• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop 2011+ |OT3| Look out for OT4 before Detox (dat sh!t cray)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Recon

Banned
This I got to hear!!!! Badly!!!

In fact some day I am going to do a mix with Gaffer tracks and someone they rave about in this thread.. Might do that over winter break if I have enough stuff to work with

Im mixing it now, i do have to say it is the most fun i have had making a track in a long time.

I fucking loved that entire mixtape :/ It sounded AMAZING in the whip. Homicide is also an amazing track. The Numbers sample is insane, I almost couldn't believe what the sample was when I looked it up.
I agree, the whole tape did sound amazing. I feel like driving right now and listening to it haha just that numbers beat got stuck in my head the most. Shit was mesmerizing to me man.

What is the sample of the song?

overcast

So when are we voting for AOTY?
Do we know who's making the thread? I thought Common's album would be the "last album of the year".

I need to say it. J. Cole went way fucking harder (on his album) than Yela on most of these tracks. Come the hell on. Yet Cole gets criticized, shit is way too soft for Yela.

I need to say it. J. Cole went way fucking harder (on his album) than Yela on most of these tracks. Come the hell on. Yet Cole gets criticized, shit is way too soft for Yela.

I think it's because it seems more like Cole's album is actually by him while Yela's album it seems like Eminem had some "influences" over him, so it's easier to accept it I guess. But yeah, I listened to that Yela once and that was enough for me really.

overcast

I just don't understand why everyone here was so willing to go in on Cole, even though his debut absolutely destroys Yela's imo.

Brb, listening to Trunk Muzik.

because it doesn't. Yelawolf goes harder than Cole in this album, it's just the beats are an odd fit for him later on in the album.

But forreal Tracks 1-6 Radioactive > Cole World (which gets pretty freaking boring after dollar and a dream up until rise and shine)

seriously, how is Cole going harder than Yela? Still I wish this was Trunk Muzik 2.0. brb, listenin to mixin up the medicine mixin up the medicine mixin up the medicine (he's better at hooks than Cole too)

Recon

Banned
Cole doesnt go hard, imo. That isnt his lane anyways. Cole is more of a thoughtful rapper, where Yela just lets loose. IMO anyways.

overcast

I admit "hard" wasn't the right word. This is not Yela's music. This is similar to Lasers in it's unexpected "poppiness", except this was more unexpected.

Yela is a better pure spitter than Cole, though not as good at writing imo.

Radioactive doesn't have one track that impressed me overwhelmingly. Can't see myself playing this anymore.

Recon

Banned
Yeah, he sure did let loose a weak ass album.

Edit: Maybe I should give it more listens though, I haven't played it in the car yet.

I like it. But i also have liked Coles debut and Drakes Take Care. Radioactive has more in common with those two than it does Trunk Muzik.

That's what sells now a days.

as much as we shit on Lasers..it sold copies.

We are not the people who buys albums...well the ones that matters.

and an Artist gotta eat.

Truthfully out of all the tracks I was disappointed with the most was the track with him and Rittz.

I thought it was going to be the shit but I wasn't feeling it at all.

I like it. But i also have liked Coles debut and Drakes Take Care. Radioactive has more in common with those two than it does Trunk Muzik.
I'll give it a relisten in a bit. I did like both of those albums to some degree.

PBY

Banned
Oh man the lyrics. This is amazing.

Edit:
You guys work really work well together, really complemented each other. Goddam the subject matter took me by surprise, fuck Yela, this is the hardest love song in the world.

Siddx: you went in, ripped shit apart as usual.
Recon: your first verse is too damn good.

Onto my next listen.

Recon

Banned
Thanks everyone. Siddx killed me on my own shit!!! lol. Special thanks to Siddx and Peterboy. A Backpack & A Dream coming soon; aka whenever i get my feature from my friend.

njean777

Drake - Take Care is so damn good. It may be in my top 5. This was a great year for hip hop.

Yeah it is a great album if you can stand Drake as I know some of the people in this thread do not like him. The only skippable song is Cameras. Every other song is great imo.

siddx

Magnificent Eager Mighty Brilliantly Erect Registereduser
Nice! I'm glad you finished it, had a great time on it. Peter with that awesome beat, and I had writers block like a motherfucker until recon sent me the song, so thank you Recon, you inspired me to break my block with your verses!

also, you made it even better with the rewrites!

Bishman

Yeah it is a great album if you can stand Drake as I know some of the people in this thread do not like him. The only skippable song is Cameras. Every other song is great imo.

I love the whole atmosphere of the album. Cameras grew on me last night when I was with my friends. We were chilling, vibing out to Take Care. Pretty much everyone I talk to and at Best Buy (I work there), agree that Take Care shits all over Thank Me Later.

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
It's also taking 4 minutes to download....site is getting hammered, I'll upload to one of my servers and post it here in a bit.

WZRD - Break

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
my response

iiZDRXNg9KhA8.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom