• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OT14| The 6 God is Five Writers, And One False Idol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Syntsui

This Pusha is so raw. It took a few listens to appreciate it as a whole, but I think it's better than MNIMN.

M.F.T.R might be one of my favorite's songs this year.

ARK322

Neo Member
The new Pusha is solid. Better than My Name is My Name. I'm mainly not feeling Sunshine. It's cool that he's trying to make a song about something other than cocaine, but his bars are so elementary across the whole track. Fox News and Don Lemon are such low-hanging fruit to target in a conscious song that it just doesn't mean anything anymore.

DominoKid

new Pusha is aight. not really surprised that the best tracks (MTFR, MPA and Sunshine) got that GOOD touch on it.

i was surprised to see J Cole was on the MPA beat tho.

Dereck

On second listen, I don't like any of the choruses on this Pusha. Brings the album down because it breaks up the pacing a bit.

Washington Post does not fuck with J Cole.
The decision to promote the J. Cole special with a four-part docuseries that HBO apparently didn’t deem worthy of actual airtime smacks of “Well, we’ve got all this extra footage. Let’s slap it on the Internet and maybe someone will buy an HBO Now subscription. Or something.”

HBO’s entire brand and business model rests on the theory that people are willing to pay a premium for quality content. What does it say when the people who came up with “It’s not TV. It’s HBO,” are giving away said content for free?

Gotdamn

Order

artworks-000135814913-ke6odd-t500x500.jpg

Just gave this a listen, it's a smooth as fuck EP.

CRS

OBLIVION ACCESS IS THE LAST OF THE FILTHY WATER FUNNELING OUT OF THE BATHTUB I'VE BEEN SOAKING IN FOR 5 YEARS.

IT'S ALL THE SHIT AND CUM AND BLOOD AND PISS AND SWEAT AND FLAKES OF DEAD SKIN AND HAIR COLLECTING BY THE DRAIN. TOO THICK AND CLOTTED TO FIT THROUGH THE TRAP.

YOU HAVE TO DIG YOUR HANDS IN IT AND FUCKING DEAL WITH IT.

YOU HAVE TO PICK IT UP AND SMELL IT WHEN IT'S TIME TO CLEAN UP.

YOU HAVE TO LOOK IN THE MIRROR AT YOUR STUPID FACE AND PRUNED BODY SURROUNDED BY THE GHOSTS OF YOUR DEAD FRIENDS WHEN YOU WASH THE SHIT FROM YOUR HANDS

YOU HAVE TO STARE AT YOURSELF AND LOOK FORWARD TO SOMETHING INTERESTING.

OBLIVION ACCESS IS NOT A CLUB RECORD. THERE ARENT ANY HIT SONGS.

IT'S JUST ME AND A FRIEND SORTING THROUGH A BATHTUB OF MY SHIT AND GRIEVANCES IN A BASEMENT FOR A MONTH SO THE WATER COULD FINALLY DRAIN OUT AND I COULD GO HOME.

C YA L8R ;b

ALSO:

WATCHING DUDES CLAMOR AND COMPETE TO BE THE "FIRST" TO LEAK A RECORD IS LIKE WATCHING SOME DARK PEDO-CUCKOLD FANTASY GAMESHOW WHERE THE WINNER GETS CYBERWANKED AND TOLD THEY ARE COOL BY TEENAGE BOYS FOR ANOTHER MAN'S ACCOMPLISHMENTS.

I JUST POOPED.

ALSO:

EXPECT A FOLLOW UP OF REMIXED MATERIALS, RAW FILES, AND VARIOUS "BONUS" BULLSHIT

xHiryu

Cant wait for the end of 2015 lists, thats when ya boi truly feasts. 2016 is looking to be solid tho, as long as we avoid something like the 2013 drought, we chilling fam.

Honestly this article is corny. The article doesn't really delve into the content, it just attacks Cole. I get that Kendrick is the critical darling and has all the juice now, but it's wack seeing him used to lampoon Cole like this. Plus a Kendrick doc would be boring given his personality. Let's be real. I'd rather get a making of feature on TPAB (or GKMC).

Also I watched the first episode of that Cole thing, it was good IMO. Shows the final days of the album creation process as well as Cole's impressive promo roll out.

Grzi

The Pusha T album is pretty good actually. it reminds me of Teflon Don a bit, in that both albums are really short but each track has its own identity, almost as if it's a part of another album but they still seem to form a cohesive body of work. It's not as good though, if I had to rate it I'd probably give it a 6 or a 7.
The only song that I always skip is Retribution.

Koozek

New Pusha, meh. I've always loved Pusha (first two Clipse albums are some of my all-time faves) but somehow his newer stuff feels so, dunno... off. His flow doesn't work on most of the beats, imo. It's hard to explain. It just doesn't grab me.

Gibbs still blasting all-day.

T Dollarz

New Pusha, meh. I've always loved Pusha (first two Clipse albums are some of my all-time faves) but somehow his newer stuff feels so, dunno... off. His flow doesn't work on most of the beats, imo. It's hard to explain. It just doesn't grab me.

Gibbs still blasting all-day.

Yeah I peeped it yesterday and honestly I'm surprised that people are saying it's better than MNIMN. That album had some duds, but overall I thought the highs were really high and kept the album really enjoyable for me. This new one didn't grab me at all on first listen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom