back and forth over though.

siddx

Magnificent Eager Mighty Brilliantly Erect Registereduser
Yeah ace, you have to do an artist with a bit of a catalog. I was thinking today actually that a UGK mix might be good. Between the UGK and all the solo albums and features theres got to be plenty of A+ material for a good mix.

Still would love to hear a death row (and associates) mix

90's hip hop mix

Dungeon Family mix

Cracka ass cracka mix (all white rappers)

Rap-A-Lot mix

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom