• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-HOP OT6(66) Wu-Tang is for Asians and Weeaboos

Status
Not open for further replies.

mooooose

I'm on vacation and my headphones broke so until I get home on Friday and get new headphones I'm not listening to LiveLoveASAP but I listened to Wild For The Night... HOLY FUCK. THIS IS MY NEW JAM.

His sales are dead tho.

But Christmas just came so early for me. I am so fucking happy.

kamspy

Rocky came correct as hell.

Yelawolf is dead though forreal.

Action Bronson dropped a Kenny Lofton reference. All I need.

Hey, check out all the new cool sounds on this keyboard.

/bigboicreativeprocess

Yeah, it sounds terrible. There's other shit like "well this song uses an apple metaphor so there's a stock apple eating sound at the beginning!" that drives me up the wall.

Also, I've been listening to hip-hop and R&B for years, but this is the first album - ever - to make me reel at sex references. There's just something gross-sounding about all of his GETTIN' PUSSY raps on this album. It all sounds really stupid.

Yeah, it sounds terrible. There's other shit like "well this song uses an apple metaphor so there's a stock apple eating sound at the beginning!" that drives me up the wall.

Also, I've been listening to hip-hop and R&B for years, but this is the first album - ever - to make me reel at sex references. There's just something gross-sounding about all of his GETTIN' PUSSY raps on this album. It all sounds really stupid.

Hey, check out all the new cool sounds on this keyboard.

/bigboicreativeprocess

LET ME SEE YOUR TITAYYYYYSSS

I like it

I don't hate it.

There are just spots where the raps get soo repetitive and lazy. He bites himself on half the album.

Yea I see that for sure, like sampling himself for "In the A," plus he doesn't have that fire he used to have. I noticed it a little on Sir Lucious, but it's way more noticeable on this one. He went solo and dumbed himself down since he had no 3K for competition.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
Bought the new Big Boi album since it was a fiver on Amazon.

Uh... how does someone go from Sir Luscious Leftfoot to this? Yikes.
Big Boi's new shit is dope

Maybe Leftfoot is better but his new joint is super good

Blackace

Yea I see that for sure, like sampling himself for "In the A," plus he doesn't have that fire he used to have. I noticed it a little on Sir Lucious, but it's way more noticeable on this one. He went solo and dumbed himself down since he had no 3K for competition.
In the A is a great use of sampling yourself

He dumbed himself down?

Don't see it

cryptic

I need to hear some good ASAP rocky songs.

I listened to just two songs off the album guy seems like lyrical trash and flow is some bubblegum shit are people just that starved?

ecurbj

Chief Keef album was, meh. The production, beat wise was nice but some of the stuff Chief Keef was saying didn't make any since. Especially that last track on the Deluxe Edition. I like the original "I Don't Like" but prefer Kanye's remix of the song better. But this was mediocre at its best.

T.I.'s new album wasn't bad at all. Nice production. It's not like his earlier offerings but its certainly a step up from that previous album Paper Trails.

Now just looking forward to A$AP Rocky's album.

In the A is a great use of sampling yourself

He dumbed himself down?

Don't see it
I don't think he's dumbed himself down either (credibility: OutKast listener since 94)

If anything, he's went out of his comfort zone in an attempt to be more appealing, and it has worked beautifully.

He's branching out, has a second (third) solo album with one of the most eclectic guest lists hip hop will see for a while...

Big has clearly risen from "being in Dre's shadow," and become more accessible without compromising the integrity of his music. That's a rare feat.

Blackace

I don't think he's dumbed himself down either (credibility: OutKast listener since 94)

If anything, he's went out of his comfort zone in an attempt to be more appealing, and it has worked beautifully.

He's branching out, has a second (third) solo album with one of the most eclectic guest lists hip hop will see for a while...

Big has clearly risen from "being in Dre's shadow," and become more accessible without compromising the integrity of his music. That's a rare feat.

Also Dre nor Big Boi have ever released the same sound two times in a row

From Rockys facebook

598603_380933215329397_718865259_n.jpg

Lol

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Does Give Me My Flowers While I Can Still Smell Them count as a 2012 release? It was released at the end of last year, but not officially, and not with the updated tracklist.

EDIT: And would TNGHT count for hip-hop or no?

Blackace

actually that's the opposite of what he does going off that Complex article explaining why he didn't shoot the Hate Being Sober video.
Someone paying for them and Hate Being Sober Would have been a great video to have

DominoKid

i love reading OT-side rap threads.

Someone paying for them and Hate Being Sober Would have been a great video to have

i agree it would've been cool. but when you can film a video in your grandma's living room and get 20 million views and airplay on everything it shows how useless big budget videos are.

The kids got that Finally Rich for Christmas.
tumblr_mf94m8Rvdy1qhag6yo1_500.jpg

the kids don't stand a chance lmao.

Blackace

Think I should bang datpiff over the again?

Kinda itching to go

iavi

Community graveyard is called that for a reason.

People don't even know this shit exists.

Nah, it was like this when we were still in the OT. I agree more with WW, in that I think a lot of posters find gaf-hop an especially hard circle to break into. It's like the wild west in here at times.

Also, Ace, can I have my name back now?

Fjordson

Does Give Me My Flowers While I Can Still Smell Them count as a 2012 release? It was released at the end of last year, but not officially, and not with the updated tracklist.
Wondering this also. Went ahead and put it on my overall 2012 list without thinking :lol

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
A$AP leaked a full month in advance? That ain't good. Gives a long time for that to get around. A week isn't THAT bad, but a full month? Then again, given all the label experimentation lately, this may be intentional. Atleast I hope so.

I am feeling the T.I.. big time, it isn't TI vs TIP, but it is good. Not feeling Big Boi though. It seems like something I can appreciate but not really enjoy, if that makes any sense. It is just too different for me. Almost like he was going after the "alternative" crowd. Either way, it wasn't made for me. I am only feeling like 3 songs on the album. I will give it some more listens to see.

HiiiLife

No offense but could a fan tell me the appeal behind The Dream?

I'm not digging dude at all but people are recommending his mixtape. Better yet, if I could find the thread where people discuss R&B I wouldn't asking them.

DominoKid

I'm not digging dude at all but people sre recommending his mixtape. Better yet, if I could find the thread where people discuss R&B I wouldn't asking them.

i don't think there is an r&b thread. i kinda wish there was.

despite his obvious vocal limitations The-Dream is one of the best out in r&b. his pen and production skills are unmatched as far as relevant r&b artists go. he's got huuuuuuge hits under his belt.

big fan of The-Dream.

I'm not digging dude at all but people sre recommending his mixtape. Better yet, if I could find the thread where people discuss R&B I wouldn't asking them.
I'd say give Love King a shot. It's my personal favorite from him with Love vs Money 2nd then 1977 next.

Dude is a really unconventional R&B singer when it comes to songwriting. He isn't a great singer, but he knows how to make catchy shit and it's fantastic producer too which helps a lot. He just knows how to make really memorable songs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom