• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OT14| The 6 God is Five Writers, And One False Idol

Status
Not open for further replies.
For shits and giggles, I went back and listened to a few Control responses.

Sooooo many trash, irrelevant, washed-up or never been niggas jumped on that beat.

Garbage ass NY cats like Fred the Blobson tried to get busy but just made themselves look silly instead

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
I don't get it. CyHi makes a record calling Pusha, Ye and Sean trash. He is dropped from the label. But Push is promoting the song. How can it be a concept album if he has to label? Why are people promoting songs that call them garbage?

Why do I suddenly seem to care about what CyHi is doing with his life?

Fjordson

Weird song lol. Some of these lyrics sound like Eminem.

"Okay Teyena got a fat ass
But she won't let nobody in the clique tap
And ain't gonna be no new Yeezy album
Cause he in the trunk with his mouth taped and his wrist wrapped"

lol that CyHi Ye fake beef

I'm still salty that he never released an HQ version of BHP. The damn youtube video to Mandela sounds better.
BHP2 was garbo

Detox

Ye was outchea crawling on floors but Drake dropped a mixtape and Kendrick dropped rap's Black Messiah and he went right back to the drawing board.

only one and all day shouldn't even make the album tbh. maybe bonus tracks but they are wasted spots.

wolves is great though.

i hope he makes a song with skepta. and brings frank ocean out of hiding for a hook.

also cyhi can spit but holy shit that track is corny as fuck. sounds like he's channeling eminem lol

injurai

Banned
I think Wolves and Only One should stay All Day needs to be re-worked if it made the album.

Only One's autotune is pretty ugly... I think it needs reworked as well. I just can't hear that sort of auto tune without seeing the force ghost of T-Pain over Kanye's shoulder.

Only One's autotune is pretty ugly... I think it needs reworked as well. I just can't hear that sort of auto tune without seeing the force ghost of T-Pain over Kanye's shoulder.

I'd like this one he says this is favorite performance of the song. Nice additional vocals from Tony Williams.

ARK322

Neo Member
Yeah I wouldn't be surprised if So Help Me God/SWISH went from breezy, kinda corny stuff like Only One and All Day to something
trying to be
more serious. I think the final result will be a lot of self-aggrandizing power moves like If Your Reading This, or sociopolitical stuff like To Pimp A Butterfly.

Though I don't think Ye is in a position to make either kind of music at this point. He's always been braggodocious, but if he tries to pull some King of Hip-Hop shit, I don't know how convincing that'll be at this point. And he's also always had at least some small bit of social commentary on each of his records, but lately his attempts at it have been pretty bad. The way "New Slaves" just sort of shoehorns in stuff about the prison-industrial complex even though it's really about Kanye's childish anger toward the fashion designers who rejected him is just sorta embarrassing to listen to.

At this point Kanye's best play would be to just make another Dark Fantasy type record. Lots of collabs, instruments, etc. I would hope that he recognizes now that no one wants an album full of trap shit from him. He's not that type of rappers, and his ghostwriters aren't good enough to make that interesting. Nor would such an album do anything innovative or interesting.

Is it the Kendrick or Drake influence? Maybe. I think Kanye is perceptive enough to realize his singles didn't really do anything, and if the album is a bunch of All Day type tracks it's not going to do what he wants it to do. I think he'd rather release an album that appeals to the widest group of people, sells well etc. Anything to make money and help finance his shit.

cb1115

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
considering he pretty much went dark after tweeting this, i think it's safe to say he went back to the drawing board after hearing Kendrick's album

RP912

Banned
It had to take that bum ass beef between Drake/Meek just for rappers to follow suit. Maybe we'll finally get that Kendrick/Macklemore battle.

It had to take that bum ass beef between Drake/Meek just for rappers to follow suit. Maybe we'll finally get that Kendrick/Macklemore battle.

macklemore kissed his butt and sent him a freaking apology letter for winning an award (that was really stupid of him tbh) i dunno how there's a beef there.

RP912

Banned
it always comes down to black vs white smh

GIF-Amused-funny-laugh-laughing-LOL-GIF.gif

macklemore kissed his butt and sent him a freaking apology letter for winning an award (that was really stupid of him tbh) i dunno how there's a beef there.

Just wait until a interview pops up and dude does a Bronson. Kendrick got the infra red on sight waiting for Mack to say some shit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom