• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop 2011+ |OT3| Look out for OT4 before Detox (dat sh!t cray)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
What would happen if I merged the two best gafs together?

TheOddOne

hip hop+Victoria Justice?
tumblr_lkamwolW351qd1fjko1_500.gif

Kad5

So do you guys have some favorite Wu-Tang albums of mention including solo albums?

I've been listening to Liquid Swords recently and I have virtually no complaints about any song.

why does Jigga not spit like he used to? I'm not talking about the precipitous drop in lyrics starting at Blueprint 1 then continuing onward (Roc La Familia, the album that preceded BP1, is heavily lyrical) and the dumbing down of his content, the motherfucker doesnt even spit with the same energy anymore. He pauses between bars alot more often and drawls out his vowels on every other fucking song. Listening to his pre BP1 era stuff is frustrating cause the guy was still in his hustler mode and had more energy and vitality in his songs and you wish that would've continued over the years.
It annoys me that disposable club bangers come at the expense of more songs like Soon You'll Understand and Meet the Parents, but it annoys me even more that his flow is lazier and half assed compared to what it used to be.

cdyhybrid

why does Jigga not spit like he used to? I'm not talking about the precipitous drop in lyrics starting at Blueprint 1 then onward (Roc La Familia, which preceded it, is a heavily lyrical album) and the dumbing down of his content, the motherfucker doesnt even spit with the same energy anymore. He pauses between bars alot more often and drawls out his vowels on every other fucking song. Listening to his pre BP1

The music business hate me
'cause the industry ain't make me
Hustlers and boosters embrace me
And the music I be making
I dumb down for my audience
And double my dollars
They criticize me for it
Yet they all yell "Holla"
If skills sold
Truth be told
I'd probably be
Lyrically
Talib Kweli
Truthfully
I wanna rhyme like Common Sense
(But I did five Mil)
I ain't been rhyming like Common since

Am I doing it right?

Recon

Banned
Thank you ACE!!! I really wanted this, and today will be a good day.

Just got to Till I Collapse....Fuck this is good. One of my favorite tracks from one of his underrated albums.

Complex Shadow

Cudi Lame™
The music business hate me
'cause the industry ain't make me
Hustlers and boosters embrace me
And the music I be making
I dumb down for my audience
And double my dollars
They criticize me for it
Yet they all yell "Holla"
If skills sold
Truth be told
I'd probably be
Lyrically
Talib Kweli
Truthfully
I wanna rhyme like Common Sense
(But I did five Mil)
I ain't been rhyming like Common since

Am I doing it right?

What are you doing?

PBY

Banned
why does Jigga not spit like he used to? I'm not talking about the precipitous drop in lyrics starting at Blueprint 1 then continuing onward (Roc La Familia, the album that preceded BP1, is heavily lyrical) and the dumbing down of his content, the motherfucker doesnt even spit with the same energy anymore. He pauses between bars alot more often and drawls out his vowels on every other fucking song. Listening to his pre BP1 era stuff is frustrating cause the guy was still in his hustler mode and had more energy and vitality in his songs and you wish that would've continued over the years.
It annoys me that disposable club bangers come at the expense of more songs like Soon You'll Understand and Meet the Parents, but it annoys me even more that his flow is lazier and half assed compared to what it used to be.

You listen to Who Gon Stop Me? He has it in him, he just needs to pair with a musical genius like Kanye to get it out of him.

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
Obie needs to join Shady 2.0.

Hell throw him into Slaughterhouse, rename them Slaughterhouse 5 and then that little group would have somebody with a little charisma.

Blackace

Thank you ACE!!! I really wanted this, and today will be a good day.

Just got to Till I Collapse....Fuck this is good. One of my favorite tracks from one of his underrated albums.

Yeah, Em has so much material...

Ace. Ace. That's how you start a morning off, man! Great fucking mix.

....Nate Dogg mix? Yes? Someday?

Nate Dogg mix is doable!

Ace the world needs a Nas mix, I liked the Em mix but for some reason I was expecting Renegade on it.

Ahhh Nas would be a good mix.

Why would you expect a Jay Z song on the Em mix?

Esch

Banned
second a nas mix. lots of good possible features on that too, verbal intercourse, fast life, eye for an eye, etc etc

youd expect renegade because that verse kinda made em a contender "eminem killed you on your own shit" etc

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Last one:

GAF-Hop |OT4| Ninjas in P**is

Honouring our brother PD and trolling the swearing thread in one go!

Okay I'm done.

kamspy

Went with EM today...

arrrrrrrararghgghghg

I don't keep those gifs around and shit. But there's gotta be some sort of NOOOOOOOO gif that fits this situation. I feel like I just got shot up in super slo motion.

Gonna sit this one out ace.

/crosses arms

Now u owe us a Dipset mix. Get on it Macca. Diplomatic Immunity album with the bear saluting.

Blackace

second a nas mix. lots of good possible features on that too, verbal intercourse, fast life, eye for an eye, etc etc

youd expect renegade because that verse kinda made em a contender "eminem killed you on your own shit" etc

The song is dope but didn't fit the Em Aftermath/Shady mix

Blackace

arrrrrrrararghgghghg

I don't keep those gifs around and shit. But there's gotta be some sort of NOOOOOOOO gif that fits this situation. I feel like I just got shot up in super slo motion.

Gonna sit this one out ace.

/crosses arms

Now u owe us a Dipset mix. Get on it Macca. Diplomatic Immunity album with the bear saluting.

Em was a beast before he started sucking

Kad5

Liquid Swords isn't the best Wu solo album.

The only wu albums I have are 36 chambers, Liquid Swords by GZA, and Supreme Clientele by Ghost.

Any other ones I should consider? I wanna get Raekwon's album. (You should know which one i'm talking about)

PBY

Banned
The only wu albums I have are 36 chambers, Liquid Swords by GZA, and Supreme Clientele by Ghost.

Any other ones I should consider? I wanna get Raekwon's album. (You should know which one i'm talking about)

Raekwon>wu tang.

Esch

Banned
Liquid Swords is the best solo wu album, it has to be because its the greatest hip hop album of all time.

Get:

Beneath the Surface
Grandmasters
Cuban Linx
Ironman
Tical
Fishscale
Return to the 36 Chambers: The Dirty Version
Uncontrolled Substance

and you can worry bout the rest later.

T Dollarz

I have Liquid Swords, Enter the 36 Chambers, Wu Tang Forever, Supreme Clientele and Blackout! Only other essential I need is Cuban Linx right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom