• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-HOP OT6(66) Wu-Tang is for Asians and Weeaboos

Status
Not open for further replies.

Detox

I haven't been but I've watched videos of Jeezy live and when the audience is there for him, not like some festival shit then he is so live. It's just like I imagined everyone knows the words and Jeezy is like the pastor at church. I have to see go next time he is in London, anyone here seen Jeezy live?

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
So, I'm listening to No Love Lost. Not all the way through it yet but I'm getting mixed feelings about it already.

Aside from that, Last Day came out of nowhere. This song goes hard as fuck. Buddens putting other rappers who make these kind of songs to shame, but on top of that, I didn't expect Lloyd Banks to spaz out like he did either.

And this is what gives me mixed feelings, this is the best song on the album thus far and it's completely deviant of what Joe is known for and known for doing best. And not what I want from him, but it works.

I think the new wave of rappers needs to smarten up and do something new with the touring. For example, I'd love to see ASAP tour with Skrillex just to switch it up.
A$AP rolling with Kanye's crew and having a "be different" mentality is exactly why I expect him to blow up, stay more relevant than his contemporaries, and be the most likely to push boundaries in terms of all aspects of his musical career, including touring.

hubes

5fcciOR.jpg

cant wait bruhs. hoping at least one of black hippy joins him

Kendrick doesn't have the voice or stage presence to be truly hype live, IMO. Same with a lot of rappers these days: short ninjas with low voices. Whereas the 80s and 90s were full of rappers with preacher voices and true stage presence. Go watch 2pac's HOB performance, shit is crazy.

Also crowd's seem to respond better to legends, and I'm not sure this generation of rappers has any; Drake probably comes the closest. Wayne is a legend in people's eyes and makes hype music, they go crazy live for it. Whereas most new rappers today have marketed themselves as fans/nerds/losers/etc who became rappers. Nobody looks at J Cole like they do Kanye, or Krit like they do TI. I've heard Krit is great live which makes sense tho: he has the voice and the music.

HiResDes

Kendrick doesn't have the voice or stage presence to be truly hype live, IMO. Same with a lot of rappers these days: short ninjas with low voices. Whereas the 80s and 90s were full of rappers with preacher voices and true stage presence. Go watch 2pac's HOB performance, shit is crazy.

Also crowd's seem to respond better to legends, and I'm not sure this generation of rappers has any; Drake probably comes the closest. Wayne is a legend in people's eyes and makes hype music, they go crazy live for it. Whereas most new rappers today have marketed themselves as fans/nerds/losers/etc who became rappers. Nobody looks at J Cole like they do Kanye, or Krit like they do TI. I've heard Krit is great live which makes sense tho: he has the voice and the music.
Kendrick, KRIT, Danny Brown, and yes I must admit Yelawolf are amazing live.

hubes

i saw krit open for jcole last year and krit killed it. much better than cole who was still pretty good.

Esch

Banned
kendrick not being good live is an absolute gaf hop fabrication. pretty much slays it in every vid ive seen and ive never met anyone disappointed with his live shows. cant wait to see dude in the next couple years

HiResDes

This is going way too unnoticed. Holy fuck this is a crazy sound. It's so different yet so obviously AraabMUZIK. He has such a good sound. Him and Clams are two producers I have no idea why everyone is not jumping on to work with. They kill it every fucking time.

This is insane.

That is pretty awesome. Clam's is good, but he's the worst producer on Tri-Angle records.

kendrick not being good live is an absolute gaf hop fabrication. pretty much slays it in every vid ive seen and ive never met anyone disappointed with his live shows. cant wait to see dude in the next couple years
I don't think anyone is saying he isn't enjoyable to see live. I feel like that is what a lot of yall are reading despite us not saying that

CRS

Kendrick does not perform that great when he's not performing at his own concert. Some (most) of his late night show performances lack all of the energy from the live videos that's been posted. He doesn't have the stage presence that can get any crowd hyped up.

Kendrick's great live. Only gripe I have is how many lyrics he skips out on. Not sure if its breathing problems or something but it can get annoying

CRS

HiResDes

If you've ever heard the Heart Pt. 2 you understand just how far Kendrick pushes himself in terms of breathe control even in a studio setting...So I'd understand him missing a few rhymes here and there live.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Kendrick's great live. Only gripe I have is how many lyrics he skips out on. Not sure if its breathing problems or something but it can get annoying
I've noticed this in his performances too, kinda irks me when watching it. Expects the crowd to fill in for like half of his lyrics instead of just like key lines here and there.

overcast

Way too early to tell if Kendrick is a "legend" or not. And that word shouldn't be thrown around Drake right now either. They are both just starting basically. As the artist grows I'm sure they will learn more about how to perform live. I want to see Kendrick live so badly.

(Keep in mind I have never been to a rap concert).

codhand

I've heard Krit is great live which makes sense tho: he has the voice and the music.

Love Krit, but he is not great live imo, he is milquetoast live.

said it before but will repeat that schoolboy opened for krit, and with a fifth of the crowd Q had the audience way more hyped than when krit made his entrance.

plus give me ghostface, talking about water for five minutes, or just waxing poetic with no beat, over this verse-chorus-verse-chorus, and im out, bs.

i saw krit open for jcole last year and krit killed it. much better than cole who was still pretty good.

i believe it, but not the night i saw

mooooose

I saw Q at Roseland for the ASAP tour and he was horrible. I blame the crowd not caring but dude legit flopped. I was the only person who cared. And Danny Brown was playing before half the crowd walked in. And then halfway through ASAP's set they did a bunch of horrible Mob songs and killed all his momentum.

That was a shitty concert that didn't have to be shitty.

Best part was Bath Salts. My favorite part was when ASAP Ant came on and legit everyone stopped vibing and then his verse came to an end and Meech sang the chorus and the whole place went live again. It was hilarious.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Casey Veggies is the softest rapper name ever. I won't even give dude a shot because he thought that was a good name to roll with alone.

caesar

Banned
Way too early to tell if Kendrick is a "legend" or not. And that word shouldn't be thrown around Drake right now either. They are both just starting basically. As the artist grows I'm sure they will learn more about how to perform live. I want to see Kendrick live so badly.

(Keep in mind I have never been to a rap concert).

Why not, you live in the sticks?

Casey Veggies is the softest rapper name ever. I won't even give dude a shot because he thought that was a good name to roll with alone.
I like his song Riding round Town and the Remix featuring Kendrick and some other people.
Forgot who else at the moment.
Haven't really given any Caseys stuff a full listen
He also had some good features on some of the Odd future stuff

KRIT's concert in Toronto a couple months back was so live.

4eVaNaDay theme was so hype.

I saw Big Sean too a couple months ago, he was kind of drunk but he was still ight. Kinda did some weird things like taking off his shirt and touching himself and shit..

yea

ninja scrawny af

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
Macklemore has some stupid songs, but that album has a few pretty decent pop-rap-ish tracks too.

Rittz still bores me though guys. I'm just not as impressed at somebody rapping as fast as they can about bullshit as I used to be. I'm going to try listening to WJ again on the way home, traffic was especially heinous today so I may have just been pissy.

Eighty4 Fly is still fucking great.

T Dollarz

KRIT's concert in Toronto a couple months back was so live.

4eVaNaDay theme was so hype.

I saw Big Sean too a couple months ago, he was kind of drunk but he was still ight. Kinda did some weird things like taking off his shirt and touching himself and shit..

yea

ninja scrawny af

LMAO that's too funny about Medium Sean

Esch

Banned
rittz is dope at his best; high five, white jesus etc but im just not particularly interested in him as a person.

CRS

rittz is dope at his best; high five, white jesus etc but im just not particularly interested in him as a person.

I don't think I could take an entire album of him. More features of him would be a great and a song or two is fine, but I would most likely get bored eventually.

Yela's addition to the hook is great on White Jesus and gives me hope for Country Cousins.

Edit: Sleep at Night was great too.

T Dollarz

Really guys? I just listened to White Jesus: Revival again yesterday, thought it was fucking great. Even at 17 tracks, it didn't feel tired to me by the end. Very enjoyable album.

I saw Q at Roseland for the ASAP tour and he was horrible. I blame the crowd not caring but dude legit flopped. I was the only person who cared. And Danny Brown was playing before half the crowd walked in. And then halfway through ASAP's set they did a bunch of horrible Mob songs and killed all his momentum.

That was a shitty concert that didn't have to be shitty.

Best part was Bath Salts. My favorite part was when ASAP Ant came on and legit everyone stopped vibing and then his verse came to an end and Meech sang the chorus and the whole place went live again. It was hilarious.
Same thing that happened to you with Danny Brown happened to me, beyond pissed that I missed him because of that.

Esch

Banned
rittz could make a good album, he just needs to take wanderingwinds advice and slow shit down or vary it up. speed rap is best in small portions. aint nobody tryna hear a full album of guitar solos if you catch my drift

T Dollarz

rittz could make a good album, he just needs to take wanderingwinds advice and slow shit down or vary it up. speed rap is best in small portions. aint nobody tryna hear a full album of guitar solos if you catch my drift

I was really digging those guitar solos on my listen yesterday tho lol

Get this all the time. I live in between LA and SD, so I should get on that as soon as possible. Going to try going to Paid Dues to see Black Hippy.
You should check out the Observatory in Santa Ana. The venue is kinda small and they have a lot of great hip-hop shows every now and then. Just this month Gucci Mane, People Under The Stairs and Del are coming through and Method Man will be there next month.

KRIT was garbage when I saw him open for Cole, but I blame that on the venue and 95% of the audience not knowing who he was.
This kinda happened when Kendrick performed at my school. It was before GKMC dropped and Tyga was headlining the show. Dude still put on a great show, but a good portion of the crowd really didn't care about him. I mean, damn, the dude did Rigamortis and the group of girls next to me looked at me funny because I was the only one getting hyped. :(

T Dollarz

Anyone have an alternate link for this video? It says it's not available in my region.

50 Cent Breaks Down "Get Rich Or Die Tryin'" Track By Track

This album is so fucking good man. A true classic, 100%. Love every single song. Cool hearing him go track to track like that.

You should check out the Observatory in Santa Ana. The venue is kinda small and they have a lot of great hip-hop shows every now and then. Just this month Gucci Mane, People Under The Stairs and Del are coming through and Method Man will be there next month.

This kinda happened when Kendrick performed at my school. It was before GKMC dropped and Tyga was headlining the show. Dude still put on a great show, but a good portion of the crowd really didn't care about him. I mean, damn, the dude did Rigamortis and the group of girls next to me looked at me funny because I was the only one getting hyped. :(

Yeah I don't blame KRIT or even Cole for that show being whack, it was the audience and mostly the school that prevented it from being hype.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom