• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-HOP: New Official 2010+ Thread of "hiphop ain't dead"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kyzer

Banned
Thanks for the support and good luck wishes everyone.Means a lot to me. Really. Especially coming from GAF.

kamspy said:
Good luck man. Link me to that mixtape again. I only browsed the snippets. Don't feel like digging it up again in this thread. What did you record it with?

http://www.datpiff.com/Kyzer-Hotboxing-The-Universe-mixtape.230059.html

Recorded it with a Yeti and mixcraft, learning how to mix and master as I went along...never really got that good at it but I did good enough. And now I'm working with producers so I don't have to do it myself. =D

DominoKid

eLm2t.png

http://www.mediafire.com/?ibx357oqdmj1wcy

enzo_gt said:
Right here. On the second page.

lol @ Chingy. But this gave me a lot more respect for the dude, especially knowing he's 19.
My man, after I read that. I saw a link on the bottom talking about the 50 greatest White Girls with asses......OMG at #49 :EDIT...#14 FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCCCCCCKKKKKK Me, SHIT!
1065518_o.gif

overcast

Good luck Kyzer! Show them how we do it at Gaf-Hop.

Kind of a related note, but I was thinking about getting into producing for shits and giggles in the next year. Is it difficult to pick up and learn? How much would I be spending for programs etc? I just want another hobby I can do, and I love Hip Hop. I don't think I can spit at all (may do that for fun regardless), so for now this is better. Anyone have anything to say on this?

GrapeApes

ShinobiFist said:
My man, after I read that. I saw a link on the bottom talking about the 50 greatest White Girls with asses......OMG at #49 :EDIT...#14
These fools got Sasha Grey as number 11. This list is not official at all. She has no ass whatsoever.

mooooose

overcast said:
Good luck Kyzer! Show them how we do it at Gaf-Hop.

Kind of a related note, but I was thinking about getting into producing for shits and giggles in the next year. Is it difficult to pick up and learn? How much would I be spending for programs etc? I just want another hobby I can do, and I love Hip Hop. I don't think I can spit at all (may do that for fun regardless), so for now this is better. Anyone have anything to say on this?
I mean, it depends.

If you're looking to just dick around, get the basics of tracking, and don't have much musical experience, FL studio is a great place to start.

If you have an ear for music and can play something like piano then the next step is Reason. Reason has less immediate expandability than FL Studio, but overall, provides people who know how to use it with a ton of options.

The next step... looking into programs like Logic, Pro Tools, and Cubase. These are the high end and cost more than the other two. All three are industry standards.

These are if you're looking to get on the computer side. They all provide very cool options for Synth and mild sampling. FL Studio is easy to use but, often times, that easiness shows in its sound. If you have NO experience, you should start there. Learning how to use Reason, ontop of learning how to make music, is too difficult.

Similarly, if you're looking into sampling, ignore the PC all together and look into MPCs. Don't be frightened by the complexity of having to use another machine, it isn't as hard as you think, but gives you tons of options. Still, I'd only look into this after some time in FL Studio.

FL Studio isn't that expensive. I think like $100 or something. You can probably find it cheaper. Reason is like $300. Good luck.

Esch

Banned
EschatonDX said:
dont really feel araab either but he's workin on new slaughter right? could be a great combo

^This is what i was talking about man....

im expecting new slaughter to go pretty hard. won't be that great of an album or anything, but it will be raw as fuck

illadelph

Honestly the first Slaughterhouse album was fire, it wasn't like a timeless classic or any shit like that but it banged. And there is no reason this new LP with all the connections to talented people Shady provides shouldn't be significantly better than that, and I feel like Em is gonna give the group some direction that was missing on the first one. So right now I feel like it's going to be at least really good, with the potential of being great.

What the fuck at the graphics on the Fast Lane video, they were cool for Kanye's Good Life vid but for this song they look like a black guy on a hockey team

Also my jaw dropped at the first Araabmuzik link, that was insanity

Tokubetsu

illadelph said:
Honestly the first Slaughterhouse album was fire, it wasn't like a timeless classic or any shit like that but it banged. And there is no reason this new LP with all the connections to talented people Shady provides shouldn't be significantly better than that, and I feel like Em is gonna give the group some direction that was missing on the first one. So right now I feel like it's going to be at least really good, with the potential of being great.

What the fuck at the graphics on the Fast Lane video, they were cool for Kanye's Good Life vid but for this song they look like a black guy on a hockey team

Also my jaw dropped at the first Araabmuzik link, that was insanity

Yeah, I think worst case scenario, the 2nd Slaughterhouse LP will be JUST as good as the first one.

First Slaughterhouse album was average as fuck. A bunch of battlerappers with no personality trading verses over 2003 era mixtape beats

Second should be better now that they have some clout/better production, but I'm not expecting a good album

Tokubetsu

PhoenixDark said:
First Slaughterhouse album was average as fuck. A bunch of battlerappers with no personality trading verses over 2003 era mixtape beats

Second should be better now that they have some clout/better production, but I'm not expecting a good album

:rolleyes.gif:

overcast

mooooose said:
I mean, it depends.

If you're looking to just dick around, get the basics of tracking, and don't have much musical experience, FL studio is a great place to start.

If you have an ear for music and can play something like piano then the next step is Reason. Reason has less immediate expandability than FL Studio, but overall, provides people who know how to use it with a ton of options.

The next step... looking into programs like Logic, Pro Tools, and Cubase. These are the high end and cost more than the other two. All three are industry standards.

These are if you're looking to get on the computer side. They all provide very cool options for Synth and mild sampling. FL Studio is easy to use but, often times, that easiness shows in its sound. If you have NO experience, you should start there. Learning how to use Reason, ontop of learning how to make music, is too difficult.

Similarly, if you're looking into sampling, ignore the PC all together and look into MPCs. Don't be frightened by the complexity of having to use another machine, it isn't as hard as you think, but gives you tons of options. Still, I'd only look into this after some time in FL Studio.

FL Studio isn't that expensive. I think like $100 or something. You can probably find it cheaper. Reason is like $300. Good luck.
Wow that's a lot of info. Thanks man. Do you think if I have never really made music I can jump into it? It will be tough I'm sure but as I said just messing around for now.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
LOZLINK said:
Not tonight was hype as fuck.
Still the best song off of the first LP. Every line certified quotable.

Slaughterhouse is just fucking awesome overall. Can't get enough of it. I still love the song that started it all. Royce came hard as fuck:

I write lines like white lines on the nose tray / Ice cold, ice cube flow, like O'Shea

Oh and I didn't see this posted so Kanye West presents G.O.O.D. Music in New York City.

VEVO will also be on hand to capture the performance. Let’s hope it’s not a repeat of the promised SXSW coverage that has yet to surface.

FUCK VEVO.

mooooose said:
I mean, it depends.

I really disagree with Reason, while I'd recommend FL for very novice users. I'll be honest and say that I still load FL from time to time to play with various sounds, but I'd recommend somebody learn Reason instead of trying to master FL

Tokubetsu

enzo_gt said:
Still the best song off of the first LP. Every line certified quotable.

Slaughterhouse is just fucking awesome overall. Can't get enough of it. I still love the song that started it all. Royce came hard as fuck:

I write lines like white lines on the nose tray / Ice cold, ice cube flow, like O'Shea

Oh and I didn't see this posted so Kanye West presents G.O.O.D. Music in New York City.

FUCK VEVO.

Probably wasn't even Vevo's fault. Odds are it was something with the artist/artists. Something they werent happy with.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Tokubetsu said:
Probably wasn't even Vevo's fault. Odds are it was something with the artist/artists. Something they werent happy with.
Kanye wanted to do final editing on the VEVO piece, so it was all in his hands they said. Kanye prooooobably still finding a way to edit out that fuck up from the DJ during the set. I still blame VEVO. /stan

PBY

Banned
PhoenixDark said:

Better production? They had Khalil, Alchemist, Mr. Porter, and StreetRunner beats on the first one, thats pretty damn solid imho

TheOddOne

ReconYoda said:
I turned 25 today!! I almost feel as old as kampsy!
Congrats old man!

peterb0y said:
Better production? They had Khalil, Alchemist, Mr. Porter, and StreetRunner beats on the first one, thats pretty damn solid imho
Ehh, they don't have a ear for beats though. Hopefully Dre or Em helps them with it on their next album.

Esch

Banned
I agree that the LP was pretty boring but i had a ton of fun with their 2011 EP, Move On(Remix) is one of my favorite songs this year i thought it was pretty damn solid

kamspy

Guess this MC gaf.

coolin on the corner with the cellular phone
and you could tell that the east bay was his home
more mail than the rest of the pushers
cuz he got a tec-9 in the bushes
and thats how his shit was handled
first name jack last name daniels
had two boys named E and J
E had the nine and J the AK
clocked on a street called Hennesy
robbers with the mutha fuckin name O E
E had a bitch and her name was Gin
who had a nigga name juice doin time in the pen
you couldnt tell but gin was a bitch though
cuz she was fuckin some nigga named sysco
E and J knew tonight they'd come
with two fat niggas named Bacardi and Rum
the caps jacked hoe and the sight was scary
the bitch was all bloody and her name was mary
officer Martini wiped up the body
and all finger pointed at rum and bacardi
E and J told Jack the hotel
but jack tried to bail juice out the jail
but OE had the judge on a payroll clock
so jack chopped the judge up
and broke juice out
and everybody's talkin bout Gin and Juice
juice shot gin cuz the bitch was loose
now E is shook thinkin they aint gonna get me
i round up the posse and call up mickey
mickey was big he only sold 8 balls
and 99 niggas up against the wall
E and J found out he made the call
so E and J and jack and juice 9'd em all
they were sent to the morgue and mickey payed the bill
got the money from his bitch went to strawberry hill
jack and jucie said mickey wouldnt survive
but mickey was slick he ad a colt 45
and now he's wondering how he got the word
it was a neighborhood wyno thunderbird
wonder how the murder rap got so much juice
was a hundred 87 proof

answer

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xwNOySGi3KE

If the beat doesn't play in your head after reading 3 bars, you are not an OG.

siddx

Magnificent Eager Mighty Brilliantly Erect Registereduser
Spice 1 is the shit
My favorite Spice 1 tracks
Strap on the side
Dumpin' Em in Ditches
Clip and the trigga
Shit I could go on and on. Welcome to the ghetto, in my neighborhood, 187 he wrote, doncha runaway...his first three albums are all fantastic and 1990 sick is a decent album too. Shame he hasn't had anything even close to those first three since then.

My number one though
Face of a desperate man

edit: happy birthday recon, I turned 29 earlier this month as well. Sosa is like 40, Kamspy is like 73. So you aren't that old!

mooooose said:
I mean, it depends.

Good info. I would also recommend Ableton.

Happy birthday Recon. You'll get your official GAF-HOP copy of Nas' next album "Life is Good (feat. Taylor Swift)" and Lupe's sunglasses.

You'll also get an advanced copy of the GAF Mixtape.

While no concrete release date has been set for Dr. Dre's long overdue Detox album, two official singles from the project "Kush" and "I Need A Doctor" have made it's way to the airwaves, giving a clear indication the album will drop this year. Earlier today estranged protege 50 Cent let the cat out the bag that another record, this one featuring himself was slated to drop for the Memorial Day weekend.

"I did a joint with dre for his album that's crazy" 50 tweeted. "They were suppose to put it out this weekend but you never know with dre."

Responding to a follower, 50 was the latest Dre confidant to confirm Detox would be delivered this year.

"@50cent when is Dre album detox comin?" user @bigseano84 questioned. "Soon dre got some heat" the Queens MC replied.

During his twitter frenzy 50 also elaborated on the progress of his next album.

"Iv been working I'm recording a lot for this album. I'm gonna keep recording cause I want to top get rich or die trying. You can be mad cause you have to wait but you will be happy when it comes. I want it to be perfect."

After being challenged if he can top his highly successful debut album Get Rich Or Die Trying, 50 acknowledged it was a tough challenge yet vowed the upcoming album will stand the test of time.

"I know its my best album but its long 19 cuts" said 50. "I'm not bothered by doubt people have expressed that to me all my life. It only enhances the feeling of victory in the end."

99WkYfWmuR529j5OZLsFcRQiQ.gif

http://rapfix.mtv.com/2011/05/29/dr-dre-and-50-cent-single/

Recon

Banned
Hey, thanks everyone, and yea HRD, im working hard on that tape, should be out this summer, again thanks for the Bday wishes!

TheOddOne

So I have this crazy theory: did execs try to change Lupe into B.o.B.? Listen to The Adventures of Bobby Ray and Lasers. They both have that sell-out quality type music.

ReconYoda said:
Hey, thanks everyone, and yea HRD, im working hard on that tape, should be out this summer, again thanks for the Bday wishes!

I haven't forgotten about you....I still need to give you some beats. I just need some inspiration lol....haven't been making much beats lately.

TheOddOne said:
So I have this crazy theory: did execs try to change Lupe into B.o.B.? Listen to The Adventures of Bobby Ray and Lasers. They both have that sell-out quality type music.
Actually that theory isn't so crazy, because the Label was giving tracks to both B.o.B and lupe. I recall reading that Airplanes and Nothing on You was first sent to Lupe.

TheOddOne

Tguy said:
Actually that theory isn't so crazy, because the Label was giving tracks to both B.o.B and lupe. I recall reading that Airplanes and Nothing on You was first sent to Lupe.
I heard the Lupe version of Nothing on You, but Airplanes too? Lol wtf.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom