• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-HOP OT6(66) Wu-Tang is for Asians and Weeaboos

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fjordson

Biggest problem with Jesus Piece is that Game seems to have no style or swag of his own. He basically imitates whoever is on the track with him, to a point where the album seems more like producer's album than a rapper's album. He's guest starring on his own shit.
Yeah, this is definitely true.

Game has sort of lost me over the years. I remember being so hyped for him when he was just starting out. Though I still like The Documentary.

I remember that long ass song over the Deep Cover beat that he did was the first track I heard from him. Loved that shit. 100 Bars and Runnin I think it's called.

Also, random thought, but I wonder if he'll actually be in GTA V. Said he was "working on that shit again with Rockstar" in some recent video interview on YouTube :lol

bowery

listening to jesus piece makes me feel like im hearing 50 advertisements for other rappers on a vevo video before hearing the artist.....whats with him shouting out rappers who arent even on the album and then also using lyrics and hooks from hit songs that arent his?

bowery

yeah and it seems like some high budget micheal bay movie or some shit great beats tons of big name features but no real substance

Esch

Banned
also RIP peterboy what happened
sadcam.png

edit: nvm i see

SteeloDMZ

Banned
yeah and it seems like some high budget micheal bay movie or some shit great beats tons of big name features but no real substance

High budget, great beats, big name features and name dropping is what Game has always done. Not to mention he has excellent mic presence, strong delivery, and even though he sometimes hijacks other rapper's flows, he still sounds good. The concept for this album is quite good too.

Fjordson

This has sort of always been Game's approach, though personally I feel like he himself had a stronger presence on his first few albums than he does these days.

SteeloDMZ

Banned
Even though I understand why the song is there, I'd rather have Holy Water instead of Celebration as the last song of the album.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
listening to jesus piece makes me feel like im hearing 50 advertisements for other rappers on a vevo video before hearing the artist.....whats with him shouting out rappers who arent even on the album and then also using lyrics and hooks from hit songs that arent his?

Do you like Jay-Z?

Esch

Banned
i see a lot of RED album revisionism, that shit was gahhhbage and an amalgamation of all the things that make the Game a B-/C+ artist

bowery

yeah i just wish he had more of a personal foot-stamp and style or overall feel on the album here like kendrick or something rather than a clusterfuck of big names

Blackace

i see a lot of RED album revisionism, that shit was gahhhbage and an amalgamation of all the things that make the Game a B-/C+ artist

I am hard on Game for his "I am relevant" attitude but he makes good albums and I didn't revision my stance on the album at all.. look at the AotY voting

I literally can't remember one song from that album or LAX. Totally forgettable. At least Jesus Piece has some standout tracks.

thabiz

Not gonna lie, you guys have got me curious on this Game album. Usually dont fuck with him, but the impressions have been really positive.

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
I didn't like LAX, enjoyed RED but the best thing that album did was give Kendrick a platform to go nuts on. The City is by far both Game's best work and the best song on the record. Game destroys the song, but KDot was on a different level

Blackace

Finally? Lol. LAX and RED are good albums. Not on the level of Documentary or his best, Doctor's Advocate, but still quality material.

LAX is weak... Not horrible but not good

Doctor's Advocate being his best work is like calling Stillmatic Nas'

Blackace

Not gonna lie, you guys have got me curious on this Game album. Usually dont fuck with him, but the impressions have been really positive.

I would suggest the Documentary based on your taste... it is pretty much West West but with a touch of 50 Cent in his prime hook writing

DominoKid

yeah something about game's music just lacks heart.
its usually good, in a "how to rap" sort of way. but its not compelling.

Esch

Banned
Are we comparing Game to Jay now? Naw, sorry. I see a pretty fucking big gulf in songwriting, charisma, and and beat synergy there. Plus the flow jacking/stealing is not analogous. Jay is like that dude that paraphrases things and doesnt cite. Game is that guy sweating his nuts off in an exam trying to take glances at anyone's paper he can the entire semester.

Blackace

Doctor's Advocate is Game's favorite album! Mine too.

One Blood >

Game will say anything to shit on 50

One Blood is maybe his best song I will admit but Documentary is sooooo dope

thabiz

I would suggest the Documentary based on your taste... it is pretty much West West but with a touch of 50 Cent in his prime hook writing

Took a look and nice to see Dre and Storch. Hi tek and tim is nice too. Will check.

And just to clarify, west coast got too pimp and commercial at one point. I just stopped paying attention. I know all the cats, and have heard most of them, but just never got albums and such.

Esch

Banned
I am hard on Game for his "I am relevant" attitude but he makes good albums and I didn't revision my stance on the album at all.. look at the AotY voting

nah man he makes competent, listenable albums. you listen to everything but the documentary, its just like you sit through it and you nod your head, you might like some of the songs but like maybe 3-5/16 of them stand out and eventually you listen to a single track from it a couple times of the year.

Oldschoolgamer

The physical form of blasphemy
Tried listening to Papoose's new mixtape...

lulz

This guy really hasn't evolved at all. Still with these same ridiculous punchlines.

Blackace

Are we comparing Game to Jay now? Naw, sorry. I see a pretty fucking big gulf in songwriting, charisma, and and beat synergy there. Plus the flow jacking/stealing is not analogous. Jay is like that dude that paraphrases things and doesnt cite. Game is that guy sweating his nuts off in an exam trying to take glances at anyone's paper he can the entire semester.

Jay's best songs are all bitten.. Plus name dropping.

Game does it to another level and Jay is a better rapper. But it is funny to hear people say Game is a biter but Jay pays homage...

HiResDes

nah man he makes competent, listenable albums. you listen to everything but the documentary, its just like you sit through it and you nod your head, you might like some of the songs but like maybe 3-5/16 of them stand out and eventually you listen to a single track from it a couple times of the year.

Pretty spot on...

SteeloDMZ

Banned
Game will say anything to shit on 50

One Blood is maybe his best song I will admit but Documentary is sooooo dope

I think DA is superior to The Documentary in every single way, and it's a roundhouse kick to the mouth of everyone who said Game wouldn't be shit without 50, Dre and/or Eminem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom