• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-HOP OT6(66) Wu-Tang is for Asians and Weeaboos

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tokubetsu

I fux with All Gold Everything, dope beat classic chorus and that Molly part is amazing. But I do believe something is odd about him. He claims he got those beats for free but I find that hard to believe. Plus all that gold, fake or real, reeks of industry image. I wouldn't be surprised if he already has a deal and is just pretending to be unsigned

He clearly has connections due to owning a fashion store in Atlanta. I'm sure plenty of down low label heads knew him months ago, liked his swag, and perhaps decided to finance him

Totally what happened. There was some shit talking going on on twitter about him. Even MFN eXquire was talking shit saying he stole his swag.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
I fux with All Gold Everything, dope beat classic chorus and that Molly part is amazing. But I do believe something is odd about him. He claims he got those beats for free but I find that hard to believe. Plus all that gold, fake or real, reeks of industry image. I wouldn't be surprised if he already has a deal and is just pretending to be unsigned

He clearly has connections due to owning a fashion store in Atlanta. I'm sure plenty of down low label heads knew him months ago, liked his swag, and perhaps decided to finance him
He said he just literally stole the beats off of YouTube and shit. And then later when people found out he jacked their beats they just gave him props. *shrug*

If I was dude who made a beat, I'd at least want some credit.

DominoKid

He said he just literally stole the beats off of YouTube and shit. And then later when people found out he jacked their beats they just gave him props. *shrug*

If I was dude who made a beat, I'd at least want some credit.

The exposure is good enough. I see what TJ is saying there.

CRS

tumblr_mery7zwK0T1rml0gxo3_1280.jpg
Joey Bada$$ and Harry Fraud.

obama.png

Harry Fraud with the long hair again.

Pol_Pothead

Neo Member
I just watched All Gold Everything (I have seen it before however) to make sure i didn't miss anything and no it still sucks balls. Have a free palette cleanser on me which i don't believe i've seen posted although admittedly i have been out of the loop the last couple of weeks or so. Kinda Money On The Floorish, kinda so good.

Big K.R.I.T. - Now And Then ft. Slim Thug

CRS

I just watched All Gold Everything (I have seen it before however) to make sure i didn't miss anything and no it still sucks balls. Have a free palette cleanser on me which i don't believe i've seen posted although admittedly i have been out of the loop the last couple of weeks or so. Kinda Money On The Floorish, kinda so good.

Big K.R.I.T. - Now And Then ft. Slim Thug

It was posted. K.R.I.T. always deserves a re-post though.

Pol_Pothead

Neo Member
Last drunken hating style post for the day (hopefully). Trinidad James is what would happen if Lafayette from True Blood decided he needed to be a rap star one day.

HiResDes

Big Boi's Vicious Lies and Rumors - After listening through the album this is how I think the project came about: During his performance at Pitchfork, Big Boi sat in on a bunch of bands and wrote down a bunch of names to contact later with the hopes of snagging them for a new project. Big Boi who was desperately looking for fresh ideas decided that he'd just call up every single person on the list and whomever contacted him back he'd put on the album.

Sir Luscious Left Foot was a popular album because it was hip and fresh, so why not take that concept to the next level, he thought to himself. I'll just throw everything in, order it somehow so that the composition isn't too jarring and call it an album. I'm going to steal B.O.B.'s swag, give it a little soul, and actually succeed in selling some units. Shit I might even get a grammy, bitch I was in Outkast.

The album has some good songs on it for sure, but the cuts that work best are those that are the most reigned-in. Little Dragon works well on a few tracks, but I believe the old-school collaborators are the ones that still prove to mesh the best with Big Boi. And once you get past the luster of the tracks, and begin to examine the album as a whole everything falls apart. It is a messy,directionless amalgam of over-produced brain-mush that lacks any sort of emotional impact. Everyone involved is quite talented, and they all work well when examined singularly, but there are just too many people on stage and the spotlight is overwhelming.

6/10

Pol_Pothead

Neo Member
I thought Andre was the weird one in Outkast. It turns out both of them are weird, and Big Boi spent way too much of the past year going to Pitchfork writers' parties.

Esch

Banned
some of yall never really understood that hipsters love Outkast and Outkast love hipsters

trendy evolutionary mutualism

I always thought both were "weird" but in different ways. Basically Big Boi is a weird pimp while Andre is a weird lover? Although dre was a pimp on the first album

Pol_Pothead

Neo Member
Trendy evolutionary mutualism may have to go on my gravestone just to fuck with people. Weirdness has led to some fantastic music but sadly this was not the case with Big Boi's latest in my opinion.

HiResDes

I finally caved and bought a high-quality rip of Antwon's End of Earth...Gonna be revisiting that and Jonwayne's Cassette, which needs more exposure for sure.

Trendy evolutionary mutualism may have to go on my gravestone just to fuck with people. Weirdness has led to some fantastic music but sadly this was not the case with Big Boi's latest in my opinion.

I see Rocky's album going similarly, but being slightly more successful.

thabiz

I read your review, which was well put together.

I guess i should check it out. Everyone was freaking out, then silence. I was just curious as to why the general chatter died down.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
So whats the general consensus on Jesus Piece?
It's good, and if you've ever had a passing interest in Game, you may like it. It's something different from him, and it's his most cohesive album outside of Documentary.

If you don't like Game, it won't change your mind, a lot of the same mannerisms are peppered across the album.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
I read your review, which was well put together.

I guess i should check it out. Everyone was freaking out, then silence. I was just curious as to why the general chatter died down.

What else is there to say after people said it was good?

Also did people check the Game mix?

HiResDes

All that with wayne and big sean. I noticed that shit the moment it played but I love brown sugar. I surprisingly don't mind wayne verse on it too

Deleted that shit the moment I played it and listened to Brown Sugar later. My second favorite D'Angelo song behind Devil's Pie.

Blackace

Haven't listened to it yet and I like all of Game's album, I enjoy his style a lot so I'm excited to hear Jesus piece.

Does the leak have the Dre tracks?
The album has no Dre tracks

Detox

What I thought the deluxe had two Dre tracks :(

Sad to see his last album on Aftermath doesn't have a beat from Dre

Deleted that shit the moment I played it and listened to Brown Sugar later. My second favorite D'Angelo song behind Devil's Pie.
Haha the first time I listened I ended up doing the same thing cause the sample is way too obvious. But I really don't mind the song. Problem is that I end up just listening to the beat and not what they are sayin

Blackace

What I thought the deluxe had two Dre tracks :(

Sad to see his last album on Aftermath doesn't
have a beat from Dre

Hard copy album has none
itunes has a Dre beat

Also his last Aftermath album was documentary

RJT

What else is there to say after people said it was good?

Also did people check the Game mix?

The mix was better than Jesus Piece, no doubt. I have to give it another listen, but I felt the album was definitely worse than Doctor's Advocate (and of course galaxies away from Documentary). I love old Game, and don't even know why. Probably the goofiness of it all...

Blackace

The mix was better than Jesus Piece, no doubt. I have to give it another listen, but I felt the album was definitely worse than Doctor's Advocate (and of course galaxies away from Documentary). I love old Game, and don't even know why. Probably the goofiness of it all...

The only beef I have with the album is it doesn't sound west at all

I don't need songs to c-walk to but I would like the album to have a bit of a sound.. more identity

If I never heard Game until JP I would have thought he was from Florida

Jitters

To me, with some of the shit that comes out now, Big Boi's album isn't that weird. I feel like uniqueness isn't as accepted in hip-hop as it should be. Like MBDTF, it broadened hip-hop's somewhat narrow scope and it is often called "Too noisy" or "Too out there". It seems like anything slightly out of the ordinary is frowned upon.

Blackace

To me, with some of the shit that comes out now, Big Boi's album isn't that weird. I feel like uniqueness isn't as accepted in hip-hop as it should be. Like MBDTF, it broadened hip-hop's somewhat narrow scope and it is often called "Too noisy" or "Too out there". It seems like anything slightly out of the ordinary is frowned upon.
Being mastered shitty is not an artform

RJT

The only beef I have with the album is it doesn't sound west at all

I don't need songs to c-walk to but I would like the album to have a bit of a sound.. more identity

If I never heard Game until JP I would have thought he was from Florida

Yeah, I felt the same thing. I'm not a fan of that direction at all... Maybach Music shout outs felt wrong...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom