• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-HOP OT6(66) Wu-Tang is for Asians and Weeaboos

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air
it all just seems super incoherent right now. wtf this album about? jesus? dead homies? LA? I don't even know what he's goin for I guess.im assuming he's trying to flip this into some personal shit cause of gkmc I guess. it just seems super transparent. although if I was game i reckon id be fresh out of anything decent to say.

Thats what I mean I remember he had the gangbanger Jesus picture and was saying that was going to be the cover.... now its like fuck controversy let me sell images of my dead brother cause I think thats whats hot in the streets.

Thats he textbook definition of a shark ninja biting.

CRS

Thats what I mean I remember he had the gangbanger Jesus picture and was saying that was going to be the cover.... now its like fuck controversy let me sell images of my dead brother cause I think thats whats hot in the streets.

I think the gangbanger Jesus is the deluxe edition and his brother is the regular edition.

The new Big Boi is fire. Not in the same way Sir Lucious was, but I wasn't expecting the same after he scrapped the old name. I think how much you like the album will depend on how much you like various styles of indie music. Shoes For Running with Wavves is amazing and Phantogram kills all three songs they are on.

PBY

Banned
886919369229;size=m1

Jan 15

cover looks fan made and its gonna flop so hard

Im very pumped. I jus want him to do well- I guess the tour helped, but I don't know why he isn't pushing it to the summer, dropping another tape, trying to find a hit single, and then drop the album+another tour.
He is doing a tour with rihanna too. Which I am sure will have way nuch more people than what he did this year.or at least females cause they are the ones who buy albums

Cudder

Rocky just announced his album is dropping January 15th... I'm excited for the album but even as his biggest stan with that little time to build hype its going to do ABYSMAL numbers, even though Fuckin Problems is a very hot single, there is 0 hype for the album, which is a Fuckin Problem.

Damn, that's much sooner than I imagined it would come out. What the fuck is this dude gonna do to promote his album? He just got off a tour, which wasn't even in support of this album, it was just, a tour lol.

I'm not doubting the quality of the music that'll be on the album (if it's as good as his tape I'll be happy (and surprised)), but this dude is done in terms of numbers.

PBY

Banned
FUUUUUUU

Just saw that TI and ASAP are doing a show in NYC. What does gaf think? ASAP was great live, but TI? I just dropped mad money on that Sandy Relief Concert....

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!

lol ok.... Just blindly trying to hype up something where there is nothing.. His Jesus cover was getting blasted in the media so he or management decided to make it a deluxe cover

Zeus Molecules

Everything flies right over your head huh. Listen to his music and influence it was a joke because people he pay tribute to the most are from the soutg

i know.... i was being ironic.... see it sometime ya'll don't get the joke either i was gonna do a bu-bu-but to open it to try to imply comedy but i do it all the time.

Blackace

I think we need that DMX song posted at least 3 more times before I snap

Zeus Molecules

lol ok.... Just blindly trying to hype up something where there is nothing.. His Jesus cover was getting blasted in the media so he or management decided to make it a deluxe cover

He should of done it, that cover was bad but it would of been his. I mean that would be better than this biting cover to me. Also I am not hyping its how I see things.

Blackace

dude do it I mean that would be better than this biting. Also I am not hyping its how I see things.

You do know artist sometimes can't control these things.. The Jesus cover got mad love from fellow artist but roasted by the media.

It's a business as well as a art and the change most likely came over his head.

Because the deluxe cover is very Game like, it basically screams I am an 80s child who is still gangbanging..

And yes you are on some source like hyping right now.. Basically Kendrick didn't invent the RIP album cover and really isn't that original so don't act like anyone is jocking his swag

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
It's about being hypocritical of going to church and praying then going outside right after sunday school and start gangbanging and hiw much he enjoys that
Pretty much.

You can extrapolate a deeper theme out of that, and talk about the aspects of religion and how far one must take their faith to be considered religious, but that's not what Game is going for.

It's just an album with a theme, Game may have had some sort of intervention that inspired this theme but at the end of the day I still feel like he's looking for excuses to do an album centered around a theme the same way Ross' albums' themes are about being as luxurious of an alpha male as possible.

And I'm okay with that.

Zeus Molecules

You do know artist sometimes can't control these things.. The Jesus cover got mad love from fellow artist but roasted by the media.

It's a business as well as a art and the change most likely came over his head.

Because the deluxe cover is very Game like, it basically screams I am an 80s child who is still gangbanging..

And yes you are on some source like hyping right now.. Basically Kendrick didn't invent the RIP album cover and really isn't that original so don't act like anyone is jocking his swag

thats cold bruh ... just ice cold and its not that Kendrick made that RIP album idea its just the timing is horrible and it looks like/feels like biting. if it looks like a duck and quacks like a duck i'm gonna treat it like a duck... I will admit though the decisions might of went down above his pay grade.

lol where are you from? most of these shows go all over the country. I really like concerts, thats where most of my money goes to
Houston and honestly I don't really check who is coming here. I should make it a habit or something though.
i know.... i was being ironic.... see it sometime ya'll don't get the joke either i was gonna do a bu-bu-but to open it to try to imply comedy but i do it all the time.
Well, you were too subtle, so you fooled me.
I used to go to a lot as well but sadly that was a time long ago. :( Eventually I'll move to either the Bay Area or LA and watch as many shows as I can.
Go to the Bay catch some kreayshawn and lil debbie shows.

thabiz

CZARFACE - f/ Roc Marciano 'Cement 3's'

“CZARFACE” project will include contributions from Ghostface Killah, Action Bronson, Mr. Muthafuckin’ eXquire, Roc Marciano, Vinnie Paz, Cappadonna, DJ Premier & Oh No

CZARFACE will be released on 2-19-2013 via Brick Records

I cant believe i have to wait until Feb. This is going to be sick. That track is fuckin tight.

Macca

Get on it Macca!

My PC is on my HT rack and I can't be bothered to hook my phone up to it to transfer music.

The Google Play app that should pull albums I choose off my cloud drive is weird. Maybe it's been updated, but when I tried to use it before it would either try to download every single album on there or none at all.

EDIT: sad thing is I'm home and still listening to those 2 songs on the strength of them being the only 2 mp3s on my desktop and not really feeling like digging through foobar. It works. meh.
No lie, I'd love to make an app. But to develop for iOS you need to have a Mac =/. Kinda fucks me up.

There's a url somewhere you can just put into a podcasting client, and it pretty much works the same. Just gives you a list of all the mixes, and you can play them. I use Instacast and can save too...

I'll try find it.

EDIT: also, whens Notorious BIG Seans album due out?

CRS

No lie, I'd love to make an app. But to develop for iOS you need to have a Mac =/. Kinda fucks me up.

There's a url somewhere you can just put into a podcasting client, and it pretty much works the same. Just gives you a list of all the mixes, and you can play them. I use Instacast and can save too...

I'll try find it.

There's an RSS feed for the mixes right? A lot of podcast apps are compatible with RSS feeds.

Blackace

I'll try find it.

Once things get going I might have someone for that.. at least on the android side of things lol

Mac might not let us lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom