• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OT14| The 6 God is Five Writers, And One False Idol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nibel

1H4nC68.png

The doc going to help us recovering from Julfuckery 2015 and bless us with a hit record August 1st

4f2ol8imjs92.gif

Dre will come through for the streets no doubt.

But the second I hear 2015 Eminem on that motherfucka I'm turning it off.

I'm sorry, I just can't with Marshall these days

Dan Pfeiffer ‏@danpfeiffer 8h8 hours ago
I am ambivalent on Meek Mill as a rapper, but baiting Drake into a week long feud just as his album dropped is brilliant marketing
48 retweets 24 favorites
Reply Retweet48 Favorite24
More

This been what I'm saying

EloquentM

aka Mannny
Dan Pfeiffer ‏@danpfeiffer 8h8 hours ago
I am ambivalent on Meek Mill as a rapper, but baiting Drake into a week long feud just as his album dropped is brilliant marketing
48 retweets 24 favorites
Reply Retweet48 Favorite24
More

This been what I'm saying
This could also be true and so ironic given the feud started because meek was complaining about drake not pluging his shit

This could also be true and so ironic given the feud started because meek was complaining about drake not pluging his shit

Seems trivial, but the truth to it stung Drake enough to drop 2 songs on Meek.

Meek is touring and romantically involved with someone whom Drake said he'd do anything to be with.

Drake didn't respond to Kendrick when Kendrick NAME dropped and told him to get his bars up.

There is more to this then what is being let on. Meek played on that, and at the end of the day they are both going to be richer off it.

TBH Relapse is better than Eminem's recent trash. Production was better and outside of the middle eastern accent, I prefer his voice/flow on that album compared to Recovery and MMLP2.

It's not a good album but has some standout tracks iirc.

Fjordson

Starting to get hyped for this Dre project. Probably undeservedly so but fuck it.

TBH Relapse is better than Eminem's recent trash. Production was better and outside of the middle eastern accent, I prefer his voice/flow on that album compared to Recovery and MMLP2.

It's not a good album but has some standout tracks iirc.
lol almost forgot about the accent

Vorheez

MMLP > Eminem Show > SSLP > Relapse > Encore > MMLP2 > Recovery

This, it's all about the production

Relapse had a song about his step dad touching him. This is a real thing that happened in that album.
Who cares

I refer yall to a prior post on Relapse

That made me go back and listen to Relapse a little.

Some of the bars and flows on that CD are
668.gif

Might be Em's most impressive album technique wise ever. Just in terms of MCing, he was on some next level shit.

Now in terms of actual song-writing
200x200px-ZC-a476814c_nah.gif

Like 80% of Em's catalog it's unlistenable after the first time. But not because of empty,vapid, rappity raps like MMLP2 (and everything since) or shouting and F-tier production like Recovery or being full of dated pop culture references and disses at pop stars and obscure weed plate status rappers like SSLP and MMLP, but because he wasted the best production Dre's
and his ghost-producing team?
done this millennium on bullshit subject matter like getting raped by his pops and cutting lesbians' legs off.

Uhm, so

This might be an original album actually and not a soundtrack

Cube talked about this album months ago in an interview with Big Boy I think. It always sounded like it was going to be an original album inspired by the movie/Compton but nobody believed it would ever come out.

Esch

Banned
i realize that someone implied Street's Disciple is a good album a couple pages ago but getting hyped for a Dre album is an early low

I'm expecting mad DJ Khalil and Alex da Kid beats masquerading as Dre tracks because he EP'd the album or whatever. Disappointment everywhere.

Look out for Detox though.

RP912

Banned
I've tried talking about grime here... No one seems to care much for it :/

I made a Grime thread, but I guess it's one of those genres that's not for everybody.It's sort of a shame because there's some good rappers that come out of that scene like Ghetts, Skepta, Dizzee, Lethal Bizzle, and Tempz.

i realize that someone implied Street's Disciple is a good album a couple pages ago but getting hyped for a Dre album is an early low

You what's the most stunning thing about Street's Disiple? It came out a year after The Black Album. Meaning Nas heard that album and still went forward with that shit. He still chose a host of wack beats after Jay essentially made a modern Illmatic - not in terms of overall quality, but in terms of getting the best producers in the game on one album.

SD has some really dope tracks...but then you get shit like that horrible Q-Tip song.

Koozek

You're posting on a page where Relapse was called a good album and you decided to call me out for Street's Disciple?

You what's the most stunning thing about Street's Disiple? It came out a year after The Black Album. Meaning Nas heard that album and still went forward with that shit. He still chose a host of wack beats after Jay essentially made a modern Illmatic - not in terms of overall quality, but in terms of getting the best producers in the game on one album.

SD has some really dope tracks...but then you get shit like that horrible Q-Tip song.

Rest Of My Life, Just a Moment, Reason, Remember The Times, War, and Me & You are smooth.

So, can we all at least agree that Black Album is a classic before we nuke this thread?

If that straight outta compton album has some tracks from his detox sessions then I think it will be interesting

Also there needs to be a track with ren, Dre and cube, as dusty as it may be (enough to give us asthma probably) it has to happen

Courage

Since we did Nas rankings...

Reasonable Doubt > Blueprint > The Black Album > Vol. 1 > American Gangster > Vol. 2 > The Dynasty > Vol. 3 > Blueprint 2 > Blueprint 3 > cat shit > Magna Carta Holy Grail > Kingdom Come > Travis Scott

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom