• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-HOP OT6(66) Wu-Tang is for Asians and Weeaboos

Status
Not open for further replies.

thabiz

369769727-1.jpg

Analog | Division - invenire​|​LUX​|​vestra.

Madlib track is sick.

//B1G

Banned
Well thats what happens when you've only ever made one good song in your entire career.
That's what's happens when all the bandwagonners move onto the new thing. That's all OF was, a hypetrain of "look at us we have naughty lyrics!" for the people that let the radio define their tastes for them.

Tyler just hasn't released anything for a long time. While most rappers are releasing songs and creating buzz hes touring and doing fun shit. He hasn't even released a single yet.

DominoKid

Tyler has vanished from relevancy it seems.

between the show and the clothes, he doesn't need music.

by the way i finally saw some of his clothes in person at a Zumiez (sick store btw)...idk how anybody could wear that shit w/ a straight face and think it looks good.

mooooose

Also Rella had 22 million views this year, and Oldie (which was just a recorded cypher) had 10 million... and neither was pushed as hard as Tyler will be.

Tyler has CRAZY connections in high places.

Frank Ocean did amazing this year. He is still in OF.

I don't even like OF but their power is undeniable.

DominoKid

i couldnt get over how ugly they were to even look at the price.

same w/ Trukfit. but i always see people in my hometown rocking Trukfit even though there's only 1 store that sells it. it's way more popular than i expected.
when wayne puts a women's line out he's gonna cake even more cause the women just wear the guys shit right now.

Detox

30-40 for a t shirt, like 80-100 for a hoodie. Most of them are ugly and terrible quality though.
Hm not as much as I thought. Though they did have that pop up shop in London when they came over and the prices were on the level of fashion houses like Armani, people still snapped them up crazy; that middle class white kids fanbase will buy anything.

CRS

Well I had no clue his clothing was that successful. Just meant as a rapper, a whole year with no music.
Outside of the fanboys, I don't see anyone complaining about this. And if it's going to be just a rehash, production wise, of Bastard and Goblin, he can keep it unreleased.

mooooose

Pharrell said it was really good and I really liked "Hey You" which was the only thing he leaked from Wolf... and I didn't like Goblin at all.

Jitters

Thats another weird thing about hip-hop. Why are they expected to release stuff so frequently? I mean look at E-40, he releases too much stuff.

Novid

Banned
Jerk reaction is no. As a teacher, that kind of shit makes me feel a little sick just thinking about it... but in the moment, if this ridiculously hot girl who looks like she's 25 was offering no strings never talk again sex, I know I'd have more trouble turning it down. I'd like to believe on principle I would, but men are stupid creatures driven by whatever their dick tells them will benefit them.

i understand that. however i cant trust most females - when they shorties they want what maccas can give them now. They somewhat look older and play that game well. As they get older they go back to what worked before but it makes them look sad in the end. even the jesus people fall to that trap - thats why i dont even go near the chittlin groupies.

Esch

Banned
Thats another weird thing about hip-hop. Why are they expected to release stuff so frequently? I mean look at E-40, he releases too much stuff.

i dont think expecting someone to give us some shit once a year is too much. Do you take a year off work? Rappers shouldn't (and can't).

PBY

Banned
i dont think expecting someone to give us some shit once a year is too much. Do you take a year off work? Rappers shouldn't (and can't).
Yeah. Once you are at that status, it's so easy to get beats you can shit out a half decent mixtape in a few weeks.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
Happy new years my people! Just getting back from putting in work

CRS

Tyler is an exception where he actually built a mini empire and doesn't need the music industry as much as others anymore.

Esch

Banned
ehh, except that he has the appeal and know how to expand it more, if only he wasnt so silly aout some things like his production etc

K.Jack

Knowledge is power, guard it well
This illmatic talk got me thinking about something. I've owned several copies of illmatic throughout the years. On tape, CD, digital. I've spent money to own the same album multiple times, so does that give me the right to download it for free now? Or is that still morally unjustifiable? I find it comes up often for me since a lot of the CD's and cassettes I owned over the years are no longer with me, either stolen, broken, or just lost through time. There are albums like doggystyle and the chronic that I've purchased so many times I've lost count.

If I've bought an album on tape and CD, they got enough dough from me already. That's all I'm saying.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom