• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-HOP OT6(66) Wu-Tang is for Asians and Weeaboos

Status
Not open for further replies.
In the A is a great use of sampling yourself

He dumbed himself down?

Don't see it

I'm not a fan of when artist's sample themselves, I do like In the A though, don't get me wrong.
And Big Boi's flow has slowed down considerably, I don't know if you are ignoring it or what, but it makes him much less interesting of a rapper than what he used to be.
I like the album overall, but I'm not sure if I like what direction his rapping is going.

Tokubetsu

Think I should bang datpiff over the again?

Kinda itching to go

Go for it. Exposure can only help you right? You're already doing shows and stuff so you have a legit brand the bigger that gets the better so why not?

I'd say give Love King a shot. It's my personal favorite from him with Love vs Money 2nd then 1977 next.

Dude is a really unconventional R&B singer when it comes to songwriting. He isn't a great singer, but he knows how to make catchy shit and it's fantastic producer too which helps a lot. He just knows how to make really memorable songs.

This. I wasn't really sold on The-Dream either and then a friend told me to give Love King a shot and I've been a fan since.

http://youtu.be/wn3iN4GWMRs

http://youtu.be/nLIVoweDjJ0

Macca

Daaaamn that 1Train. That's a fucking posse cut, damn.

KRIT went in, Bronson went in, Danny went in, Yela went in. Goood damn. Surprised how good Yela sounded over that beat.

Also, Radioactive nearly gold? The fuck?

HiiiLife

i don't think there is an r&b thread. i kinda wish there was.

despite his obvious vocal limitations The-Dream is one of the best out in r&b. his pen and production skills are unmatched as far as relevant r&b artists go. he's got huuuuuuge hits under his belt.

big fan of The-Dream.

I'd say give Love King a shot. It's my personal favorite from him with Love vs Money 2nd then 1977 next.

Dude is a really unconventional R&B singer when it comes to songwriting. He isn't a great singer, but he knows how to make catchy shit and it's fantastic producer too which helps a lot. He just knows how to make really memorable songs.

This. I wasn't really sold on The-Dream either and then a friend told me to give Love King a shot and I've been a fan since.

http://youtu.be/wn3iN4GWMRs

http://youtu.be/nLIVoweDjJ0

Appreciate it y'all. I'll be sure to give Love King a spin after this ASAP album.

Low on R&B so I'm trying to find more artists. I'll give Elijah Blake a listen as well after I'm done.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Daaaamn that 1Train. That's a fucking posse cut, damn.

KRIT went in, Bronson went in, Danny went in, Yela went in. Goood damn. Surprised how good Yela sounded over that beat.

Also, Radioactive nearly gold? The fuck?
The fuck?

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
I'm not a fan of when artist's sample themselves, I do like In the A though, don't get me wrong.
And Big Boi's flow has slowed down considerably, I don't know if you are ignoring it or what, but it makes him much less interesting of a rapper than what he used to be.
I like the album overall, but I'm not sure if I like what direction his rapping is going.
Ignoring what? The fact that beats are slowing down over all?

He is riding the beat

Go for it. Exposure can only help you right? You're already doing shows and stuff so you have a legit brand the bigger that gets the better so why not?

Been only a week but ready to crank out another one! So Macca get that album cover ready

Also what should my next nond datpiff mix be?

Blackace

Radioactive according to wikipedia:

As of September 2012, the album has sold approximately 621,030 copies in the US.

And Ace, will do it tonight. Also caddies4.
Thanks!

You want that Caddies4?

Ok!

Other requests?

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
WTF is up with Yela? He has potential, backing and all the opportunities in the world. How is he this shit?

To me its mic control/presence. He can have all the backing and money in the world but if you can't command the mic like say a Biggie you will never get anywhere.

He just raps really fast and is white. I've listened to a few of his songs but nothing he does sticks out despite the massive funding coming from Lil Jon and elsewhere.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
To me its mic control/presence. He can have all the backing and money in the world but if you can't command the mic like say a Biggie you will never get anywhere.

He just raps really fast and is white. I've listened to a few of his songs but nothing he does sticks out despite the massive funding coming from Lil Jon and elsewhere.
I think this is part of it. I mean dude has some slick rhymes but has difficulty presenting them, sometimes it just comes out as a mush without any inflections.

I remember Luda talking about doing something where his raps to accentuate the lines more so everybody could hear the power in them, and also because his grandma or something told him to slow down lol

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper

Basically, lack of charisma. It's like, what the fuck are you saying bro? Who are you?

Macca

Biggie was one of the best to ever do it. And if you can't control a mic like him you won't get anywhere? I think his mic presence is fine, it's just recently he's switched up his flow, putting more pauses and shit in. Plus his beat selection has gone to shit.

Also, first I heard of him being funded by Lil Jon...

Macca

Basically, lack of charisma. It's like, what the fuck are you saying bro? Who are you?
He had this on 0-60. Totally seems like he's lost who he is recently. That shit was just trunk bangers. Now he's like doing punk shit with travis barker, for the ladies songs on Radioactive and doing that EP with Ed Sheeran or whatever. Just seems like he's throwing shit at the wall and seeing what sticks.

No offense but could a fan tell me the appeal behind The Dream?

I'm not digging dude at all but people are recommending his mixtape. Better yet, if I could find the thread where people discuss R&B I wouldn't asking them.

the last couple seconds of Fancy when the beat comes in is some of the best music ever

WanderingWind

He had this on 0-60. Totally seems like he's lost who he is recently. That shit was just trunk bangers. Now he's like doing punk shit with travis barker, for the ladies songs on Radioactive and doing that EP with Ed Sheeran or whatever. Just seems like he's throwing shit at the wall and seeing what sticks.

For sure. I get wanting to not be white trash. But you are what you are. Accept it and stop trying to be a ladies man and shit. You look like a reheated meth head with a cousin who needed practice tattoo'ing chumps before opening his shop next to the Piggly Wiggly. Fucking work with it, not against it.

DominoKid

the last couple seconds of Fancy when the beat comes in is some of the best music ever

that whole song is fucking masterful. such a slow build for that EPIC payoff.
i liked Love/Hate but Love vs Money is what sold me on him.

For sure. I get wanting to not be white trash. But you are what you are. Accept it and stop trying to be a ladies man and shit. You look like a reheated meth head with a cousin who needed practice tattoo'ing chumps before opening his shop next to the Piggly Wiggly. Fucking work with it, not against it.

bwahahahaha.

gaf.....1 train is FUCKING AMAZING....takes me back. Back when a bunch of dope emcees would just get on a track and spit bars...No chorus. just a dope beat and bars. SO GOOD

that whole song is fucking masterful. such a slow build for that EPIC payoff.
i liked Love/Hate but Love vs Money is what sold me on him.

Amen. Really is one of my favorite albums ever. I liked Love King a bunch too.

Anybody know how the new one is? Haven't been keeping up

cdyhybrid

No offense but could a fan tell me the appeal behind The Dream?

I'm not digging dude at all but people are recommending his mixtape. Better yet, if I could find the thread where people discuss R&B I wouldn't asking them.

He makes catchy songs that get the ladies moving.

siddx

Magnificent Eager Mighty Brilliantly Erect Registereduser
Yela has several things working against him to insure large portions of hhgaf will always hate him. He is white, he is southern, he is associated with eminem, and he abandoned the sound that made people a fan in the first place.

Regardless, trunk muzik 0-60 is still one of the best mix tapes in years.

WanderingWind

Yela has several things working against him to insure large portions of hhgaf will always hate him. He is white, he is southern, he is associated with eminem, and he abandoned the sound that made people a fan in the first place.

I, for one, hate white people.

WHITTEEEEYYYYYYYYY!!!!

Trunk Muzik is still my shit, but yeah that 1train verse was just the last straw for me. Unless it gets huge praise here, I won't be checking it out.
Gunplay mixtape Cops N Robbers - Jan 8.

wonder if it'll be original shit this time.

kind of got lost in the midst of things, but I hope so

DominoKid

Amen. Really is one of my favorite albums ever. I liked Love King a bunch too.

Anybody know how the new one is? Haven't been keeping up

1977 was kinda off. I think he was trying something different there and trying to put one of his artists on.

still had some good songs though.
Ghetto - outro became Beyonce's Dance For You which really threw me off first time i heard it
This Shit Real Nigga & Form of Flattery (cant find good links for some reason)

still waiting for Love IV.

cacophony

Ghetto Symphony is one of the best beats I've heard this year, Rocky crazy not putting this on the album

the bonus shit is better than the damn album

1977 was kinda off. I think he was trying something different there and trying to put one of his artists on.

Ghetto - outro became Beyonce's Dance For You which really threw me off first time i heard it

fuck really? How did I never notice that? That beat is hot as hell too. I agree about him putting artist on but overall i thought it was still decent. It was just a mixtape I felt like he was releasing for people who were waiting for his album.

Cudder

I think Country Cousins is going to be Yelas last straw for a lot of people here, if people haven't totally turned on him already. I hope we get an album full of 1Train verses from Krit. That would be so dope.

Tokubetsu

fuck really? How did I never notice that? That beat is hot as hell too. I agree about him putting artist on but overall i thought it was still decent. It was just a mixtape I felt like he was releasing for people who were waiting for his album.

It was also fairly personal compared to his other stuff. Airing all his shit with Christina Milian.

DominoKid

I think Country Cousins is going to be Yelas last straw for a lot of people here, if people haven't totally turned on him already. I hope we get an album full of 1Train verses from Krit. That would be so dope.

yeah he should spit hard like that more often instead of that po' country boy blues rut he gets stuck in sometimes. really impressed.

i heard it driving back from school one day and im thinking "hooray new beyonce *eyeroll*...okay well the dream produced this....and wrote this...why do i feel like i know the words already...waitaminute this is his song!!!"

Wait... I didn't realize this new album was just the free tape from a little while back (I haven't been keeping up). Yeah, I never really returned to that. Damn, that's a shame. I thought this new album was actually new stuff.

Blackace

Wait there's a caddies4? I don't have that...
Coming soon!

Fuck that I love me some Bubba!

Also to weigh in on Dream

Dude is so talented the amount of hits he had written is nuts!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom