• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OT14| The 6 God is Five Writers, And One False Idol

Status
Not open for further replies.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Meek doesn't need to say much if Drake keeps digging his own hole, Drake is yet to shoo that cloud away from above him. That said, it's disappointing on both ends that pretty much every direct personal after the fact has been both irrelevant and weak.

How is that confirmation of the opposite? Future croons with autotune on trap beats as well, just because he knows how to rap doesn't mean he's different stylistically.
Because you're generalizing a vertical slice, like in my comparison. His crooning is also way more 808s distortion stuff as opposed to autotuned gibberish that Future popularized, and only recently he's taken on the Future stuff. It's like saying Drake and Chief Keef are stylistically similar. I mean yeah if you want to construe something so abstract, but, no.

Yeah I'll say the same Future proved he was better with his recent mixtapes and DS2 dude carried all the projects with little more than four features. He's able to switch his flows and ride the beats in varied ways to keep the projects from going stale. I don't think Travis could hold down a whole project with minimal features. I fuck with Travis and Days Before Rodeo is very good but he ain't on Future's level. Rodeo is still one of most anticipated this year.
Yeah La Flame seems increasingly reliant on features. Future can make a hit solo, I don't think La Flame can without scooping up features. This is why I always thought he might have legs as a pop producer/songwriter because of there's a defining skill he has it's putting everything in the right place on a track. Lovesick even sounded like it was a few tweaks or a singer away from being a pop song.

Courage

And since we've been talking about authenticity these past days, Future is also more interesting than Travis. He's got genuine personality in his songs, he drops quotables on quotables that resonate and rarely sounds flat even if he uses autotune. Travis is an unremarkable vehicle for other people's beats and bars. He's a fraud through and through.

Yeah La Flame seems increasingly reliant on features. Future can make a hit solo, I don't think La Flame can without scooping up features. This is why I always thought he might have legs as a pop producer/songwriter because of there's a defining skill he has it's putting everything in the right place on a track. Lovesick even sounded like it was a few tweaks or a singer away from being a pop song.

Yeah but we'll see he still has chance for growth as a artist he's getting to the point where he's finding a sound for himself. The thing is Future is in his prime he knows what his sound is and knows what he's doing.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
And since we've been talking about authenticity these past days, Future is also more interesting than Travis. He's got genuine personality in his songs, he drops quotables on quotables that resonate and rarely sounds flat even if he uses autotune. Travis is an unremarkable vehicle for other people's beats and bars. He's a fraud through and through.
0aG3u65.png

Fjordson

Courage not holding back
damn.png

Courage

Because you're generalizing a vertical slice, like in my comparison. His crooning is also way more 808s distortion stuff as opposed to autotuned gibberish that Future popularized, and only recently he's taken on the Future stuff. It's like saying Drake and Chief Keef are stylistically similar. I mean yeah if you want to construe something so abstract, but, no.

I feel like your distinctions are pretty arbitrary. You're basically using Future's somewhat unique slurred delivery as a crutch, when they even use the same producers. I'll say he's more like Cudi if anything, but even then it's not that different.

AJLma

It's too late for Meek. Whatever he does at this point is going to look weak.
I don't think he's a nice enough rapper to really respond to Drake either.

Now he's just agitating the fans tweeting about nothing and showing off stacks of money.

Trey

niggas oohing aahing Drake like he's not executing Day 1 combos on a training dummy set to Stand. Is this how far we've fallen?

hate drake, hate free pizza, hate Future, hate Avatars

uppity niggas, I swear

I actually eat edible food. I was just looking out for yall.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
I feel like your distinctions are pretty arbitrary. You're basically using Future's somewhat unique slurred delivery as a crutch, when they even use the same producers. I'll say he's more like Cudi if anything, but even then it's not that different.
In the case of your critique, the lines are minimal and you can essentially group anyone who manipulates their voice to support your argument the way it's framed. At least I provided a bit of nuance. Hence the Drake/Chief Keef thing. Yeah, Drake has been taking some trap/drill stylings where there aren't that many words in each bar and letting the beat breathe a bit, or going inbetween that and rapid fire delivery, but that's not the whole picture, and effectively a poor comparison because of that.

Nibel

niggas oohing aahing Drake like he's not executing Day 1 combos on a training dummy set to Stand. Is this how far we've fallen?

Fall with us then, it's actually fun to look at songs without coming off as a dusthead

I bet you they don't have shit. If they do I'll eat crow but all this Twitter play is weak AF.

Nah, Meek is cooking; word on the street is this might drop in a few hours actually

I want him to drop his track so Drake can drop his third one, the supposed ether
(plus I get another quality freetrack, gotta eat brehs)

I just wonder what angle Meek is going to pick; those Instagram/money pictures don't fill me with confidence. My prediction is that he will use some dope-ass production that will overshadow the lyrics

Eos

i've just been going through some of the DBR and DS2 tracks and I don't know how travis and future can even be compared.

the content is a bit similar, but future does the whole drugged out thing much better (travis more coherent, lol). they don't have the same delivery or flow, like at all. the DBR metro beats sound nothing like the DS2 metro beats also.

IrishNinja

future > travis
enzo either plant your flag on that one or drake takin an L somehow here, don't lose on two fronts simultaneously my dude

shut your fucking mouth

#BELIEVE

Those drums are definitely soft as hell but the ppl love it so and no one fucks with wet dreamz.

pop-rap station out here still fucks with it somehow

Meek Won.

you prolly thought Cannibus beat LL in the day too huh

Well he literally admits it got under his skin. So it's a bit desperate for sure. Meek got to him heavy. Still this is a dope track IMO. Meek certainly has to fire back now.

I mean I don't think Meek has shit, but you got to fight.

drizzy got mad at tattoo artists & all kinda people, i don't think his thin-skinnedness was ever in question - he's very clearly bothered. that alone isn't an L, unless you do something dumb with it...responding with a diss track, in hip hop? about the best thing you can do, as long as it's not weak shit.

keeping shit on twitter & ya girls tour though?

We're never going to get a reap rap beef again. Remember control? Shit had the game sounding like an auditorium at a middle school dance, with boys on one side and girls on the other and the one dude trying to get shit to pop off. Everybody just stared at their shoes mumbling under their breath.

Now Meek is hiding behind Nikki's ass cheeks while the singing guy from fucking Toronto takes pot shots at him in between getting his hair and nails did. The fucking mayor, a 65 year old ham-and-mayo sammich on wonder bread dropped harder bars than both of them. Meek can yell at his laundry to dry his socks off, but he can't even be arsed to clap back at the dude gentle rubbing suntan lotion into his face with his own hand.

The game ain't changed y'all, there just isn't any game left. It's been spent. It's over. It's all gone.

3O0iNwH.gif

you're not wrong though, my brother in dust

Power 105 isn't stupid to send a man to Birdman's house on some Hansel & Gretel shit.

Shits like the most public breakup between a dom and a sub ever.

Where was this surprising rise of standards regarding lyrical content during the latest Ye releases b
ZsNk9Sb.png

dead

Flex about to drop this heat on hot 97

kqydtOc.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom