• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop 2011+ |OT3| Look out for OT4 before Detox (dat sh!t cray)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tokubetsu

K.Jack

Knowledge is power, guard it well
It's hilarious you guy mention The W, because I just listened to it straight through yesterday, and was supposed to post my thoughts.

I still feel it's freaking great. Just delete the Snoop/ODB track, and I can burn it from front to back. It's just on a different wavelength than 36 and Forever.

True story:

The album came out while I was in culinary school. I had gotten really sick, which led to me somehow developing acute insomnia. So when I popped in the album, I had been awake for like 5 days straight, no lie. Out of nowhere RZA came with the hook to I Can't Go To Sleep at like 3am, and I bawled my eyes out for like twenty minutes.

Shit was deeper than music for me, man. Wu-Tang.

siddx

Magnificent Eager Mighty Brilliantly Erect Registereduser
It's hilarious you guy mention The W, because I just listened to it straight through yesterday, and was supposed to post my thoughts.

I still feel it's freaking great. Just delete the Snoop/ODB track, and I can burn it from front to back. It's just on a different wavelength than 36 and Forever.

True story:

The album came out while I was in culinary school. I had gotten really sick, which led to me somehow developing acute insomnia. So when I popped in the album, I had been awake for like 5 days straight, no lie. Out of nowhere RZA came with the hook to I Can't Go To Sleep at like 3am, and I bawled my eyes out for like twenty minutes.

Shit was deeper than music for me, man. Wu-Tang.

Album came out when I was in college and I remember a lot of buzz surrounding it that unfortunately evaporated quickly. Gravel Pit was awesome though. I thought it was a solid album but I never really enjoyed wu that much post 36 chambers.
And yeah, that snoop/odb song is so fucking awful I have no idea how it made the album.

Complex Shadow

Cudi Lame™
so i just listened to breakfast by chiddy bang. and you know what i didn't hate =/ but "mind your manners" has such great production value. normally kids on a song are like nails on a chalkboard for me, but this one doesn't make my ears bleed =O, i really hope someone saves this beat. it deserves so much more.

siddx

I love Breakfast, one of my favorite albums so far this year. Just the right kind of poppy rap, it's not trying to be anything other than a feel good album and it works perfectly.

//B1G

Banned
yo be looking for my mix probably later today! just doing a little fine tuning then i'll throw up a link

iDZr

http://www.mediafire.com/?yi6hfwc1oyoi9z1

Complex Shadow

Cudi Lame™
I love Breakfast, one of my favorite albums so far this year. Just the right kind of poppy rap, it's not trying to be anything other than a feel good album and it works perfectly.

like i said i don't hate it or anything, its just that i just watched drive, and i keep comparing breakfast with drives sound track. which is unfair, but, it just won't get out of my head.

Mike.83

I've just got tickets to see them again in Manchester on the 9th of next month. Can't wait. I saw them back in 2010 on what I think was their first trip over here (I could be wrong) and loved it. Saw them at V in the summer, and am looking forward to the hat-trick.

My first listen to Breakfast, I wasn't overly impressed, but it's grown on me since.

K.Jack

Knowledge is power, guard it well
How do you like your TMA-1's? I always loved that design.

My favorite thing about them is how clean and separate the layers of music stay.

They do not disappoint, especially not to a bass head. I can crank the volume until they are literally vibrating on my head, and the bass stays solid and free of distortion.

IrishNinja

Gaf-Hop 2012+ |OT4| Last week, when we were at that Das EFX concert, I riggity realized that I liggity love you

i don't care how long it is (would it be cut off?), this is now my vote.

Raekwon>wu tang.

peterboy, you so crazy.

You haven't heard Gravel Pit?!?

or careful (click, click), do ya really?, protect ya neck (jump off), hollow bones...for real spin-chan, stop sleepin.

...not gonna touch that halo 4 comment either.

kamspy

Well, first off, let's get some damn symbols in front so I can find this bitch from my couch.

##GAF-HOP |OT| Best-GAF? B#%tch, this is Trill-Age

//B1G

Banned
iGx4

s/o to myself on the cover

TRIPLE6MIX TRIPLE6MIX TRIPLE6MIX

TRACKLIST:
crank dis bitch up (gangsta blac)
runnin' lip (dj paul / juicy j)
cops ain't shit (dj paul / lord infamous)
neighborhood hoe (dj paul)
comin' real mean (dj paul)
damn i'm crazed (lord infamous)
be a witness (killa klan kaze)
powder
slippin' (koopsta knicca)
victim of a drive-by
will blast
love to make a stang
gotta touch 'em pt. 2

i ended up not even fucking with the order or anything, but it's a still good mix and i'm bumping it. for anyone that listens to the old three 6 this definitely wouldn't be a mix of their undisputed classics, but more like their unappreciated bests.

Tokubetsu

iGx4

TRACKLIST:
powder
victim of a drive-by
will blast
love to make a stang
gotta touch 'em pt. 2

i ended up not even fucking with the order or anything, but it's a still good mix and i'm bumping it. for anyone that listens to the old three 6 this definitely wouldn't be a mix of their undisputed classics, but more like their unappreciated bests.

Grabbing.

siddx

iGx4

TRACKLIST:
powder
victim of a drive-by
will blast
love to make a stang
gotta touch 'em pt. 2

I like the concept and very much appreciate the effort, but the sound quality is exceptionally poor, and the odd running times and lack of proper tagging is rough.

Tokubetsu

I like the concept and very much appreciate the effort, but the sound quality is exceptionally poor, and the odd running times and lack of proper tagging is rough.

Not to totally defend it but a lot of Triple Six tracks are impossible to find in decent quality. I don't know how obscure these particular tracks are but a large portion of shit from TN is only available in cassette rips or yt rips. Because I'm nice. I'll retag and reupload.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
iGx4

TRACKLIST:
powder
victim of a drive-by
will blast
love to make a stang
gotta touch 'em pt. 2

is this blended or just tracks?

I wouldn't mind doing a 3 6 mix..

//B1G

Banned
A couple of those tracks are actually remastered, so that says a lot about the stuff back then. these were poor ass suckas recording shit in their basements and cribs, they didn't have nice equipment or actual studios till way later in the game. actually i limited my selection down a bit cus i know people would gripe about the quality. those are fairly nice in terms of quality.

and yeah i forgot about the tagging - sorry about that. props to toku for the re-up if he does that.

Tokubetsu

A couple of those tracks are actually remastered, so that says a lot about the stuff back then. these were poe ass niggas recording shit in their basements and cribs, they didn't have nice equipment or actual studios till way later in the game. actually i limited my selection down a bit cus i know people would gripe about the quality. those are fairly nice in terms of quality.

and yeah i forgot about the tagging - sorry about that. props to toku for the re-up if he does that.

Upping now. (might want to edit out that n drop in ya post btw). You on gaf remember haha.

Tokubetsu

nice, gimme the link afterwards and i'll edit into my post.
and oh shit haha i forgot about having to censor myself. whoopsie

http://www.mediafire.com/?yi6hfwc1oyoi9z1

sup GAF-Hop, that new soul creator dropped yesterday (lol) on my birthday:

Life and Times of Jason Alexander (30 year old remix) #infanttooldmangarbage

oh, and in the last minute of the song,
I do it

Oh shit, this is what that jazz hop post was about huh? Fucking sick man.

kamspy

Not to totally defend it but a lot of Triple Six tracks are impossible to find in decent quality. I don't know how obscure these particular tracks are but a large portion of shit from TN is only available in cassette rips or yt rips. Because I'm nice. I'll retag and reupload.

Yup. One of the great triple six albums, Koopsta Knicca Da Devil's Playground, is a cassette rip. Kinda adds to the ambiance tbh. Hearing it CDQ would be weird.

EDIT: Maybe we should do a Spaceghost purp styled OT?

#AF-HXP |XT| PVRPL SWXG

//B1G

Banned
they did rerelease it on disc, tho. but yea, the OG tape was the legit version.
it totally adds to the ambiance... the lo-fi static and noise and shit works so well for their image. i wouldn't be able to listen to this shit produced on good systems

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
A couple of those tracks are actually remastered, so that says a lot about the stuff back then. these were poor ass suckas recording shit in their basements and cribs, they didn't have nice equipment or actual studios till way later in the game. actually i limited my selection down a bit cus i know people would gripe about the quality. those are fairly nice in terms of quality.

you set the tone with this and I will make a mix of their studio stuff!

This way I can win Kam's love again

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom