• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-HOP OT6(66) Wu-Tang is for Asians and Weeaboos

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tokubetsu

God Damn
Wow
Holy Shit

How the fuck is "Dead People" a bonus track? For a brief four minutes and ninteen seconds the Detox dream is alive, and it's beautiful. Even the mix is amazing. I can fucking hear ridiculous man hours in this one beat. Never seen Game do this much side vocal work for the mix too. A lot of takes.

God Damn
Wow
Holy Shit

How the fuck is "Dead People" a bonus track? For a brief four minutes and ninteen seconds the Detox dream is alive, and it's beautiful. Even the mix is amazing. I can fucking hear ridiculous man hours in this one beat. Never seen Game do this much side vocal work for the mix too. A lot of takes.

Yeah, Dead People and Holy Water should've been on the disc instead of DLC. Trade those for Celebration/All That/Hallelujah and instant improvement. It's also probably the most interesting Game sounds on the whole album.

SteeloDMZ

Banned
Who's getting DAT Jesus Piece? I'm getting it at Bestbuy, which has 2 extra songs that fit the concept of the album: Blood of Christ and a mastered version of the great Holy Water.

ecurbj

Who's getting DAT Jesus Piece? I'm getting it at Bestbuy, which has 2 extra songs that fit the concept of the album: Blood of Christ and a mastered version of the great Holy Water.
I bought the iTunes version just so I can have the Mastered for iTunes and that bonus track produced by Dre. I'm still going to buy the Best Buy version this Friday though. I want those two bonus tracks also.

I'm enjoying Jesus Piece so far. Gawd, this is an awesome album.

Detox

God Damn
Wow
Holy Shit

Here's a link: Game – Dead People (Prod. By Dr Dre)

Dre has really nailed layering beats. I'd love to hear that planets album it must have an insane amount of depth on the beats.

Detox

It's out

1354817313-h.jpg

Vinyl: $20
CD: $35
The whole set: $50
- 24k Audiophile Gold Disc CD with re-mastered audio, housed in a "Cherrywood Trophy Box" with gold plaque
- Vinyl LP packaged with full lyric insert
- 48 page full-color, hard cover book including extended artwork, full album lyrics and liner notes from The Source founder Jon Shecter
- A reproduction of the original 1994 Illmatic press release
- Two 8” x10” glossy promo photos used in the Illmatic campaign
- Rare 1994 promotional poster with full album lyrics printed on the back
- Black 2-Piece outer box for the CD with original 'Nas' promo sticker. This is exclusive to all orders placed on Get on Down.com

https://www.getondown.com/album.php?id=15691

RJT

Relistening to "Habits & Contradictions", forgot how good it gets. Remove 3/4 songs from the middle and it'd be an even better album. I'm deciding if I like it better than R.A.P. Music, though... The highs are definitely higher, but R.A.P. Music is more consistent...

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
J655P.png

Fantastic mix. Goes hard the whole way through! I was even thinking to myself, that I'd love to hear Strange Clouds in the mix. Shit, you got it in and with the superior remix version!

Cover is dooooope!

ecurbj

Ayo, that Jesus Piece album knocks. The production was spot on. And that Dre beat off the iTunes bonus track is dope.

I'm so glad I downloaded the album this morning. I wasn't feeling the track Celebration to much. And that track with Kanye was laughable. Game saying "Huh" was so wannabe Kanye, lol.

Overall. Solid album.

4 out of 5!? Am I over excelling this album, GAF? I haven't heard Documentary yet. So my score shouldn't be valid, huh?

God Damn
Wow
Holy Shit

Haha, it's certainly a hell of a lot better than what xzhibit got

thabiz

Holy crap, you owe me on this one ace.

Good transitions. That you throwing in some scratches? Ganja horns for cover. Nice.

Technically its tight. Glad you avoided layering. Cut. Track. Quick, and in good spots. No fucking around. Works on the flow with this truly ignorant shit. Varying the cuts with fades and effects is a nice touch.

But good damn i cant believe i did this mix WITH my coffee. Sosa makes my ears bleed.

Cover is tight as hell too.

Obviously i say your East Coast mix.

RJT

Ayo, that Jesus Piece album knocks. The production was spot on. And that Dre beat off the iTunes bonus track is dope.

I'm so glad I downloaded the album this morning. I wasn't feeling the track Celebration to much. And that track with Kanye was laughable. Game saying "Huh" was so wannabe Kanye, lol.

Overall. Solid album.

4 out of 5!? Am I over excelling this album, GAF? I haven't heard Documentary yet. So my score shouldn't be valid, huh?

Shame on you. Best west coast album since 2001 (until GKMC), and easily the best G-Unit album. In my opinion, of course.

ecurbj

Shame on you. Best west coast album since 2001 (until GKMC), and easily the best G-Unit album. In my opinion, of course.

I know man. I just recently got into the reigns of Hip Hop a few years ago. I had to run away from my Mom Gospel music threshold. Now that I'm free and able to listen to music freely I'm sort of late to real Hip Hop.

I heard Dre first album and fell in love. That album was so dope.

How many of you have Twitter? We should post all of em.

I have one. I use it every now and then.

siddx

Magnificent Eager Mighty Brilliantly Erect Registereduser
Macca I added descriptions for timbo mix and ignorant 29 but what the fuck is going on with the site layout? I feel like I'm having a seizure.

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
I'm probably going to regret this later once the new car smell wears off, but I'm really enjoying Jesus Piece. Cut the weezy and cole songs, add holy water and dead people and you have the best non TDE album of the year.

T Dollarz

I have yet to see Jesus Piece as highly as most here. I thought it was pretty good, but top 10 material? What y'all been listening to all year? lol

Esch

Banned
I have yet to see Jesus Piece as highly as most here. I thought it was pretty good, but top 10 material? What y'all been listening to all year? lol

That's the Action Bronson y'all been on about?

The fuck is wrong with y'all? The dude is the worst shit I heard this month. What the fuck did I just listen to? This is some elaborate troll artist, right? This isn't a serious dude actually making this music, right?

Take from that what you will

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
You guys liking Action Bronson disturb me. Maybe it was that one song played in the GAF-Hop room, but that was straight poop. From a butt.

SteeloDMZ

Banned
Wait a sec, I'm reading that Jesus Piece BB version has 2 extra songs aside from the ones I mentioned:

- Celebration Remix (Bone Thugs Remix)
- Last Supper

That's awesome. Gonna get my album now.

ecurbj

Wait a sec, I'm reading that Jesus Piece BB version has 2 extra songs aside from the ones I mentioned:

- Celebration Remix (Bone Thugs Remix)
- Last Supper

That's awesome. Gonna get my album now.
Which version has those two extra songs you just mentioned?

The Best Buy deluxe version two bonus tracks are: Blood Of Christ & Holy Water.

SteeloDMZ

Banned
Which version has those two extra songs you just mentioned?

The Best Buy deluxe version two bonus tracks are: Blood Of Christ & Holy Water.

Best Buy version, supposedly. Gonna find out for sure now that I'm heading to BB.

Btw, here are the credits for the album:

1. Scared Now (Prod. Black Metaphor)
2. Ali Bomaye (Prod. Black Metaphor)
3. Jesus Piece (Prod. Stephen "Koz" Kozmeniuk & The Maven Boys)
4. Pray (Prod. Cool & Dre)
5. Church (Prod. K. Roosevelt)
6. All That (Lady) (Prod. Cool & Dre)
7. Heaven's Arms (Prod. Cool & Dre)
8. Name Me King (Prod. SAP)
9. See No Evil (Prod. Boi-1da)
10. Can't Get Right (Prod. Cool & Dre)
11. Hallelujah (Prod. Jake One)
12. Freedom (Prod. Antwan "Amadeus" Thompson)
13. Celebration (Prod. SAP) (Notes additional production from Cool & Dre)
14. I Remember (Prod. Yung Ladd) (Notes additional production from Cool & Dre)
15. Blood Diamonds (Prod. S1)

That Black Metaphor dude killed his shit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom