• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-HOP: New Official 2010+ Thread of "hiphop ain't dead"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Detox

I don't think the question is if Esther is sketchy, no doubt she is doing this for some publicity. What really needs to be asked is did Joe attack her in anyway, she was pregnant I don't care what a woman does you don't attack someone who is carrying a baby especially your own. Joe was dodging it and kept leading Flex away from the important question. If this blows up someone will eventually get to the truth.

BumRush

First off, I just wanted to say that I never expected GAF to have amazing and timely hip hop news but I've been more than pleasantly surprised...one question though...Not sure if the pro-Lil B posts are serious...could someone enlighten me?

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
BumRush said:
First off, I just wanted to say that I never expected GAF to have amazing and timely hip hop news but I've been more than pleasantly surprised...one question though...Not sure if the pro-Lil B posts are serious...could someone enlighten me?

There will be people who will tell you that Lil B is genuinely entertaining. These people are trolling you. Lil B is the new "Emperor's New Clothes."

Detox said:
I don't think the question is if Esther is sketchy, no doubt she is doing this for some publicity. What really needs to be asked is did Joe attack her in anyway, she was pregnant I don't care what a woman does you don't attack someone who is carrying a baby especially your own. Joe was dodging it and kept leading Flex away from the important question. If this blows up someone will eventually get to the truth.

He already owned up to what he did on OLS3. He said he threw her off the bed after she smashed his laptop and then grabbed her and restrained her from moving.

But I'm leaning towards Joe's account of this being closer to the truth. He admitted doing some wrong in the situation AND connected with Derrick Ward and ironed things out between them. Meanwhile, Esther Baxter denies doing anything wrong or that she was cheating when the person she was cheating with acknowledged it and apologized to Joe.

kamspy said:
Joey: I killed Aspen!

Joey: Lies lies lies!

Wtf

I think that's as far as the 'beating' goes.

BumRush

WanderingWind said:
There will be people who will tell you that Lil B is genuinely entertaining. These people are trolling you. Lil B is the new "Emperor's New Clothes."

Haha yeah, I figured that...i try to listen to most of what's posted in here but Lil B just doesn't do it for me

Detox

dope4goldrope said:
Far enough for me to say I will be boycotting anything related to Joe and I'm interested to see how the hiphop community and Em reacts to this.

kamspy

BumRush said:
Lil B is like combing Bob Dylan, John Lenon and Gucci Mane. Based God. He raps about love and he will fuck your bitch.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
dope4goldrope said:
He already owned up to what he did on OLS3. He said he threw her off the bed after she smashed his laptop and then grabbed her and restrained her from moving.

But I'm leaning towards Joe's account of this being closer to the truth. He admitted doing some wrong in the situation AND connected with Derrick Ward and ironed things out between them. Meanwhile, Esther Baxter denies doing anything wrong or that she was cheating when the person she was cheating with acknowledged it and apologized to Joe.

Yeah Joey's got some bullet points in his defense here. I'm pretty sure the miscarriage is real, he acknowledges that and the restraining order are real, but the bruises he thinks are shopped (they kind of look weirdly consistent in colour too for bruises actually). Basically, he restrained her but never hit her.

Lying about being at the SLS Hotel + lying about not having WiFi + the common ground found with him and Derrick Ward + lying about not releasing the pics = a formula for some suspicious kind of act from Esther's end. TEAM BUDDENS.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
Detox said:
Far enough for me to say I will be boycotting anything related to Joe and I'm interested to see how the hiphop community and Em reacts to this.
Boy please, you weren't buying his shit anyway, lol.

I may be a Budden stan, but I would never take a miscarriage lightly (my mother had plenty). I'll take his side of things, simply for her denying the Ward thing, when Ward admitted it.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
enzo_gt said:
Yeah Joey's got some bullet points in his defense here. I'm pretty sure the miscarriage is real, he acknowledges that and the restraining order are real, but the bruises he thinks are shopped (they kind of look weirdly consistent in colour too for bruises actually). Basically, he restrained her but never hit her.

Lying about being at the SLS Hotel + lying about not having WiFi + the common ground found with him and Derrick Ward + lying about not releasing the pics = a formula for some suspicious kind of act from Esther's end. TEAM BUDDENS.
Yeah, you can't lie that consistently, and not have people doubt it. Whatever you say about Joey, the guy is honest. Maybe too honest, but honest, nevertheless.

kamspy

The report said he sat on her chest, which if you twist enough you could call it restraining. And it would probably kill a baby if it was adrenaline fueled. But ey, he can carry that demon. That would fuck my life.

Detox

SoulPlaya said:
Boy please, you weren't buying his shit anyway, lol.

I may be a Budden stan, but I would never take a miscarriage lightly (my mother had plenty). I'll take his side of things, simply for her denying the Ward thing, when Ward admitted it.
I'm confused what Budden says in the song isn't clear and the way dope4goldrope summed it up that is not a miscarriage. A miscarriage is natural, from the way it was summarised it sounded like fetal homicide which is completely different. If it is fetal homicide then I'm not interested in Joe, a miscarriage is something else and can arise from many different causes.

Sitting on someones stomach when you know they are pregnant is the stupidest thing ever and don't be surprised if you kill the child. That shit is not a miscarriage. Oh let me jump on her a couple of time, oops Aspen is dead.

kamspy said:
The report said he sat on her chest, which if you twist enough you could call it restraining. And it would probably kill a baby if it was adrenaline fueled. But ey, he can carry that demon. That would fuck my life.

I've been around my fair share of arguments with my parents. Easiest way to subdue a woman who won't calm down until she cools off or the police arrive.

I'm also particularly sensitive to this situation as one time I had to restrain my mother and when the police arrived she said I beat her.

Detox said:
I'm confused what Budden says in the song isn't clear and the way dope4goldrope summed it up that is not a miscarriage. A miscarriage is natural, from the way it was summarised it sounded like fetal homicide which is completely different. If it is fetal homicide then I'm not interested in Joe, a miscarriage is something else and can arise from many different causes.

She had a miscarriage beforehand AND whatever altercation they had led to her losing the 3 month fetus. Whether it was when Budden "restrained" her, or something happened and she fell/got pushed, or whatever the case is.

kamspy

Well, just let sitting on a pregant woman's torso roll around in your imagination. Throw in some rage, probably a lot of forceful bouncing to vent rage and aid in restraint. Yeah. Let that marinate.

Detox

Net_Wrecker said:
She had a miscarriage beforehand AND whatever altercation they had led to her losing the 3 month fetus. Whether it was when Budden "restrained" her, or something happened and she fell/got pushed, or whatever the case is.
Ok that makes a lot more sense considering Budden is even defending himself. Thanks for that, made it much clearer in my head. Not as bad as it sounds with just those pics, if Budden just said that I wouldn't have been as outraged. Sorry if he did say that, even though I listened to the whole interview I'm really tired.

So she had a dead fetus in her that died of natural causes, Joe and her have a altercation and the fetus drops?

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
Detox said:

This shit will be forgotten in a week. Em ain't doing shit, Jimmy ain't doing shit. Release schedules and shows will go on.

Detox said:
Ok that makes a lot more sense considering Budden is even defending himself. Thanks for that, made it much clearer in my head. Not as bad as it sounds with just those pics, if Budden just said that I wouldn't have been as outraged. Sorry if he did say that, even though I listened to the whole interview I'm really tired.

So she had a dead fetus in her that died of natural causes, Joe and her have a altercation and the fetus drops?

No, I'm pretty sure it was a second pregnancy, and THAT'S the one she lost from whatever physical altercation happened.

From Ordinary Love Shit Part 3:

Cuz at first you resembled my twin/
Fast forward, you gave me identical twins/
But then you lost it, honestly that merked my soul/
Cuz tho we weren’t tryna have one, we got off the birth control/

Here were beefin so I dragged you off the bed/
I swear to this day I reenact it in my head/
So I hemmed you up, wasn’t what I aimed to do/
I aint attack you..Bitch I was restrainin you!/
But you was wifey, tho I understand it was not a game/
Could you imagine my surprise when the cops came/
Handcuffed me..you pressed charges/
But I made bail its just heartless/
You cant smash my laptop on the wall/
And then think I wasn’t gonna react, scratch that/
Man you cant call my mom like can I crash at your spot, whaddup/
When I’m her son and you just locked me up/

I missed all the arguing and yappin/
Percorsets and muscle relaxers in a napkin/
Cant believe that it happened/
I lost my unborn daughter when we fought/
I’m thinkin I killed Aspen!/

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Net_Wrecker said:
Yeah this is where I'm at. They're altercation caused it, and Joey does have involvement in the miscarriage and is partially responsible, but I refuse to believe someone would do something as ridiculous and devilish as sitting on your stomach for half an hour. If that were the case, I would have infinite distaste for Joey but because we don't know the specifics of the altercation and I refuse to believe the side we 100% know is lying about it, I'll reserve judgement. And we'll probably never know since Joey doesn't have time for this BS and Esther looks more suspicious by the hour.

IrishNinja

goddamn, 3 pages deep whilst i sleep. fuckin' a.

McNei1y said:
forgot about this tune

Naughty By Nature - Feel Me Flow

haha, nice interlude, there.

Acid08 said:
So I was thinking about how excited I am for Liquid Swords 2. My Wu fan boy is frothing at the mouth for it but my realistic side says it'll probably be mediocre. If The Genuis can somehow come this hard again, man, AOTY.

fuck the haters! he'll get outta bed and drop bombs, it's gonna make up for all the b-sides he's had going in the years between. BELIEVE.

Detox said:
When did Rick Ross start dropping names like Game? Tupac back that's all they screaming.

ahahaha...no one believes you, officer ricky. come off that cocaine cowboy shit.

siddx said:
Lauren Hill is a fraud.

But MC Lyte is the motherfucking shit. I haven't heard anything recent so I can't comment on her current ability, but there was a time when she was one of the top rappers in the game, not just top female rappers, top rappers period.

i hated, then loved this post. Lauryn can rap/sing her ass off, and i dont really care if she's pretentious or high-ass-maintenence cause i dont know many rap/r&b chicks who dont strike me as such. pretty sure she wrote the shit for her unplugged album, and i personally loved that.

bahamida and missy (first album; i dont mind her clubbangers thing - make your money - but she can do way more creative shit than that) got mentioned too, so im happy.

ReconYoda said:
I have a confession, I pretty much dislike all female Rappers not named eternia or Dessa.

you should listen to more female rappers.

fuck joey buttons, that shit aint right and its neither here nor there but esther baxter is fine as fuck.

BlackBeltBambi

Neo Member
Lambtron said:
Based God served Budden his fucking lunch.

2uhttmx.gif

Yummy...So BASED# 6kisses haters.

Recon

Banned
IrishNinja said:
goddamn, 3 pages deep whilst i sleep. fuckin' a.

haha, nice interlude, there.

fuck the haters! he'll get outta bed and drop bombs, it's gonna make up for all the b-sides he's had going in the years between. BELIEVE.

ahahaha...no one believes you, officer ricky. come off that cocaine cowboy shit.

i hated, then loved this post. Lauryn can rap/sing her ass off, and i dont really care if she's pretentious or high-ass-maintenence cause i dont know many rap/r&b chicks who dont strike me as such. pretty sure she wrote the shit for her unplugged album, and i personally loved that.

bahamida and missy (first album; i dont mind her clubbangers thing - make your money - but she can do way more creative shit than that) got mentioned too, so im happy.

you should listen to more female rappers.

fuck joey buttons, that shit aint right and its neither here nor there but esther baxter is fine as fuck.

I dont like females rapping, its weird and sounds horrid to my ears.

HiResDes said:
...This is not for squeamish ears, it's like the audible version of Cannibal Holocaust

http://thirdworlds.net/img/exmilitary640.jpg

DOWNLOAD/Play HERE

Theneedledrop Review

Guillotine Video

-Listen then come back and discuss, you will have plenty to say good or bad
I'm really really liking this mixtape. It makes me feel totally crazy. Not that I want to feel crazy, but it produces a very specific mood very well.

Also love that he samples Black Flag's Rise Above. I also caught a Minutemen reference in lyrics but didn't catch any samples.

Anyone know of other tracks that use old hardcore punk samples?

parasight

Just wanted to share something with you guys, from a name you've probably never heard:

The Airplane Boys - Where've You Been

It's an indie hip-hop duo from Toronto. They just released their newest album for free on their website. They've got a really "intergalactic" style of rap. The shorter one (Manny) in particular is a good MC. Give 'em a listen, I really dig the vibe they put out and hopefully some of you guys will enjoy it. It's worth a shot at the price of free.

parasight said:
Just wanted to share something with you guys, from a name you've probably never heard:

The Airplane Boys - Where've You Been

It's an indie hip-hop duo from Toronto. They just released their newest album for free on their website. They've got a really "intergalactic" style of rap. The shorter one (Manny) in particular is a good MC. Give 'em a listen, I really dig the vibe they put out and hopefully some of you guys will enjoy it. It's worth a shot at the price of free.

I'm watching the music video for "Born To Be", the first guy seems a little too influenced by Kanye. The mannerisms he makes especially, but his flow is reminiscent as well. He's not bad though. Second guy is pretty nice though. They're not bad, I might check out more stuff (especially since I am a Toronto hip hop artist as well, gotta support my brethren!)

edit: i need an (non live) mp3 of this now! oh shit this is dope:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QVeaYPdtx8c

overcast

effzee said:
Lupe just performed Words I Never Said on Colbert. With Skylar.

FEELS GOOD MAN
I watched this. He wore prescription glasses indoor :O

Jesus this Joe Budden thing is fucking depressing :\ Though not as bad as saying J. Cole is shit and Wiz is better than Tyler..

kamspy

early morning canned espresso
is kinda good
day old krispy kreme's
even better
going to work for a long day
after that
get my dick sucked

TheOddOne

Just saw this posted here.
damn, wayne kills it; 4real 4real, kills it; wether u feelin da jam overall or not… me personally, like da ‘few words of advice’ but dont like when it comes 2 dat ‘dont bring ur girl around me’ cliche bullshit(aint have nothing else 2 say?); kills watever WAS going on in my opinion…1 of probly many things dat has become way too trivial, watered-down, over used, n copied like so much in da game rite now…stick 2 da good theme dat was going, and really give sum shit worth listening 2 or taken as advice; cuz evrywher u look n see all da shit dats being put out in da game, any site or watever dat is continuously posting new music n shit(xxL bangers), most of it aint even getting clicked on by real fans n listeners n wat not, or aint worth da click; just a buncha bullsht or jus not good, n 4 sum reason ur shit(whoever it iz; in dis case drama is da Rep.) iz in da place 2 get a click…step it up …N overall, no1s worried about bringing their girl round U lol, to any of da many dat talk dat shit n make it so trivial, u want people @ da show rite? well he’s comin 2 da show(a fan n da 1 puttin dat money in ur pocket so u make a living off dis game), n most times SHES comin with him(another fan n more money) wat u want? no1 to come lol; very few can really pull dat kinda talk off n b takin seriously n b respected talkin dat shit on a high level ha… Wayne back 2 n similar 2 dat ‘cannon’ fire tho; definitly reminded me of dat… dat timeless fire spittin Wayne can give u

… n with allll da shit i talked(shit i took way too much time out 2 type or think about lol, much admitted) it’s still all good; cuz it ALL just makes da FEW artists dat really have sumthing 2 say, or sumthing worth being heard, shine SOO much brighter… artists of dat nature n of “PROGRESSION”, n da 1s really coming with it r too few n far between, but shine so hard.. n maybe now more den ever r so needed n vital 2 da game…da game has progressed so much n continues 2 everyday, but is still so young n sht, n we still determining where it’s gonna go, if it’s gonna continue 2 grow n impact(more like how it’s gonna be around), if it’s gonna stay on top.. N even with all it’s done n alll da influence it has; da game still has more respect n artistry DESERVED n OWED to it 4sure, n so much dat still gotta be earned…n da cats in da forefront n in position 2 lead da game NOW are progressing n leading it where it supposed 2 n need 2 b; to forever have an impact n influence, n help people… forever open da doors for future artists n make da game a permanent fixation dat will never go away, just grow, no matter who dont like it or want it; think about n come up with who dem artists of 2day are on ur own; da 1s worthy of dat title, who continue 2 progress n bring da game 2 new places n heights everyday… doing it with sincerity, da rite way n 4 da rite reasons… look how so many of da best artists of 2day n da past r dead or in jail, or have been attacked in ways to be put in jail, all to alter growth n cut people from listening… a lot of people, people in power, obviously still hate da influence of hip-hop, and would like 2 stop it… dey continuously tryin 2 sabotage or lock up da artists dat lead dis game, n dat damn story goes way back…n on dat note, support is needed n sht, it’s hard enough with so many outside influences trying 2 kill it, y add to it by bringing eachother down; unity is needed..n da ogz have recognized n tried 2 get better @ dat too, seeing dey got enough people wantin 2 bring dem down, stupid 2 add to it n do it 2 eachother
… 1 thing lead to another
...what.

TheOddOne

DominoKid said:
i want to physically see the person that typed that comment.

i translated the first paragraph then i got physically angry as i tried to translate the second paragraph
I tried reading and understanding the first part, still... working on it.

Detox

Ugh, just looking at the comments on there advertising sex tapes probably some sneakers and illuminati talk as well reminds me why I love GAF-HOP.

Jeez, a lot of crazy stuff has happened. Joe Budden supposedly killing a fetus or whatever(didn't read into it).

Lauryn Hill being a fraud. I never really knew that and never really looked into it, but oh well I still love that album, it sucks her personality is like that though.

People calling J. Cole shit.....in comparison to Tyler? Really, this is going to need some explanation lol, because I don't care which rapper has more distinguishing qualities. A better rapper is a better rapper. I wouldn't be surprised if there are some Kid Cudi fans here, just sayin.

Anyway, I found this funny....The Game seemed to have a hard time trying to get an album out in the last few years and now that he has a single and everything. MTV and BET won't show it, because it has too much gang-related content.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom