• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-HOP OT6(66) Wu-Tang is for Asians and Weeaboos

Status
Not open for further replies.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Game is one of those artists which you continue to listen to because he still delivers heat at the end of all the nonsense. He's extremely skilled and versatile on the mic in all aspects when he wants to be.

The name dropping doesn't bother me at all TBH. Most of the time it's in those pop culture raps too, since Game is always trying to reference some event that's happened recently. My biggest problems with him as an artist is his tendency to jack flows and his idea of quality control. Thing is he doesn't need to jack flows when dude already had his own (versatile) style back in Documentary/DA days that worked so damn well. He just has way too much fun with it. And like I said before, he'll jack flows and ad libs of cats he's got featured on the song and they'll be cool with. It's super weird. He's like a bored rapper that still wants to make music, same problem 50 has handled differently.

But I'll always mess with game, because every time he puts out something weak he'll follow it up with a Big Dreams, Brake Lights, Angel, The City, Born In The Trap or Monsters In My Head. If dude sat down and had someone like Dre, Preemo, Kanye or Just Blaze executively produce his album, he could bang out classics indefinitely.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
nah man he makes competent, listenable albums.

what does that even mean?

That's kind of the goal isn't it?

Doctor's Advocate is actually a really good album with maybe 2 songs that I skip.. Also has a complete flow to it like Documentary and is a really great sophomore album (where a lot of artist fail poorly at) LAX.. was a mess and RED had those 5 to 6 good songs buried in mediocrity you were talking about

I think DA is superior to The Documentary in every single way, and it's a roundhouse kick to the mouth of everyone who said Game wouldn't be shit without 50, Dre and/or Eminem.

I went back to DA recently and that shit hasn't aged well at all or at least nowhere near as well as the Documentary

Blackace

I think DA is superior to The Documentary in every single way, and it's a roundhouse kick to the mouth of everyone who said Game wouldn't be shit without 50, Dre and/or Eminem.

Naw.. Documentary has everything.. Easy to remember songs a few club bangers, throw back songs, I finally made it and so on..

DA did sound much more personal but in terms of musical direction he stepped back into the 90s West Coast and sat down and pouted

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Problem with DA is that it starts out really weak. Compton and Da Shit are terrible. But from then on it's pretty much 10/10 song one after another, outside of Scream On Em.

Too Much, Wouldn't Get Far, Bang, Why You Hate The Game, Ol' English, Doctor's Advocate..

SteeloDMZ

Banned
Really? I listen to both albums regularly and DA is perfectly fine. That production is just timeless, + Game sounds hungry as fuck in a lot of tracks.
-----

Talking about Game jackin' flows, the only one I found hilarious and kinda offensive was from the Young Jeezy track in RED album. lol

Problem with DA is that it starts out really weak. Compton and Da Shit are terrible. But from then on it's pretty much 10/10 song one after another, outside of Scream On Em.

Too Much, Wouldn't Get Far, Bang, Why You Hate The Game, Ol' English, Doctor's Advocate..

Whaaaa? I freaking love those beginning songs.

Blackace

It is a GREAT album.. But I feel it was a step backwards instead of forward.. If he was able to work with Dre, or even 50 I think DA would have had a better feel to it

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper

Scream on Em was my shit.

Cudder

Did it just click or something lol?
I mean, I'm on the train going home listening to it and I just want to get up and rap the shit out loud. I always liked it but for some reason this listen is grabbing me by the balls. g2g back to listening

Esch

Banned
what does that even mean?

That's kind of the goal isn't it?

Doctor's Advocate is actually a really good album with maybe 2 songs that I skip.. Also has a complete flow to it like Documentary and is a really great sophomore album (where a lot of artist fail poorly at) LAX.. was a mess and RED had those 5 to 6 good songs buried in mediocrity you were talking about

im saying there are albums that are not offensive or glaringly bad in any way but are so run of the mill and predictable and transparent that you end up looking at them negatively. I don't want perfect mediocrity- I'd rather have something with standout flaws thats compelling.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
By the way, Cool & Dre are excellent with Game. Top notch beats and mastering.
yes yes yes yes yes yes

They were magical back in the day. Also one of the big reasons I'm excited for Jesus Piece, because of all of the Cool & Dre beats on there.

Blackace

im saying there are albums that are not offensive or glaringly bad in any way but are so run of the mill and predictable and transparent that you end up looking at them negatively. I don't want perfect mediocrity- I'd rather have something with standout flaws thats compelling.
RED is pretty much his only album like that

Esch

Banned
funniest Game flow jack was Martians vs. Goblins. shit was too meta for me, i cant believe that shit even managed to get a video

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Real talk: Papoose is probably the best rapper when it comes to managing money if he's been eating off of that 1 mill deal for this long.

//B1G

Banned
funniest Game flow jack was Martians vs. Goblins. shit was too meta for me, i cant believe that shit even managed to get a video
Haha that was embarrassing for real.

Someone should post up a single track for me to listen to right now. Something hard as hell but not ignorant. Gimme gimme

SteeloDMZ

Banned
First listen of Jesus Piece done. Loved it.

First impressions are that the production is pretty stellar, some features like Pusha and Kendrick and, surprisingly, 2 Chainz in Ali Bomaye killed it and Game's lyricism seemed on point. This will be on repeat for a while I can sense.

cacophony

how much do you think dudes like Hit-Boy make a beat upfront?

i have no idea how much bigger name producers charge.. young chop isnt big name but he charges $2500

how much do you think dudes like Hit-Boy make a beat upfront?

i have no idea how much bigger name producers charge.. young chop isnt big name but he charges $2500

Young Chop's stuff is already getting kind of generic. I don't think he will last as long as that ninja Lex Luger.

Hit-Boy probably doesn't make much off of the in-label stuff but outside he probably makes better money.

overcast

Surprised Krit wasn't nominated. Surprised Lupe was tbh. Undun should take it in my opinion, but Take Care will get it for sure.

Can't imagine anything being better than GKMC next year. Except for that MBDTF2

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Surprised Krit wasn't nominated. Surprised Lupe was tbh. Undun should take it in my opinion, but Take Care will get it for sure.

Can't imagine anything being better than GKMC next year. Except for that MBDTF2
Seems like one of those lists compiled of high profile releases only.

I'd put Section80 over all of those too, wonder if it was eligible.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom