• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-HOP OT6(66) Wu-Tang is for Asians and Weeaboos

Status
Not open for further replies.

DominoKid

pluto should be nominated instead of lupe.

25. Best Rap Album
Take Care
Food & Liquor II: The Great American Rap Album, Pt. 1
Life Is Good
Undun
God Forgives, I Don't
Based On A T.R.U. Story

Well isn't that one hell of a list.

probably drake but im definitely hoping for 2 chainz. he deserves it.

DominoKid

i want to see a tity boi acceptance speech, fuck it he needs an oscar three six mafia have one

i saw the three 6 one live. its probably one of my top 3 favorite tv moments ever (janet jackson's boob at the super bowl is another one)

i need to see 2 chainz win lol.

sn: christmas in harlem is still sick. i wish good music would churn out a quick christmas ep. christmas is the shit

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
i saw the three 6 one live. its probably one of my top 3 favorite tv moments ever (janet jackson's boob at the super bowl is another one)

i need to see 2 chainz win lol.

sn: christmas in harlem is still sick. i wish good music would churn out a quick christmas ep. christmas is the shit
Hell yeah.

Vado's verse on Christmas in Harlem >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

HiResDes

Jesus Piece is good cover album. However, too often does the female/male collaborator disrupt a track's cohesion to the point where the religious/sacrilegious context of the album becomes lost. After hearing Holy Water I was hoping the album would mostly be compromised of dark, atmospheric religiously schizophrenic tracks. Half of the album is really good: Ali Bomaye, I Remember, Church, Jesus Piece, Name Me King, Pray, and Scared Now. See No Evil and Can't Get Right are prime examples of fantastic tracks marred by an overbearing singing hook. The sample in Can't Get Right is strong enough to stand alone. The lows of the album are really kind of cringe-worthy in my eyes. Blood Diamonds, All That Lady, and Celebration all try too hard to build upon the framework of previously successful songs and thus end up highlighting Game's biggest shortcomings in terms of his dependence on other performers and his lack of creative vision. A few snips and cuts and I think Game is left with a great album instead of a really good one. 8/10

njean777

Take Care will probably take it which he deserves some award for as I think it is a really good album, but we all know section 80 is better then them all. Nod to the Roots also because Undun was a great album as well.

Damn Game sampled one of my favorite tracks from Florence and the Machine on jesus piece on the song called: Ali Bornaye

Original song for anybody that cares

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HjIwKzBg0aI

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Jesus Piece is good cover album. However, too often does the female/male collaborator disrupt a track's cohesion to the point where the religious/sacrilegious context of the album become lost. After hearing Holy Water I was hoping the album would mostly be compromised of dark, atmospheric religiously schizophrenic tracks. Half of the album is really good: Ali Bomaye, I Remember, Church, Jesus Piece, Name Me King, Pray, and Scared Now. See No Evil and Can't Get Right are prime examples of fantastic tracks marred by an overbearing singing hook. The sample in Can't Get Right is strong enough to stand alone. The lows of the album are really kind of cringe-worthy in my eyes. Blood Diamonds, All That Lady, and Celebration all try too hard to build upon the framework of previously successful songs and thus end up highlighting Game's biggest shortcomings in terms of his dependence on other performers and his lack of creative vision. A few snips and cuts and I think Game is left with a great album instead of a really good one. 8/10
1877074_o.gif

Nobility

Banned
Cheering for Undun but I think Take Care will win.

F&L2 lasted a week for me until I got bored of it.

Nas hasn't won a grammy?

SteeloDMZ

Banned
I can't stop listening to Ali Bomaye. Beat is legendary and Game goes hard. I don't like Rozay or 2 Chaaaainz, but they did their thing here.

On my 3rd Jesus Piece listen. So good.

As for the Grammies, I hope Nas takes it. Life is Good was stellar.

DominoKid

"i dont care if kanye ate it. i dont care if jay ate it
imma eat it up and imma lay in it." - game doing his best 2 chains impression

its almost hilarious how much he dickrides kanye and jay

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
"i dont care if kanye ate it. i dont care if jay ate it
imma eat it up and imma lay in it." - game doing his best 2 chains impression

its almost hilarious how much he dickrides kanye and jay
It's sad. He wants acknowledgement from Jay so bad, and always has since the Westside Story incident, and you know Jay can't be bothered to waste any more time on dude.

"Give a fuck about a car? Bitch, this a Rover!
You're driving a mistake like me dissin' Hova!
"
- Brake Lights

I mean c'mon son. It's just so self aware and sad.

overcast

Game is a pretty damn sad character. I think Documentary is overrated, but I can see why many love it. Going to download this album though, you guys seem to like it.

Grzi

All this "great mixtape" shit is funny to me. It's like when Teflon Don dropped and people were all like "yeah, the beats are dope", as if Ross wasn't a monster on the mic.

Jesus Piece is a cohesive album, it flows, if not thematically then sonically.
The end is a bit weaker though, Holy Water and Rollin' should have been on the album.

8/10 sounds about right, but there's not a lot of albums I'd rate higher than that this year.

overcast

I like the sound of the album this far, but why litter your album with features? A game album should feature the game, not 25 other artists. Features can be great, but it's just too much.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
I like the sound of the album this far, but why litter your album with features? A game album should feature the game, not 25 other artists. Features can be great, but it's just too much.

I don't really care either way... But why is this a rule? It's not like he has a bunch of garbge rappers he is trying to bring out or something he pretty much has most the hottest rappers in the industry right.. And to my surprise he two versed then handed off on a lot of tracks and smartly used for Chrouses which is his weakness..

I can't see a reason to complain about features that are working..

SteeloDMZ

Banned
Jesus Piece reeeeeally needed a Ye Verse. Common went in tho, liked his verse.

I had an awesome moment while listening to Jesus Piece: the moment the Kanye "hook" ended, It felt to me almost identical to the Game feature in Late Registration, then Game proceeds to make a reference to Crack Music. Fucking great.

As for ranking albums (or score based reviews for that matter)I think is absurd to do it after the album has been out for like 6 hours only. In one year I'll be in position to say where it ranks among Game's other albums, but things are looking promising. One thing I can say for sure is that Game's consistency is fantastic. 5 albums out, 5 good albums.

siddx

Magnificent Eager Mighty Brilliantly Erect Registereduser
This Big Boi album...I wasn't sure at first, but damn. This is a beautiful album. Top 5 no, top 10 definitely.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom