• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-HOP OT6(66) Wu-Tang is for Asians and Weeaboos

Status
Not open for further replies.
No not on Kendrick's, that a laughable opinion even.

No it isn't. Fucking amazing song. I'm in a list mood right now!

Cartoons and Cereal
Maad City (just godly flow here, and the beat switch and MC Eiht's verse)
Bitch Don't Kill My Vibe
Money Trees

Yes, conceptually some are better than others on that album but I stand by this

HiResDes

Sing About Me/Dying of Thirst is the best song, it may not be as bumpable in your whip, but that doesn't mean it's not the best

Esch

Banned
Gafhop podcast #1 looking like Me, Des, Tguy, Blackace, Siddx and WanderingWind. Should be lots of fun.

Anyone willing to do a test run with me so i can check out audio recording/group calls etc?

Soul Temple Records finally sent me the physical copy of The Man with the Iron Fists which should have arrived in November.

But they were nice enough to write me an apology and include the instrumentals.

HiiiLife

Didn't like the Mary J feature when the album released and I don't like it now.

Smh.

I'm warming up to Real though. I just tune out the chorus. Lol.

Y'all are gonna find my voice/accent weird too

ohhhk.png

all the second gen Indians I know don't have accents

MAN!......

New Tang Clan - Asap rocky, kendrick lamar, joeybadass, yelawolf, danny brown, action bronson, big krit, J cole, and Pusha T.

they need to make that happen fo sho.

Gafhop podcast #1 looking like Me, Des, Tguy, Blackace, Siddx and WanderingWind. Should be lots of fun.

Anyone willing to do a test run with me so i can check out audio recording/group calls etc?

YO BREHS....How do I get Up in this PODCAST DOE.....maybe il spit some bars too...

Trey

I don't like Google Music's matching service. I keep uploading gully shit and they replace it with some neutered airplay-friendly crap. I don't want to have the lyrics drop out every third word - I'm uploading explicit for a reason, google.

DominoKid

He's always like that. Same thing in the BET cypher. Dude was going on about some shit how everyone can shine and think positive, son please, I don't wanna hear that shit in a cypher.
He's trying way too hard to be the opposite of a gangster rapper, a smart-ass street prophet kid or some shit.

Yeah, I don't have a problem for the most part but he was trying way too hard and on some spiritual magical bullshit for this track. The total opposite of what the track was calling for. A posse cut like this is about letting your nuts hang and talking shit and he's going all weird like someone forgot to pass him the blunt.

Yea thought the exact same and I like joey's flow for the most part

i'm not a fan, but i can tell he's letting his fanbase (largely trapped in the 90s cats) get the better of him and is catering to what he thinks they want.

i don't think young folks fuck w/ him at all.

Sing About Me/Dying of Thirst is the best song, it may not be as bumpable in your whip, but that doesn't mean it's not the best

Sing yes. Dying i can take or leave.

My friend is trapped in that REAL HIP HOP phase and I'm pretty sure there are more like him. Young people fuck with Joey, not as much, but they are present.

Joey just does one thing: 90s style shit. I'm not knocking the kid, I love his mixtape and my top ten will feature two albums that heavily reach back to early 90s east coast shit (Reloaded, Grief Pedigree). But that's not what sells or fills concerts in 2012/2013. Joey will need to show some artist development before getting signed imo.

If he was smart he'd look at Drake, Kendrick, J Cole, Krit, etc for inspiration on what to do next: a mixtape of nearly entirely new material (ie no more rhyming over Dilla, DITC, etc) that demonstrates his worldview along with solid displays of musical versatility. Any label head could have listened to each of So Far Gone, Overly Dedicated, Warm Up, KRIT Wuz Here etc and recognize the ability to do commercial shit alongside the more "undergroundy" stuff. Those mixtapes were like the musical equivalent of an RB sending a football scout video of him demonstrating he can catch as well as run.

TLDR: I'm not sure Joey can do that. Plus if we're gonna be really real...dude is an unattractive (by mainstream standards at least) grimy NY ninja.

OMG I can't with this ASAP Eli Porter at the end of Ghetto Symphony.

This beat is so dope and Gunplay just murks it. It should be a finishing verse, not ASAP Flunkie.

The Ferg verse wasn't that bad, sheesh. At least it had a decent flow to it. It just doesn't warrant following the Gunplay verse and ending the song.

SINCE ROCKI RHYMIN LEIK ANDRE I'M GONNU RHYMN LEIK BIG BOI

This was ferg after recording his verse while everyone stared at him quietly
10998_o.gif

Okay I like everyone's verse on 1Train actually. The beat is just carrying them. Even Joey Badass'. The lyrics are wack in his verse and don't fit the track but he flows with it.

Grzi

The Ferg verse wasn't that bad, sheesh. At least it had a decent flow to it. It just doesn't warrant following the Gunplay verse and ending the song.

It's awful.
The first bar was enough to make me want to punch the dude.
You ain't killin' shit son, c'mon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom