• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OT14| The 6 God is Five Writers, And One False Idol

Status
Not open for further replies.

overcast

Drake just sent Charlamagne bottles.
KuGsj.gif

https://instagram.com/p/5uWHk5TNbS/
Lmfaoo

RP912

Banned
Smh I can't believe I slept on Devilman for so long. Dude is like a digimon breed of ODB, Danny Brown, and Dizzee Rascal

Koozek

Okay, brehs. Future just isn't for me. Tried it enough times now. As expected the beats were fire on 56 Night, but the rapping is too monotonous and not memorable enough.

Travi$, on Days Before Rodeo at least, is still better, imo. Drug-infused Auto-tune trap grooning OTT but still melodic and he's riding the beats in a way more varied way than Future.

https://soundcloud.com/travisscott-2/sets/days-before-rodeo

Fjordson

Travi$ just never has the same vibe like Future does to me. Future's shit almost sounds evil sometimes man. 56 Nights and DS 2 really took him to another level imo

Also don't feel like Travi$ flows as well as Future.

Okay, brehs. Future just isn't for me. Tried it enough times now. As expected the beats were fire on 56 Night, but the rapping is too monotonous and not memorable enough.

Travi$, on Days Before Rodeo at least, is still better, imo. Drug-infused Auto-tune trap grooning OTT but still melodic and he's riding the beats in a way more varied way than Future.

P5qPOIf.gif

get ya boi, Nibel

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
ILVMCjg.png

Drake - Back to Back Freestyle (Meek Mill Diss no.2)

"You're getting bodied by a singin' nigga"
"Trigger fingers turn into Twitter fingers"

deadylrf3.png
Nah, this isn't doing it for me. The song is decent in comparison, but the lyrically?

You gon make me do things [i wouldn't usually do]? Way to set up an elephant in the room for yourself.
This is what I gotta do to make YALL rap? What?
Check HIM for an earpiece?

Just like the last diss, hes yet to address it head on and is still dancing. Nah, this ain't it.

If he goes on The Breakfast Club that might be his chance, but it still begs the question, why are you still dancing around it while still saying some seemingly hypocritical lines? Not only that but this shit isn't as hot as Drake at his lyrical best which is yet another thing that keeps it up in the air stil.

Shits like the most public breakup between a dom and a sub ever.
LOL

Nibel

I fucks with Travis as well, but... I gotta say Future does it better than Travis. Future's songs are way more complex in both production and delivery, Future switches his flows several times on almost every track. In comparison, Travis' songs still feel.. dunno, kinda held back by old conventions of rap tracks in terms of structure and all that? Meanwhile Future and Metro just mill through every track

Rodeo will be interesting, but not sure if it will be better than DS2; like both 3500 and Antidote, but Future's shit is just that x 100 to me tbh

Where was this surprising rise of standards regarding lyrical content during the latest Ye releases b
ZsNk9Sb.png

so what's this about that NWA inspired Dre album dropping on Aug 1st? Cube just fucking around?

its roughly two weeks before the movie comes out, so that sounds about right. i'm guessing dre was trying to pull a stealth release and have it just show up on itunes the way beyonce and drake did. maybe cube ruined it though. the exciting thing is that this is being talked about as an actual new dr. dre album and not a movie soundtrack. it's "inspired" by the movie or whatever... 3 days though. could be cool.

I no longer sense Meek's melanin. He might as well be albino in Africa to me. He's finished.
tmjSNZ2.gif

Aubrey hit him with every line I could have anticipated. Multiple lines that resonate. That shit is pure ether. By a dude from Canada named Aubrey, who sings. Shit reminds me of the end of 8 Mile when Em is like "I am white, I do live in a trailer park, etc." What can Meek say now? It's done.

How do you go from shamed as a non writing leech to winning a rap battle hands down? Who knows if he even wrote this...but at the same time...how does someone lose to a dude like that? How do you sit around making jokes and sending tweets after being dissed? How do you go to someone's city and not directly say something (I'm not counting that lil "fuck you" thing he did last night...shit was comical). This is like watching someone who doesn't know how to play the game. A lame who's just happy to be there. That's what Meek is. He's riding a wave, dating the biggest chick in the game...but it's like being one of the boys of summer. Winter is coming, nigga.

DominoKid

Future just made Travis song his. Future leagues better at rappin.

Vorheez

BTW This is lowkey the best post in this thread so far
Thanks. I'm writing the rough draft for my second essay, it's titled "GAF-Hop Sucks: Who's to Blame?" I think it's gonna be a good one. I'll give y'all a taste of the intro.

"I'm not to blame, I tried to save them, and I never did a goddamn thing wrong."

Gonna be good, I expose everyones secrets in the third paragraph.

So do we know for sure that Drake wrote this?
A: Drake really doesn't write his own shit and Meek is actually getting bodied by a nobody

B: Drake can actually write and now Meek looks stupid

fuck outta here, lol
Imma smack you Trey, watch yourself breh

BlackJace

If y'all got told well beforehand Meek and Drake were gonna beef, would you have honestly expected Meek to get bodied like this?

Drake's prolly got enough meter for an Ultra combo right now brehs.

Esch

Banned
If y'all got told well beforehand Meek and Drake were gonna beef, would you have honestly expected Meek to get bodied like this?

Well, I would have at least expected Meek to have an actual rapped response, especially after opening said beef by... Criticising someone as a rapper.

dUlMFSY.png

Koozek

Travi$ just never has the same vibe like Future does to me. Future's shit almost sounds evil sometimes man. 56 Nights and DS 2 really took him to another level imo

Also don't feel like Travi$ flows as well as Future.

Yeah, to be fair, Travi$ is average technically and sound-wise really not comparable to Future. Let's just say I don't like Future personally then.

I'll still listen to DS2 again now. The beats save it for me. Album should definitely be 5-6 tracks shorter, though.
Anyway, by no means am I saying he's bad.

I fucks with Travis as well, but... I gotta say Future does it better than Travis. Future's songs are way more complex in both production and delivery, Future switches his flows several times on almost every track. In comparison, Travis' songs still feel.. dunno, kinda held back by old conventions of rap tracks in terms of structure and all that? Meanwhile Future and Metro just mill through every track

Huh, for me it's exactly the opposite. Travis songs feel more varied structure- and flow-wise. But, who knows, maybe it's just because I haven't listened to Future that much yet. Days Before Rodeo was the record with the most spins for me last year, next to Black Messiah and Green Language probably. What else came out? Can't remember, right now.

Whatever, love it or hate it. Might be like Barter 6 where some here thought it was super dull and others - me included - felt it was anything but.

Fjordson

Yeah, to be fair, Travi$ is average technically and sound-wise really not comparable to Future. Let's just say I don't like Future personally then.
That's fair.

It may turn out awful, but I'm still kinda interested in Rodeo tbh. That 3500 track was cool.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Days Before Rodeo is better overall than DS2. Better, more varied and unique production [insert DS2 horn here], and maybe 1-2 more great tracks than DS2 has, and about the same number of decent ones. Stinkers are worse on Days Before a Rodeo, but DS2 has more in general.

I don't think they're stylistically comparable though, or at least using the autotune stuff isn't really indicative of anything. Future generally sticks to his shit and La Flame is only really beginning to homogenize his style closer to Future as of very recent (which is disappointing).

Trey

I can't tell if y'all serious or not with this Drake stuff. The only thing he bodied was all the people he put to sleep with those comatose lines.

Maybe it's for the best that I can't.

overcast

Meek Mill sucks. So probably. That being said he's gotta fight.

Eos

back to back is much better than charged up, now all i hope is for meek to drop some fire to get this shit going

gonna have to agree with koozek, but i still like future. I wouldn't have compared travis to future in the first place tbh. both have their own separate styles.

Nibel

I can't tell if y'all serious or not with this Drake stuff. The only thing he bodied was all the people he put to sleep with those comatose lines.

You clearly can't appreciate good lines then. Some of that shit in there is straight up hilarious

Give Q credit where credit's due

hate drake, hate free pizza, hate Future, hate Avatars

uppity niggas, I swear

Fjordson

C'mon, some of that shit was pretty good.

Also (not totally directed at anyone here but) there's a large middle ground between something being shit and being the greatest ever. It's a clever, timely track with a nice beat. Nothing more, nothing less.

BlackJace

It's not even so much Drake doing that much better, Meek's been catching all these side Ls.

Courage

Yeah, but then again you consistently say that La Flame can't flow, so this is only confirmation of the opposite.

How is that confirmation of the opposite? Future croons with autotune on trap beats as well, just because he knows how to rap doesn't mean he's different stylistically.

Rodeo will be interesting, but not sure if it will be better than DS2; like both 3500 and Antidote, but Future's shit is just that x 100 to me tbh

Yeah I'll say the same Future proved he was better with his recent mixtapes and DS2 dude carried all the projects with little more than four features. He's able to switch his flows and ride the beats in varied ways to keep the projects from going stale. I don't think Travis could hold down a whole project with minimal features. I fuck with Travis and Days Before Rodeo is very good but he ain't on Future's level. Rodeo is still one of most anticipated this year.

Nibel

What a joke

Yeah I'll say the same Future proved he was better with his recent mixtapes and DS2 dude carried all the projects with little more than four features. He's able to switch his flows and ride the beats in varied ways to keep the projects from going stale. I don't think Travis could hold down a whole project with minimal features. I fuck with Travis and Days Before Rodeo is very good but he ain't on Future's level. Rodeo is still one of most anticipated this year.

/signed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom