• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OT14| The 6 God is Five Writers, And One False Idol

Status
Not open for further replies.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
lmao @ lames in this thread thinking 2016 gonna be Esco's year

2015 was already Esco's year

1440117709esco__1_.gif

Syntsui

The first time I see someone recognize that Pacifier song from Thugga. I love how unconventional it is, he needs to try this more.

DominoKid

des/toku i finally got around to listening to this Maxo Kream tape. it's pretty good but it's frustrating because this is kinda how i want Rocky to sound instead of whatever the fuck he's doing.

I like how Noz steers the conversation away from the popular artists like Thugger or Kendrick, trying to get more discussion on everything else. Overall he runs a pretty damn good blog/twitter/etc.

yeah when i started reading his blog i thought he hated popular shit but he just hates hearing/seeing people talk about the same shit all the time.

The first time I see someone recognize that Pacifier song from Thugga. I love how unconventional it is, he needs to try this more.

I said when it dropped that it reminded me of Wayne's turn to the more experimental stuff during Tha Carter 3 era. I was hoping to hear more of that from him.

StaSeb

Hey GAF, Iam in my 30s and I think I like hip-hop now and that suprises me. And its exciting! And now I need some advice to find my kind of music in this genre.

I never really cared for Hip-Hop but ocasionally i would nod along with some oldschool (90s/00s) tracks at a friends place. Some times there would be a nice hiphhop track on an otherwise different Album, but Hip-Hop never clicked with me.

I enjoyed dan le sac vs. scroobious pips first album for the sick beats and quirky and sincere rhymes. But the artist that recently drove me to the gene is RJD2. I love his work (maybe not The Third Hand tha much) and after listening to deadringer and more is than isn't quite a lot. Also The Colossus. Nice tunes. Great oldschool samples, but mostly instrumentals. But since I really dig RJD2 I started to get the whole picture, researched his bio, read a reddit AMA, listened to his discography. I learned that I really, really like his style. And I learned that he more or less represents the instrumental side to a lot of great Hip-Hop. I love his collaboration with Blueprint as Soul Posiition. I love his new album with STS and I like his remixes. I fucking dig it! Oh shit and his mix of 5 left in the clip - so goo! And now I want to find similar artists.

One album I already found for me is DangerDooms The Mouse and the Mask. I love the whole thing. It is so groovy. Everyone listening to is kind of enjoys himself - if he really listens or not. Damn - what a great LP! And now I want to avoid listening to this, until I am sick of it. I need moar!

But I cannot really find stuff. Dooms other work is a bit too harsh for me. I like some tracks on Danger Mouses Ghetto Pop Life but overall the album is something I will skip through.

Can you recommend some great albums to me that hit my fancy for great instrumental tracks with rhythm and soul/funk-samples? Stuff that works great as an album to put on when friends are around or to listen to alone and concentrated. Also, since I am not a native englsh speaker too much of a dialect mght be an issue. Doom is borderline mumbling. But I love his voice!

Thanks for reading all that. As a reward, have an old kitten-meme!

thabiz

sigh lol...which GAFer asked him about this a couple years ago..

Roc Marci been super quiet lately. His manager suggested they were gonna release something this winter but nothing happened.

He's been popping up on a quite a few features at the end of the year. Nothing solo, but most of the tracks have been super dope.

He's been popping up on a quite a few features at the end of the year. Nothing solo, but most of the tracks have been super dope.

Yea they've been dope but jeez where's the album? AG The Coroner isn't close to a release date either, seemingly. Something going wrong at the label perhaps. I doubt anyone is buying their shit sadly.

thabiz

Yea they've been dope but jeez where's the album? AG The Coroner isn't close to a release date either, seemingly. Something going wrong at the label perhaps. I doubt anyone is buying their shit sadly.

As long as the alc project drops early next year as rumoured then all will be forgiven.

HiResDes

Hey GAF, Iam in my 30s and I think I like hip-hop now and that suprises me. And its exciting! And now I need some advice to find my kind of music in this genre.

I never really cared for Hip-Hop but ocasionally i would nod along with some oldschool (90s/00s) tracks at a friends place. Some times there would be a nice hiphhop track on an otherwise different Album, but Hip-Hop never clicked with me.

I enjoyed dan le sac vs. scroobious pips first album for the sick beats and quirky and sincere rhymes. But the artist that recently drove me to the gene is RJD2. I love his work (maybe not The Third Hand tha much) and after listening to deadringer and more is than isn't quite a lot. Also The Colossus. Nice tunes. Great oldschool samples, but mostly instrumentals. But since I really dig RJD2 I started to get the whole picture, researched his bio, read a reddit AMA, listened to his discography. I learned that I really, really like his style. And I learned that he more or less represents the instrumental side to a lot of great Hip-Hop. I love his collaboration with Blueprint as Soul Posiition. I love his new album with STS and I like his remixes. I fucking dig it! Oh shit and his mix of 5 left in the clip - so goo! And now I want to find similar artists.

One album I already found for me is DangerDooms The Mouse and the Mask. I love the whole thing. It is so groovy. Everyone listening to is kind of enjoys himself - if he really listens or not. Damn - what a great LP! And now I want to avoid listening to this, until I am sick of it. I need moar!

But I cannot really find stuff. Dooms other work is a bit too harsh for me. I like some tracks on Danger Mouses Ghetto Pop Life but overall the album is something I will skip through.

Can you recommend some great albums to me that hit my fancy for great instrumental tracks with rhythm and soul/funk-samples? Stuff that works great as an album to put on when friends are around or to listen to alone and concentrated. Also, since I am not a native englsh speaker too much of a dialect mght be an issue. Doom is borderline mumbling. But I love his voice!

Thanks for reading all that. As a reward, have an old kitten-meme!

Cooking Soul, Little People, Blockhead, Prefuse 73, Cut Chemist, Handsome Boy Modeling School, Mr. Scruff, Ratatat, etc. Stuff like that

IrishNinja

also

https://twitter.com/Alchemist/status/676779961366110209

Whew. Great seeing Ka get recognition, you can tell he truly appreciates it. I wonder what Alc heard tho. I'm guessing they're the tracks he did with Knxwledge (he responded to that tweet); Ka got a bunch of beats from him months ago. Hope we hear something soon.

yeah, long overude but damn, lovely to see
still gotta copy the vinyls

fuck positivity rend flesh 2k16

nveOdcj.gif

i can get behind this movement

Gonna be a horrible year

yuuup
bad enough we're gonna see T&Y on so many top 10 lists, 3 of those? YUCK/pusha

Cooking Soul, Little People, Blockhead, Prefuse 73, Cut Chemist, Handsome Boy Modeling School, Mr. Scruff, Ratatat, etc. Stuff like that

also wanted to cosign this fantastic list

can you imagine how boring that'd be though

61mRQsnDZ5L.jpg

This is good, no more sleeping on Redman

been sayin it for a while, highly underrated album from a top 10 GOAT

Everybody hates Young Thug until they actually listen to him.

some of us don't hate, just find dude boring
ive enjoyed a few tracks posted about here but can't get through a whole tape

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom