• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-HOP OT6(66) Wu-Tang is for Asians and Weeaboos

Status
Not open for further replies.

overcast

The first 3 tracks are perfect... then the next 3 are a little weak, but then Fuckin Problems - Wild for the Night - 1Train - rest of the album = my shiiiiit!!!! Can't believe how much I dig the Skrillex track, hate that style with a passion generally. And 1Train is god tier. And I love how it mellows out in the last few songs. Job well done Rocky.
Disagree on that part. The first 6 tracks range from awesome to decent, then Wild for the Night and Fuckin Problems are bad. Kendrick is bad on Problems, seriously.

I agree Spin, 1Track is going to be a top track for 2013 I think.

HiResDes

The first 3 tracks are perfect... then the next 3 are a little weak, but then Fuckin Problems - Wild for the Night - 1Train - rest of the album = my shiiiiit!!!! Can't believe how much I dig the Skrillex track, hate that style with a passion generally. And 1Train is god tier. And I love how it mellows out in the last few songs. Job well done Rocky.

If you like that Skrillex track you like shitty dubstep, like god-awful dubstep. Shit is bad even for Skrillex and Fucking Problems is so so mediocre.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
This could be it. I posted it in PopGAF earlier, but the DJ tonight did play Ke$ha's Die Young and dedicated it to the Connecticut shooting victims.

Not only is he a crappy DJ but also just a plain horrible individual

royalan

The crowd was bopping until he said that. Then there were some boos and bitter words shouted. Then he played "How Many Licks" and the crowd forgot about it. :(

Nibel

good kid, m.A.A.d. city is officially GOLD

iSDQzOvsCdTCE.png

If you like that Skrillex track you like shitty dubstep, like god-awful dubstep. Shit is bad even for Skrillex and Fucking Problems is so so mediocre.

I still like Kendrick's verse on Fuckin Problems. And I like 1train but my song of the year is still New God Flow or Hip Hop. Or maybe m.A.A.d city or Money Trees.

DominoKid

This could be it. I posted it in PopGAF earlier, but the DJ tonight did play Ke$ha's Die Young and dedicated it to the Connecticut shooting victims.

WOW

I hate dubstep but somehow I can tolerate that Skrillex joint. Definitely the worst on the album though.

1Train beat (Hit-Boy) reminds me of some old Kanye shit a little bit. Gorilla Monsoon Rap.

RJT

Love the podcast idea. I've been waiting for a conversation based hip-hop podcast forever (the QN5 podcast is cool, but not so much hip-hop oriented). Do it!

I thought yelawolf was fine on 1train. His flow is definitely lacking these days though. Compare trunk muzik and those big krit songs to now and you'll notice a huge difference and it's not just the beats he's rapping on. He better go back to his old flow or I'm done.

Honestly Kendrick had the worst verse in the track. He sucks ass on fuckin problems too. Rockys just not a good fit for him. But Q on the other hand.....omg. Renegades rocky on pmw. A mix tape with these two needs to happen.

There are some damn good songs on this album but they don't compare to the highs of liveloveasap. Pmw and Jodye would fit tho.

Tokubetsu

I like every verse on 1train save Joey Bada$$'s, which is awful. Trying way too hard to sound smart and sounding like a young dumbass in the process. Mini-Lupe Fiasco over here. Someone should have told him to stop it in the studio.

I like every verse on 1train save Joey Bada$$'s, which is awful. Trying way too hard to sound smart and sounding like a young dumbass in the process. Mini-Lupe Fiasco over here. Someone should have told him to stop it in the studio.
Yea thought the exact same and I like joey's flow for the most part

Tokubetsu

Yea thought the exact same and I like joey's flow for the most part

Yeah, I don't have a problem for the most part but he was trying way too hard and on some spiritual magical bullshit for this track. The total opposite of what the track was calling for. A posse cut like this is about letting your nuts hang and talking shit and he's going all weird like someone forgot to pass him the blunt.

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
This album is hot and cold. One track I like the guy, the next I think he's terrible. Overall, a pretty good record, but not sure if he's going to be sticking around on any playlist of mine for long. Digging Goldie, 1 Train and Fashion Killa the most so far.

On the podcast, since it's the end of the year, I think talking about 2012 rap and what we're looking forward to in 2013 would make for a good inagural cast.

Grzi

Yeah, I don't have a problem for the most part but he was trying way too hard and on some spiritual magical bullshit for this track. The total opposite of what the track was calling for. A posse cut like this is about letting your nuts hang and talking shit and he's going all weird like someone forgot to pass him the blunt.

He's always like that. Same thing in the BET cypher. Dude was going on about some shit how everyone can shine and think positive, son please, I don't wanna hear that shit in a cypher.
He's trying way too hard to be the opposite of a gangster rapper, a smart-ass street prophet kid or some shit.

HiiiLife

Getting deeper in these flows like CONNNNNCHESSS.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Breakfast Club shows Big Sean his placement on softest rappers in the game by Big Ghost. :lol

He's right though, Big Ghost been wild lately. Confirms new ad-libs for the new album, HYPE

i'm different is a perfect example, just a boring track...mind you im driving around not surrounded by ass in a club but honestly any song sounds good in that scenario when you're drunk

also

1) candy shop is/was a garbage track

2) piggybank stays the weakest diss track of the new millennium

3) borderline (pause) wynton marsalis sailor moon wu tang h*mo shit is the label to follow in '13 ya heard, call me and get in on this money train CRS
get da fuck outta here

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
I don't see Joey as being too preachy on 1Train either. He had like, 1 bar that was sorta like that.

KRIT and KDot owned that song though.

overcast

Joey was far from bad when you have Yela on there. Krit>Action>Danny>Kendrick>ASAP>Joey>Yela

I would say the album is about on par with live love. Not as many bangers, but with the deluxe tracks its damn good.

Tokubetsu

Even an A$AP Ferg verse couldn't bring down the greatness that is "Ghetto Symphony." Tied with 1train for best song on the album.

Tokubetsu

Yeah but imagine how much better it would be with his verse edited out.

1. PMW
2. Ghetto Symphony
3. 1Train
3. Jodye

Just give Gunplay more bars, cut out Ferg entirely yep. Coulda made it a third string single too, get some MMG money and Gunplay could get his brand up. Unfortunately the world isn't perfect.

But...Ghetto Symphony vs. Cartoons and Cereal.

Fucking ridiculous how both hype ass Gunplay tracks end up being deluxe edition tracks/album afterthoughts.(and also arguably the best tracks out of both albums)

Am anticipating his next mixtape for sure.

Lol I just remembered. Remember a while back when a few of us (myself included) were comparing ASAP Rocky to Lil B? oh how far the kid has come.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
The Ferg verse wasn't that bad, sheesh. At least it had a decent flow to it. It just doesn't warrant following the Gunplay verse and ending the song.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom