• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OT14| The 6 God is Five Writers, And One False Idol

Status
Not open for further replies.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Hot97 discuss origins of Meek/Drake beef. A lot of hooplah but they suggest that Drake might not have been given a big enough % cut for R.I.C.O. to promote the album so he didn't and Meek got tight about that.

EDIT: NORE back on Hot97, talks the Meek/Drake/Flex stuff but mostly just shooting the shit. Man, dude is just a bundle of hilarity and energy. He makes a point about hip-hop missing the middle class, and Ebro does too talking about strippers being the A&Rs today.

"Ghostwrite for me? You'd have to be dyslexic. Ain't nobody doin that."
"Flex was on the radio like SNUFF YOUR MOTHERS"
"We need to make Flex IMMORTAL again"

Eos

Vic Mensa - Heir to the Throne Freestyle
sneak dissing travis scott?
leon.png

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Damn I didn't know OVOFest was this weekend.

Also apparently Kevin Hart (he's from Philly) is doing a set just for Drake there?

Goddamn, Hart feeling the pressure too I'm guessing.

Esch

Banned
3 diss songs in a row is way OD and honestly would add credence to Creek Mills allegations. Your manager typing up like 20 tweets and you're gonna drop another diss

It's interesting how much social media has changed public perception and expectations. There is a demand for an immediate response, and the wait is legitimately hurting Meek. Whereas nobody today remembers or cares that Ether came out more than a month after Takeover. I could be wrong but I think Meek has lost this no matter what - and his diss isn't even out yet.

Initially I said I hoped Meek wouldn't rush a response. Now I almost feel like Meek wasn't gonna respond to Charged Up. His behavior was so carefree and trivial I think maybe he was gonna ignore that shit and keep it moving. The initial assumption was that Drake was baiting him in order to drop the "real" diss. Well Meek didn't take the bait and Drake still dropped it. That tells me Meek wasn't impressed and didn't let his team gas him up...and it also tells me Drake doesn't think he can lose. This is the same dude who didn't say shit when Kendrick went at his neck btw. He's not scared or concerned about Meek.

3 diss songs in a row is way OD and honestly would add credence to Creek Mills allegations. Your manager typing up like 20 tweets and you're gonna drop another diss

The two hit combo was dope, but a third would be a little overkill.

homietheclown3.png

even if meek came back with a great diss track i think he's already lost like PD said. i never doubted the 6god in this beef.

honestly the only one in the new school (with big rep and status too) that could take drake would be kendrick. but luckily that wasn't really a beef.

Fjordson

homietheclown3.png

even if meek came back with a great diss track i think he's already lost like PD said. i never doubted the 6god in this beef.

honestly the only one in the new school (with big rep and status too) that could take drake would be kendrick. but luckily that wasn't really a beef.
Lol don't get me wrong, it'd be funny to see a third one, especially if it's as dope as Back to Back, but I say keep one in his pocket until he gets a non-social media response. No need to go SSJ4 yet if Meek is gonna just stay being a corpse.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
It's interesting how much social media has changed public perception and expectations. There is a demand for an immediate response, and the wait is legitimately hurting Meek. Whereas nobody today remembers or cares that Ether came out more than a month after Takeover. I could be wrong but I think Meek has lost this no matter what - and his diss isn't even out yet.

Initially I said I hoped Meek wouldn't rush a response. Now I almost feel like Meek wasn't gonna respond to Charged Up. His behavior was so carefree and trivial I think maybe he was gonna ignore that shit and keep it moving. The initial assumption was that Drake was baiting him in order to drop the "real" diss. Well Meek didn't take the bait and Drake still dropped it. That tells me Meek wasn't impressed and didn't let his team gas him up...and it also tells me Drake doesn't think he can lose. This is the same dude who didn't say shit when Kendrick went at his neck btw. He's not scared or concerned about Meek.
Social media is gonna be a shit metric. Also you're wrong about the Kendrick thing, Drake broke his media silence to address Kendrick and also apologized at OVOFest.

You're gonna be wading through tens of thousands of 6 Goddesses convincing you Back to Back was fire when he didn't say shit and somehow managed to add credence to Meek's claims in a response diss to the allegations. That's quite a precedent, and pretty much from any position that isn't Drake's dick is looking like Drake is doing way more than he needs to. It's out of character for anyone in his position. Then you got 40 copping pleas and shit, dude isn't shook but he's overreacting. It's chess and Drake is moving himself into places he doesn't need himself to be in. He must really feel his brand is at risk of defamation.

They also discussed this in the NORE interview I just posted. They argued Meek still has a chance. People forget that as fast as fans will turn on you, they'll hop onto a bandwagon just as quick. But the people you speak of that are riding for Drake right now would never ride for Meek even if dude just hit Drake with a No Vaseline + Ether + Takeover Voltron diss track.

Lol don't get me wrong, it'd be funny to see a third one, especially if it's as dope as Back to Back, but I say keep one in his pocket until he gets a non-social media response. No need to go SSJ4 yet if Meek is gonna just stay being a corpse.

Oh no I agree with you guys this shit is overkill if he does 3 without a response

That picture is the "make it stop, he's already dead" scene from the Simpsons lol

Fjordson

Oh no I agree with you guys this shit is overkill if he does 3 without a response

That picture is the "make it stop, he's already dead" scene from the Simpsons lol
Ohh okay lmao, yeah.

Might have exposed my lack of Simpsons knowledge there. Yikes. Only seen like two seasons.

Social media is gonna be a shit metric. Also you're wrong about the Kendrick thing, Drake broke his media silence to address Kendrick and also apologized at OVOFest.

You're gonna be wading through tens of thousands of 6 Goddesses convincing you Back to Back was fire when he didn't say shit and somehow managed to add credence to Meek's claims in a response diss to the allegations. That's quite a precedent, and pretty much from any position that isn't Drake's dick is looking like Drake is doing way more than he needs to. It's out of character for anyone in his position. Then you got 40 copping pleas and shit, dude isn't shook but he's overreacting. It's chess and Drake is moving himself into places he doesn't need himself to be in. He must really feel his brand is at risk of defamation.

They also discussed this in the NORE interview I just posted. They argued Meek still has a chance. People forget that as fast as fans will turn on you, they'll hop onto a bandwagon just as quick. But the people you speak of that are riding for Drake right now would never ride for Meek even if dude just hit Drake with a No Vaseline + Ether + Takeover Voltron diss track.

Drake crying about how no one would work with Kendrick again doesn't constitute a response. He sounded hurt and legit rustled. And then he didn't respond to the actual diss in the BET Awards cypher. So nah...

Drake is risking his position because he had to. He had to aggressively respond to the allegations, and in so doing he changed the subject. No one is talking about the ghostwriting now.

In terms of Meek I really think he could release a Hit Em Up tier diss and not make a mark. The ghostwriting is what opened up a hole in Drake's armor but he seemingly closed it. The only way Drake can lose is if someone leaks the reference tracks - and it has to be more than two. I just don't think fans and media are going to be swayed by a Meek diss. The damage has to come from another angle right now. Drake is already taking a victory lap, and the media is helping.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Drake crying about how no one would work with Kendrick again doesn't constitute a response. He sounded hurt and legit rustled. And then he didn't respond to the actual diss in the BET Awards cypher. So nah...

Drake is risking his position because he had to. He had to aggressively respond to the allegations, and in so doing he changed the subject. No one is talking about the ghostwriting now.

In terms of Meek I really think he could release a Hit Em Up tier diss and not make a mark. The ghostwriting is what opened up a hole in Drake's armor but he seemingly closed it. The only way Drake can lose is if someone leaks the reference tracks - and it has to be more than two. I just don't think fans and media are going to be swayed by a Meek diss. The damage has to come from another angle right now. Drake is already taking a victory lap, and the media is helping.
I guess you're right in that Drake kind of did his job with the two disses changing the subject and convincing his fanbase that it's all gucci, but I also feel that can blow up in his face in the long run or if another big figure calls out his failures with the disses. And yeah I guess that doesn't constitute an actual response RE: Kendrick.

I still think if Meek drops something quality, it will make noise. All eyes are on Meek and if it's good people will forget about the mere days they spent waiting for a response; I don't feel like Meek is at the point of no return as it's only been a few days and dude still is keeping his name in the news while performing in Toronto. He can take the lay up and perhaps even corral the considerably large amount of people that don't fuck with Drake. Meek's not winning a war but he might still win the battle.

But even betting on that is harder than repurposing MeekIsLoudLol memes. I don't know if Meek needs to hit him from another angle necessarily, but whoever starts to put some damn substance out there next is gonna come out on top. The closest thing since is pot shots about Nicki wearing the pants but IMO that's pretty weak. We need Meek to drop something with a photo of Drake crying outside a Hooters after finding out it closed 5 mins ago as the cover art or Nicki to get involved.

Fjordson

Eh, some people were also saying Drake was too soft to respond with an actual diss. Can't please everyone no matter how he played it.

I agree Meek ain't dead yet, though. It's only been a few days and the memes and talk on Twitter will slow down.

Eos

He's going to have to respond soon. It isn't like back when Nas dropped Ether a while after Takeover, social media wasn't as big as it is now. You already have people declaring that Drake won.

Fjordson

He's going to have to respond soon. It isn't like back when Nas dropped Ether a while after Takeover, social media wasn't as big as it is now. You already have people declaring that Drake won.
Agree that social media and forums and shit changes it a bit. I mean there isn't a supreme rap court out there scoring this, "winning" is a vague goal and basically comes down to perception.

But Meek can change it if he brings enough heat imo. Not sure if he has it in him, but it's not impossible.

Eos

Agree that social media and forums and shit changes it a bit. I mean there isn't a supreme rap court out there scoring this, "winning" is a vague goal and basically comes down to perception.

But Meek can change it if he brings enough heat imo. Not sure if he has it in him, but it's not impossible.

yeah i don't really care who "wins" i just wanna hear some nice diss songs. there hasn't been a beef between two big name rappers in a while

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
All this reinforces for me is that it must suck to be Drake. I mean, yeah, he gets to fuck pretty much anything he sees, but there's always some lingering shit that gets to him.

Tension with his idol Kanye, direct shots from Jay, an R&B singer throwing bottles at him in a club, Common getting tight over a woman, giving Kendrick his biggest shot at the mainstream and then Kendrick pulling power moves, setting Makonnen up to be the first star under him only to figure out he has tourettes low key, getting slapped by Diddy out of nowhere and that slap being heard across the world, Birdman not paying him millions he's owed, now Meek threatening his brand perception.

Gotta respect a dude who's been through all that shit and still trucking.

Nibel

There is a third disstrack which will only drop after Meek's disstrack

And Drake didn't went after Kendrick because a) they saw each other after Control and Kendrick still greeted him and they were cool and b) let's be honest here: Kendrick would probably nuke Drake which he knows. Besides, why burn that bridge with someone that talented?

I also don't think Drake is scared of Meek but knows the importance of the allegations. He can't just tweet and act as if nothing happened, this has to go off the table and tbh with each passing hour it seems like this becoming more and more the case.
Meek found a nuclear bomb and instead of either ignoring or throwing it he dryhumped the shit out of it and now it's exploding on his dick.

Either drop the rest of the reference tracks and expose him once for all or otherwise I can see Drake considering going to BFC and close the case once for all.

Fjordson

All this reinforces for me is that it must suck to be Drake. I mean, yeah, he gets to fuck pretty much anything he sees, but there's always some lingering shit that gets to him.

Tension with his idol Kanye, direct shots from Jay, an R&B singer throwing bottles at him in a club, Common getting tight over a woman, giving Kendrick his biggest shot at the mainstream and then Kendrick pulling power moves, setting Makonnen up to be the first star under him only to figure out he has tourettes low key, getting slapped by Diddy out of nowhere and that slap being heard across the world, Birdman not paying him millions he's owed, now Meek threatening his brand perception.

lmfao

Makonnen on OVO feels weirder by the day. He's entertaining, but honestly this Roy Wood$ guy sounds better already (and maybe better than PND also). Can't imagine Makonnen will ever have a hit full length album.

I just looked at the artists signed to OVO......

...its a good thing that the clothing and iconography seem to be pretty popular.

The drama song with Roy Woods is pretty good. Is he signed under Drake?

Esch

Banned

Gets his choice of any woman, multimillionaire, life is really hard for Aubrey.

How does he deal with it all

Eos

drake can keep sending subliminal disses but he knows he'd get killed by kendrick if he went straight at him

FZZ

Banned
Gets his choice of any woman, multimillionaire, life is really hard for Aubrey.

How does he deal with it all

With his woes of course

drake can keep sending subliminal disses but he knows he'd get killed by kendrick if he went straight at him

Wouldn't make it any less enjoyable to see happen. Would be the first beef in ages people would actually care about.

Kopite

Didn't do this before, only started listening to hip hop less than 2 years ago, I've read nearly every GAF-Hop post for a while though.

1. Pick a Coast to rep (Chiraq or Atlantistan) - Chiraq since I listen to YE and Lupe, I wanna listen to more Outkast although I've not really been hooked by ATLiens, which is the first Outkast album I'm giving a spin.
2. What’s your favorite subgenre of rap? (Conscious/Backpack, Trap/Drill, Mafioso, WC Gangsta, Swag, Weed, Hyphy, Club, etc) - Conscious,Mafioso
3. Favorite Artists (Pick Five) - Biggie, Kendrick , Nas , Eminem, Hov
4. Favorite Artists Outside of Hip-Hop (Pick Five) - Arcade Fire, The Beatles, MJ, My Chemical Romance, Oasis
5. What was your hip-hop AOTY last year? What’s your current hip-hop AOTY?- RTJ2, TPAB
6. What are you listening to right now? - Summertime 06', Reasonable Doubt
7. What’s something you like that you might consider a guilty pleasure? What’s something you haven’t listened to that you think a hip-hop aficionado might give you shit for?-Em,Ye and Drake albums. Wu albums,Black Album and recently DS2.
8. Rank a Random Rapper’s Discography (Pick Someone With > 3 Albums)
The Eminem Show>MMLP>SSLP>Relapse>MMLP2>Recovery>Encore

GAF-Hop Discusses

1. What do you like about the current state of hip-hop? What’s missing from the game? Lots of great albums this year. Not enough mafioso albums but maybe that era has passed.
2. Who’s Your Favorite Wu-Tang Member?- Method Man
3. Jay-Z or Nas? Biggie or Pac? Young Thug or OG Maco? - Nas,Biggie, Thugga since I don't know who OG Maco is.
4. What Hip-Hop Album Are You Currently Anticipating? - VFT6, Nas' new album
5. Who is the Most Underrated Emcee? Who is the Most Overrated?- Depending on who you ask, Em fits into both categories. I've been told that Phenomenal is a great track and that Em has always been trash by different people.
6. Would You Rather Eat An Ass or Have Your Ass Eaten?- Would rather have my ass eaten but I like to eat asses too.
7. Onions, Avocados, Both, or Neither? - Neither
8. Do you still listen to Eminem? Why? - I still like the stuff he puts out, his last good track IMO was Guts Over Fear which isn't even a year old.
9. Who’s your favorite pop artist? And who’s the finest? - MJ if he qualifies, finest is either Tinashe or Ariana Grande.
10. Recall a personal event that went down about a week ago... - Got really drunk on my birthday and had to be wheeled out in a trolley.

We're never going to get a reap rap beef again. Remember control? Shit had the game sounding like an auditorium at a middle school dance, with boys on one side and girls on the other and the one dude trying to get shit to pop off. Everybody just stared at their shoes mumbling under their breath.

Now Meek is hiding behind Nikki's ass cheeks while the singing guy from fucking Toronto takes pot shots at him in between getting his hair and nails did. The fucking mayor, a 65 year old ham-and-mayo sammich on wonder bread dropped harder bars than both of them. Meek can yell at his laundry to dry his socks off, but he can't even be arsed to clap back at the dude gentle rubbing suntan lotion into his face with his own hand.

The game ain't changed y'all, there just isn't any game left. It's been spent. It's over. It's all gone.
my fellow dusthead

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom