• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OT14| The 6 God is Five Writers, And One False Idol

Status
Not open for further replies.

overcast

Well it's both. I'm thinking there is some claim to the ghostwriting claim to a point. That harms drake decently in the mind of certain hip-hop followers.

Meek Mill is also an idiot at the same time who clearly fired shots at Drake for being bitter over a girl. Tying himself up in a beef with somebody who is at a higher level (however it's written) and more popular than him. Drake has clearly caught feelings so much so that he had to fire two shots off before Meek got an "official" track in. This one is a hit, that's what matters. Gonna throw it on the phone.

Tokubetsu

Meek just gotta burn toronto down at this point. Like if he doesn't come back with voice recordings of Drake getting his booty licked? It'll be weak.

Vorheez

I've taken two things away from this

A: Drake really doesn't write his own shit and Meek is actually getting bodied by a nobody

Or

B: Drake can actually write and now Meek looks stupid

Meek loses both ways.

That new drake diss track was exactly the type of response I wanted from him for the first diss track but damn he lit Meek on fire with this.

This is response worthy. Charged Up is like those diss records Jay Z released against Jim Jones. What diss tracks Jay Z released against Jim Jones you ask? Exactly.

Man I can't even focus on Meek taking Ls because the beat is so mean.

Someone get Freddie Gibbs on that

freddie gibbs has a history of doing some mean shit on drake beats too. god damn it's a shame how he's barely got any 'ins' with anybody in the industry. he would kill it with a guest verse on views from the six for example or a kendrick track.

beat on back to back is really dope.

Damn, I'm jealous (not seeing Meek, just ovofest in general lol)

this was back when the weeknd was tight with him too so he had a half hour set. was real good.

Dereck

sTqId7M.gif

Nibel

Wait, so did meek perform the diss or not? You mofos are confusing as hell with your dialect sometimes, fuckin Toku out here postin like biz now, just a shadow of his former self and counts on some kind of twisted mission to burn this place down from the inside out. Not to mention PD out here postin about some insider info like he about to start his own radio station and get caught up in the fuckery.

We need to reboot. Scrap this one Courage and do another breh

BTW This is lowkey the best post in this thread so far

HabeeNo

Is it better to respond and show up twice in 4 days or talk shit and not show up at all?

IMO Drake was expecting Meek to do something at Hot 97, and this track was his trap card. Meek trolled errbody so Drake tossed the track anyway

Regardless, Meek lost

Is it better to respond and show up twice in 4 days or talk shit and not show up at all?

Meek isn't built to drop a quotable layered comeback. He should just act like it never happened. Given the amount of time that has past he won't exceed or even meet expectations.

He had the ammo before the beef even started. He had all the time in the world already. No matter what Meek is coming out of this looking bad.

codhand

There's a large Muslim population in Philly. Freeway being the most prominent example of a rapper who got more involved in the religion and less involved in rap over time.

Why the fuck am i this doin at 8am? L.

It's like Nicki and Drake are old friends of Meek and trying to do anything and everything to make the guy relevant.

I bet they hang out and have game nights, letting Drake stay over when he's had too much chardonnay.

Mista

Banned
That 2nd diss track is what I can call a diss not the first garbage
Meek got to respond hard or he's done

Courage

I don't think this is desperate at all. He knows people were getting played while waiting for Meek's response, so to go ahead and drop another track is kicking Meek while he's down.

I mean, if Meek doesn't put some kind of effort in now, this whole beef would just be embarrassing.

Mista

Banned
The first one was better imo. Dude was passive aggressive with that diss, while the new one didn't say anything new.

The first had some fire verses but didn't sound aggressive
You got to be aggressive while dissing so everybody can feel it
Now Meek is in Toronto and if he killed it there, thats gangsta!

RP912

Banned
The first had some fire verses but didn't sound aggressive
You got to be aggressive while dissing so everybody can feel it
Now Meek is in Toronto and if he killed it there, thats gangsta!

That's what made the first diss great. Treat the opponent like a flea to a big dog. Common did this with "The Bitch in Yoo" and it was effective as hell compared to Ice Cube yapping with that lame ass "fucking your bitch with Common Sense" line.

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
We're never going to get a reap rap beef again. Remember control? Shit had the game sounding like an auditorium at a middle school dance, with boys on one side and girls on the other and the one dude trying to get shit to pop off. Everybody just stared at their shoes mumbling under their breath.

Now Meek is hiding behind Nikki's ass cheeks while the singing guy from fucking Toronto takes pot shots at him in between getting his hair and nails did. The fucking mayor, a 65 year old ham-and-mayo sammich on wonder bread dropped harder bars than both of them. Meek can yell at his laundry to dry his socks off, but he can't even be arsed to clap back at the dude gentle rubbing suntan lotion into his face with his own hand.

The game ain't changed y'all, there just isn't any game left. It's been spent. It's over. It's all gone.

Dereck

What is Meek gonna do? He's an aggressive rapper, he can be aggressive, but is he gonna have bars?

How is he gonna diss Drake, a rapper who talks about his insecurities so often. Meek is gonna have to come up with some clever shit and not just some Incredible Hulk yelling shit.

Mista

Banned
That's what made the first diss great. Treat the opponent like a flea to a big dog. Common did this with "The Bitch in Yoo" and it was effective as hell compared to Ice Cube yapping with that lame ass "fucking your bitch with Common Sense" line.

You got a point right there brah

I was there last night, and I was hoping that he would respond but there was nothing.

Also that new diss track is great! I figure he though Meek would try and be cute with a diss track live, and had this track in his back pocket. He didn't have one, and he released it anyways.

RP912

Banned
Yeah this shit dope. What makes it dope this one take recording
Not easy at all fam

Yeah I remember seeing the documentary of how he made that mixtape in 48 hours. It made me change my mind about dude because I thought he was the weakest link of grime.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom