• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-HOP OT6(66) Wu-Tang is for Asians and Weeaboos

Status
Not open for further replies.

cacophony

travis barker best drummer of all time

iv3xiwk8dnS1P.gif

siddx

Magnificent Eager Mighty Brilliantly Erect Registereduser
the value village down the street from me is in this video. ;_;

in fact i recognize a few of these thrift shops, lol.

don't like the track much tho..

yeah I was getting a kick out of seeing places I recognized in that video. But I actually really like the song, the hook is espiecally catchy as fuck.

DominoKid

I'm feeling it too!
It's a lot more interesting than Chico Dusty which, whilst pretty good, was Big Boi on autopilot and felt ultimately, with hindsight, inconsequential.

the album just doesnt sound very well planned. he sounds like the guest on his own album.
chico dusty just feels effortless. his raps and the production perfectly meshes.

Biggest problem with Jesus Piece is that Game seems to have no style or swag of his own. He basically imitates whoever is on the track with him, to a point where the album seems more like producer's album than a rapper's album. He's guest starring on his own shit.

the album just doesnt sound very well planned. he sounds like the guest on his own album.
chico dusty just feels effortless. his raps and the production perfectly meshes.

I do agree that the new album is a bit all over the place, and Big Boi doesn't really stand out much on it, but sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. This time I think it works. You never know where the next track's going, but in a good way.

EDIT: OMG ALI BOMAYE IS CRAAAAAAAAAAZY. THAT BEAT

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
Biggest problem with Jesus Piece is that Game seems to have no style or swag of his own. He basically imitates whoever is on the track with him, to a point where the album seems more like producer's album than a rapper's album. He's guest starring on his own shit.

That's kinda the point for Game...

Completely alone and he isn't that great.. he needs direction for his own songs..

That's kinda the point for Game...

Completely alone and he isn't that great.. he needs direction for his own songs..

That may be the point, but it's holding him back. 4 tracks into this album and he's sounded like 4 different rappers depending on who's featured. Despite the production, it's really distracting and little hilarious. He's J. Cole at the moment btw.

Blackace

Peterboy banned? Whaaa

Kayne Cycle

That may be the point, but it's holding him back. 4 tracks into this album and he's sounded like 4 different rappers depending on who's featured. Despite the production, it's really distracting and little hilarious. He's J. Cole at the moment btw.

Not holding him back... it's the only thing keeping him going..

When he sounded like 50 wished he could sound Game was dope.. when he left and no direction he slowly started to decline.. LAX hit rock bottom and RED had way more features allowing him to swag jack..

Not holding him back... it's the only thing keeping him going..

When he sounded like 50 wished he could sound Game was dope.. when he left and no direction he slowly started to decline.. LAX hit rock bottom and RED had way more features allowing him to swag jack..

Well I guess being a chameleon does keep him relevant, but I think it holds holds him back at the same time, and history won't look back kindly. Maybe it's just me though, idk.

Blackace

Well I guess being a chameleon does keep him relevant, but I think it holds holds him back at the same time, and history won't look back kindly. Maybe it's just me, though, idk.

Documentary is considered classic.. so don't really see it to be a problem from him..

coldvein

Banned
remember that time when i didnt know what the word "murk" meant?

i was so ignorant

i also had no idea that anybody on gods earth thought the documentary was a classic. i'll continue living in the dark

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
I wonder what Jesus Piece's budget was. Those guest verses plus sample clearances must have been expensive as fuck

That is the one thing I don't get about some albums that aren't going to go plastic, but have features all over the place. How can they afford that?

Not saying Jesus Piece isn't going to sell, just talking in general.

Blackace

That is the one thing I don't get about some albums that aren't going to go plastic, but have features all over the place. How can they afford that?

Not saying Jesus Piece isn't going to sell, just talking in general.

I think features don't cost as much as you think...

I mean if I decide to make an album and want a feature I have to pay.. but I think how much it cost isn't handled by the label directly.. and there always seems to be "You feature for my album and I will feature on yours" deals

It's like clock work if one MC pops up on someone's album it is almost certain that the other MC will be on the guest's album

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom