• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop 2011+ |OT3| Look out for OT4 before Detox (dat sh!t cray)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cudder

I just bought and heard CAMP for the first time, im gonna listen to it again so that it can wash the shit from my ears after hearing Brake

although I am surprised how fucking popular it is already, WZRD is trending worldwide not even 5 mins after he put the song out. what?? I'd be interested to see what first week numbers Cudi can do if he put out another rap album in comparison to everyone who already released this year.

PBY

Banned
Thanks everyone for the compliments on the beat; like I always say a beat is only as good as the raps, and Recon and Siddx really made it better.

As for cudis song... its better than Lupe's rock. But wow is all of my hype dropping for this project.

Recon

Banned
Nice track
Thank you

Thank!
Great song enjoyed it.

Though, "seriously come find me" line, sounds awkward to me. Could just be me

But besides that, yeah was feeling those verses and Siddx verse. Good stuff on the beat too Peter.

Yeah, that line was a bit different in my head, it was suppose to sound more afraid. But thanks!

Nice! I'm glad you finished it, had a great time on it. Peter with that awesome beat, and I had writers block like a motherfucker until recon sent me the song, so thank you Recon, you inspired me to break my block with your verses!

also, you made it even better with the rewrites!

Haha thanks. I did some rewrites after hearing your verse. I felt inspired by that shit. Ill say it again, the most fun i have had making a track. I was smiling the whole time. Plus, this was something out of my comfort zone, which was fun.

siddx

Magnificent Eager Mighty Brilliantly Erect Registereduser
Thank you

Thank!

Yeah, that line was a bit different in my head, it was suppose to sound more afraid. But thanks!

Haha thanks. I did some rewrites after hearing your verse. I felt inspired by that shit. Ill say it again, the most fun i have had making a track. I was smiling the whole time. Plus, this was something out of my comfort zone, which was fun.

Word thanks everybody. And yeah, I find that if I am having fun making a track, it's addicting. It's actually why so much of my content is absurd and perverse. I used to do far more serious stuff with only a little perverse shit, but I had so much fun on my "what the fuck is wrong with this dude" tracks on the EP and LP I did that I find myself writing way more of that kind of stuff now. Although I'd say about half of the stuff I am working on now or have finished is serious stuff. I've been trying to think of a good beat to send to you for a verse. I am in so much chaos right now as far as my music though. I need to remaster and mix everything I've done so far and I've got beats being created faster than I can possible hope to keep up with,

Yeah, I know what you mean lol. I sometimes have moments where a rhyme in my head sounds perfect, but when I rap to a beat it doesn't come out right, but I just wanted to know about that line.

Definitely looking forward to it more now.

Recon

Banned
Ok I fucking love the Yoda/Siddx collab.
Thanks again.
this shit goes, i like the two of y'all working together as well

Thanks, hopefully more collabos will happen.

I don't post often, but read daily. Just wanted to say this ish is dope. I like the religious references ending in missionary position haha... and Siddix I was waiting for a fucking in the eye reference

My favorite line in my verse. Thanks!

Yeah, I know what you mean lol. I sometimes have moments where a rhyme in my head sounds perfect, but when I rap to a beat it doesn't come out right, but I just wanted to know about that line.

Definitely looking forward to it more now.

Thanks, should have the tape ready this week, just waiting for an important feature that makes one of the songs. Gonna do some re-recording tomorrow before heading home for the holiday. Will be mixing during the break.

siddx

i'm afraid to listen to it.

haha, Recon went in on it. I actually though at first he was going for a more serious tone so I tried to put a semi serious note onto my verse. I probably would have gone apeshit perverted otherwise. As it stands, I think I managed a good blend between sick fuckery and somewhat serious...kind of serious...a little bit.

I was surprised by Recon actually, the only other track I heard from him was that other one he did with Peterboy called "the end" or sumthin like that, which was good but it didn't have this ferocity

This was just him going fucking go go gadget cray on the mic though. Siddx was as expected, hot bars dirty strippers all day baby.

oh god.....I can't fuck with this Cudi.

But the way I see it WZRD is a side project...so it's not all bad.

But this was not good. It sounds like a shitty Gorillaz knock off.

And I liked PITW.

Oh well.
Not every song can be good.

Throavium

I didn't expect anything more or less from Thuggin' EP. Nice beats from Madlib, perfect matching lyrics from Freddie, and some good ol' Beat Konducta madness tidbits inbetween.

MOP-Snowgoons-Sparta.jpg

IS OUT! iTUNES! AMAZON! AFRICAN DUDE IN THE CORNER OF One-Two-5ITH! IS OUT!

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
I don't know if you're being sarcastic, but I honestly only listen to new stuff that is mentioned in this thread.

So, you've never heard a song outside of the hip-hop genre, and then only if it's been posted here? Come on man. Stop playing.

CRS

Re Cudi's Brake: The world of music is bigger than this thread and hip-hop. Do you guys seriously not listen to anything else?

Not everyone listens to just hip-hop and the music posted here. Hell, this thread became a mini-metal thread at one point.

Not speaking for anyone, but I think it's because of Kid Cudi's previous albums/mixtape that people expect more from him. I bet if he said this was coming from MotM3, people would call Brake an abomination.

Not everyone listens to just hip-hop and the music posted here. Hell, this thread became a mini-metal thread at one point.

Not speaking for anyone, but I think it's because of Kid Cudi's previous albums/mixtape that people expect more from him. I bet if he said this was coming from MotM3, people would call Brake an abomination.

But its not...thank good.

It's a side project.

Hey at least it's guaranteed to be better than Japanese Cartoon.

also I like to think I have a varied taste in music (not always good but varied). I listen to some rock, alt, and weird shit from time to time.
It's just that obviously Hip-Hop/Rap is the genre I listen to the most.

Cudi still could do better since he never really was just a rapper. So the critique still counts.

I am a HUGE, HUGE, Cudi fan. But that song was a pile of shit. He literally managed to digitize his own poop. That song just sucked so much ass I could barely finish it. MASSIVE disappointment. I thought a rock album would be cool too.

The WZRD song is alright... but Cudi needs to stop fucking vamping out the ending of his songs so they're 4/5 minutes long. The other one that was posted (Rain) did that shit too

siddx

Cudi's new shit sucks? Wow I am so shocked. So surprised. I can't believe it. Fuck me dry thats a mind fuck.

I still can't believe that little shit managed to make something as brilliant as MOTM.

I liked Maniac, and Ghost off MOTMII... but that's it for the most part which is unfortunate since his album and demo tape is something that got played every day a couple summers ago with me and my buddies.

I know that it usually never matters, but I blame his recent bad music on the fact he quit smoking weed (unless that was a joke by him) since that's the only thing I can use as a scapegoat

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
Cudi's new shit sucks? Wow I am so shocked. So surprised. I can't believe it. Fuck me dry thats a mind fuck.

I still can't believe that little shit managed to make something as brilliant as MOTM.

Well it's a rock sound... a rock sound from a "former" stoner.

It was like he was doing his best approximate guess of what he remembers being high was like.

I'm still just going to wait for the album. If all the tracks have that same vibe then there's gunna be more cohesion listening to the entire album rather than plucking a single track out of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom