• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-HOP OT6(66) Wu-Tang is for Asians and Weeaboos

Status
Not open for further replies.

SoilBreak

Banned
New Jet City is pretty much awesome.

Three 60 and Choosin

ibwNijzKUgTpID.gif

In terms of impact, yeah Ether was the better song.

But as just a song? Takeover was much better. Ether just seems kinda corny outta the context of the beef. Childish insults and shit.

Whereas Takeover, the beat was hard, and Jay wrote some decent lyrics.

I preferred Takeover.

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
I wanna hear rappers dropping some NBA Street Vol 2-age player references. Let's give Pistol Pete and Stretch some love.

Novid

Banned
Hate Macklemore all you want, I won't blame you one bit, dude is corny and boring most of the time. But he has a handful of great songs. And thrift shop is one of them.

nothing against mackmore, but his fans are like the damn brony culture going around man.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
i imagine that's how most folks our age learned of them

the nba does a godawful job of promoting their history. i really wish the nba had nfl films style archiving to pull from.

They don't want people to see the coke era

PBY

Banned
i imagine that's how most folks our age learned of them

the nba does a godawful job of promoting their history. i really wish the nba had nfl films style archiving to pull from.

I hate bill simmons, but i read his damn book. Thats pretty much how I learned

WanderingWind

No one wanted to be Bill Walton also but he was known as a legend

Like I said, I knew he was a legendary player. But NBA Street did a hell of a job drumming up more interest in the NBA's past than a dozen shitty ESPN retrospectives. Kids generally care about the new jack any ways, leading back to the reason why Lebron is getting shouted out every 5 bars.

DominoKid

you work out at 10:27?
i'm also putting my workout off until the mixtape drops lol

DuFlockaRant 2 alt cover

in other news, Uncle Luke drops his opinion on Rick Ross' situation

Dear Rick Ross:

As someone who survived several rap beefs, I'm going to give you some advice. You need to seriously address the threats and attempts on your life. You have worked hard to become a big name in hip-hop. You've paid your dues and you've grown lyrically since the release of your debut album, Port of Miami, in 2006. You've arrived, buddy.

But all this gangster bullshit is jeopardizing your career. No club or arena is going to risk people getting shot. You can forget about doing any tours or CD signings. And if you can't make money, watch how fast Warner Bros. Records turns on you. I know from experience.

You have the Gangster Disciples breathing down your neck because you've named-dropped Larry Hoover, the gang's founder, in your music. Unlike the record and book publishing industries, these bad dudes don't understand the concept of public domain. They see you getting rich forever by rapping about their leader, and they don't like it. That's why they're on YouTube talking about how you need to go see them and cut a check.

It's a shame you can't enjoy life without spending part of your earnings on heavy security or risking your freedom by purchasing an arsenal. Remember, that's what landed T.I. and Lil Wayne in prison. You don't want that to happen to you. However, those are the consequences of rapping about being something you're not.

Hip-hop has a rich history of college guys who never committed a crime rapping about moving kilos of cocaine and taking out snitches. Every gangster rapper takes on the role of a real hood legend to build up street cred. But don't fall into the trap of believing you are really a gangster.

Trust me, you don't want to go out like Biggie Smalls or Tupac. It's time you squash your beefs.

luke.jpg

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
Has to more than the Larry Hoover name drop or the star he put on the mixtape.. has to be

coldvein

Banned
I know. It just seems weird to me that like Jay-Z for example NEEDS to drop his name. Jay-Z is a grown ass rich man. Yeah, I know they're friends.

i feel you. especially from a dude like jay z. if you're the king of your own game you dont need to name drop shit.

WanderingWind

Because of y'all, I'm going to give Rittz another chance. Is there a non-DJ tagged version of White Jesus kicking around anywhere?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom