• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-HOP OT6(66) Wu-Tang is for Asians and Weeaboos

Status
Not open for further replies.

CRS

We can't live in a world where we can enjoy both Alchemist and Young Chop beats?

I want to live in that world.

CRS

I don't give a damn what color her hair is...I'm all about dat ass

:mynard:

ilecBVMX9Jhlo.png

Don't get me wrong, I do like his beats and the samples he choose, but sounds like some of his shit lately is like the first 5 seconds of J. Cole - Nobody's Perfect while the rest sounds like it's really good.

Either way, hoping that Bronson tape is hot fire.

IrishNinja

Also, to those hating on blondes, y'all are out of your damn mind.

Proof

aint hatin but you know...the grass is always greener & all that; as a blonde i can tell you that brunette had a better body, for the 20 seconds i made it into that track

also what toku said, its why half of gaf goes nuts over asians cause theyve never been to california or something

CRS

I don't fully agree but I get where Recon is coming from. Depending on where you live, blondes are a dime a dozen man but shit like hair color is irrelevant at the end of the day.
It is irrelevant but blondes can be pretty as fuck like in that video. Though there is something about a curly dark haired/brunette that'll win me every damn time.
aint hatin but you know...the grass is always greener & all that; as a blonde i can tell you that brunette had a better body, for the 20 seconds i made it into that track

also what toku said, its why half of gaf goes nuts over asians cause theyve never been to california or something

20 seconds? Track is hot.

Yeah, Asians are alright.

am I the only one who finds most Alc beats lazy as hell? I mean dude knows how to dig through those crates but looping a sped up sample aint hard

Digging for crates takes work, whats lazy about that? Same could be said about people not looking for drum samples anymore and using the stock ones(And they come with thousands!) on your MPC or Maschine. Some loops are meant to be left alone. A good example is this track right here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BO9Bh6j-vZY

Something that perfect you just leave it alone.

aww man, don't mean to be sharp-knees but asians do almost nothing for me for the most part. A lot of my friends are asian so I'm around a lot of them girls too and they're...alright. Cute but not really my type. Unless they half-blackapino or something. Then daaaaaamn.

1. Harry Fraud
2. Alchemist
3. Mike Will
4. Hit-Boy

Quake1028

Holy shit.....those releases today...I know some aren't hip-hop, but I gots to get to 200 albums!

Green Day - DOS!
Crystal Castles - (III)
Deftones - Koi No Yokan
The Weeknd - Trilogy
Lana Del Rey - Paradise
School of Seven Bells - Put Your Sad Down
9th Wonder & Buckshot - The Solution
Guilty Simpson & Apollo Brown - Dice Game
Roc Marciano - Reloaded

When/where does the Action Bronson come out?

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
It's just a shame Young Buck fell off so hard after Buck The World.

Get Buck >>>

8 ball in my corner pocket, it's on and poppin'
Got the whole club leanin' with it, and body rockin'

Recon

Banned
It's just a shame Young Buck fell off so hard after Buck The World.

Get Buck >>>

Straight Outta Cashville was so damn good. We were eating good in the early 2000's. Weed Carriers were putting out classics, LOX were a thing. I miss those days.

surly

Banned
I received this in the post today :-

5PNso.jpg

Contents: -

kWGp9.jpg

Perspex case that holds the collection: -

I1A7N.jpg

Edge shot: -

HM1Ha.jpg

Certification of authenticity, signed by DJ Shadow (mine is number 248 of 500): -

mUaBm.jpg

Record: -

F6z00.jpg

Some of the CDs: -

HmxOj.jpg

Internal packaging shot: -

3dN3V.jpg

One last shot of the whole package: -

2pZfw.jpg

Recon

Banned
Thats pretty nice. I like the packaging.

Edit:Yo, that new Murs/9th Wonder is great. Fuck, this year has been great for music.

Esch

Banned
Hard to take you serious when you label lazy boring guy as top 5 material. Alchemist stuff sounds good, but it comes off as lazy just good because what he has found lately is different.
that's it, you and cacophony are getting thrown in the bushes at the 2012 gaf hop conference

Esch

Banned
you know what I don't even blame you soulja girls for thinking alc is lazy. I blame kanye for convincing people that beats with 300 different layers on then are good

scust though

PBY

Banned
you know what I don't even blame you soulja girls for thinking alc is lazy. I blame kanye for convincing people that beats with 300 different layers on then are good

scust though

I actually think hes a genius. My personal preference is his shit w/ Evidence

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Alc is a secret top tier producer. When I started paying attention to production credits I realized how many of my favourite beats were Alc-produced. Got It Twisted and Worst Come To Worst namely.

I won't check out anything by the dude without question though. I wonder why a lot of big rappers don't come to him for beats though, dude is very consistent and a vet of the game.

scust though

If that's what helps make you feel better. Also, I'm talking about how he chops up his samples, quite a few of his recent shit don't even have smooth transition and comes off as just ugly. I'm only talking about his efforts this year, it's something I never noticed in the past.

PBY

Banned
If that's what helps make you feel better. Also, I'm talking about how he chops up his samples, quite a few of his recent shit don't even have smooth transition and comes off as just ugly. I'm only talking about his efforts this year, it's something I never noticed in the past.

Power Ballad doe. And he does that on purpose.

Esch

Banned

I think he likes doing that for contrast purposes. I also like it as well, but then again i listen to a lot of grimey basement recorded shit and i dont want all of my music to be sterile and clean cut (atmosphere, etc).

Esch

Banned
Man Waka Flockas views on BBQ and Chips; i can fuck with that

lol at him being creeped out by nard doing that research

I think he likes doing that for contrast purposes. I also like it as well, but then again i listen to a lot of grimey basement recorded shit and i dont want all of my music to be sterile and clean cut (atmosphere, etc).

I like grimey stuff, I just can't get into that though and :scust: at atmosphere.

I'm always surprised at Waka Flocka's taste in music.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom