• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-HOP OT6(66) Wu-Tang is for Asians and Weeaboos

Status
Not open for further replies.

Esch

Banned
Cocaine 80s still gets no love despite giving people a nice variety of instruments, emotional perspectives, and plenty of great songs i see. The Dream stay unappreciated too.

:sadNoID:

Cocaine 80s still gets no love despite giving people a nice variety of instruments, emotional perspectives, and plenty of great songs i see. The Dream stay unappreciated too.

Cocaine 80s was good, just was missing a young jeezy/lil wayne/kidcudi/mrhudson feature and a lil bit of auto tune.

You already know I like The Dream.

Esch

Banned
yeah lol at Frank Ocean being less whiny when like half of his songs are about killing himself, father issues, repressed sexuality, unrequited love, etc. in fact he definitely whines MORE than weeknd, who might overdo the whole drug dependency thing but as far as a balance between whining and fuck yo bitch stuff is definitely more tolerable..

The only thing frank does better than abel is storytelling and overall lyricism, i agree. I used to think he had the edge in sound diversity and catchiness but he threw that in the bushes with channel orange. He's also a worse singer to me as well, struggling at higher ranges.

Drake isnt better than anything.

Jitters

yeah lol at Frank Ocean being less whiny when like half of his songs are about killing himself, father issues, repressed sexuality, unrequited love, etc. in fact he definitely whines MORE than weeknd, who might overdo the whole drug dependency thing but as far as a balance between whining and fuck yo bitch stuff is definitely more tolerable..

The only thing frank does better than abel is storytelling and overall lyricism, i agree. I used to think he had the edge in sound diversity and catchiness but he threw that in the bushes with channel orange.
He doesn't whine about. You forgot to mention that his voice has 1000 times the soul The Weekend has.

"Drake isnt better than anything."
A lot of his stuff is right on par with his.

Esch

Banned
Cocaine 80s was good, just was missing a young jeezy/lil wayne/kidcudi/mrhudson feature and a lil bit of auto tune.

Its basically a jam fuck around project if you really think about it. Like there is no goal or strategy to make Cocaine 80s a commercial force or anything like that, i dont even think the music is solid hard copy. When you take that into account, its definitely stellar.

Cocaine 80s could actually be a good fit with a cudi feature. Also maybe kendrick
He doesn't whine about

lmao please listen to There Will Be Tears and slap yourself

Its basically a jam fuck around project if you really think about it. Like there is no goal or strategy to make Cocaine 80s a commercial force or anything like that, i dont even think the music is solid hard copy. When you take that into account, its definitely stellar.

Cocaine 80s could actually be a good fit with a cudi feature. Also maybe kendrick

I was wondering if you'll catch onto what I was saying haha, I guess you didn't. Yeah, it's just fun R&b really, it's solid stuff, not mindblowing but nothing really bad about it. I do kind of wonder if No ID is really trying to do something with Cocaine 80s or what.

Jitters

Still way less whiny the The Weekend.

Detox

No, you didn't just put Jeezy Deniro, Snowman Pacino, Mr 17.5, JZA the genius on the same level as those hacks

I just think how both Weeknd/Frank Ocean handle their "whining" is just really different from each other. I can see how someone will easily think one whines more than the other though.

edit: Jza the genius lmao

Detox

JZA the genius >>> GZA, I can go pound for pound on this. GZA can rap and freestyle better then him but Jeezy's songwriting (the whole package - beats, lyrics, hook) will bury GZA

He calls himself that, I should know I listen to him everyday

SoilBreak

Banned
I'm a bathing ape fanatic
Red monkey junkie
Glass pots on the stove got the kitchen smellin funky
Sold a million records but I still flip them blocks
On the TV every day but I'm still pop them Glocks - JZA

Better than anything on Liquid Swords.

Esch

Banned
Nah breh. Jeezy is catchy and good in a lot of ways but the Genius made that life changing rap. Some of the greatest imagery, concepts, wordplay, and overall artistic package to ever get put on wax. The GZA's best work makes everything Jeezy ever made look basic and shallow in comparison, forgettable and retread several times over.

Macca

Hey fools, need some help. working on a web site at the moment, and need a name. Currently I'm thinking about Beat Picks, but I dunno. need to have a URL available for it too. That's the hard part. It'll be for ranking albums and shit, stuff GAF Hop is great at. Throw some at me.

Hey fools, need some help. working on a web site at the moment, and need a name. Currently I'm thinking about Beat Picks, but I dunno. need to have a URL available for it too. That's the hard part. It'll be for ranking albums and shit, stuff GAF Hop is great at. Throw some at me.

rateyourmusic.com

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace

Cocaine80s still won.

Also, I like to hate on The-Dream but I've pretty much liked everything he's put out.. maybe I should actually check something out from him one day.

Detox

Picture so beautiful painting
That one thought it would breathe or move
Cause it would leave a mood or energy - GZA the washed up, abstract fake genius
Fuck is this, 10yr old kids write shit like this

Nike's on the ground got my head to the sky
Smoked all day, Lord knows I stay high
Stay on top, Lord knows I'm gonna try
And live for the moment, Lord knows I'm gonna die
And when I get to hell, Lord knows I'm gonna fry
Woke up this morning so I'm still alive
36 O's I sold them all for five
JZA the (street) genius keeping it real, just grinding, go getting thug motivation

Posting lyrics isn't even getting to half of what Jeezy is about, 10 ten times more charisma, better beat selection, better hooks, Adlibs. Jeezy created trap music with Shawty Redd, GZA or shall I call him 'The Genius' who didn't have a style until RZA gave him one.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ehy_KErN-Ug

beatpicksbydre.com

5 8 KENDRICK LAMAR AFTERMATH/INTERSCOPE 38,810 -34%
GOOD KID M.A.A.D CITY
2 9 MEEK MILL MAYBACH/WARNER BROS. 38,615 -77%

n3sc0.png

kamspy

The upside to yall hating on Frank is reminding me to put on Channel Orange. Props for that.

So I'm in Covington all week for some work training. Classroom shit. For people unfamiliar with the area, Covington is like a smaller Detroit with more hillbillies.

So I'm eating my lunch in my Lac when I spot a crackhead eating a hot and fresh Little Ceasers pizza off a bench. Dude wasn't more than 20 feet away from me. Just across the street from the parking lot I was in.

Let me tell yall, this man was enjoying his pizza in a way I'd never seen before. After each bite he diverts into an old 90s dance. He'd a take big bite and bust out a few Cabbage Patches while chewing. Now, he's not half assing this shit either. Full effort here. By the time he finished the crust on a piece and immediately doing a few cycles of the Charleston, I was laughing out loud.

Throughout watching this guy eat half a pizza (before laying down on the bench for a post feast nap with the folded box protectively tucked under his arm), he broke out the Stanky Leg, Running Man, and a move that reminded me of that Gaming Side gif out that review dancing in circles with a Skyrim case (only with a half eaten piece of sausage pizza).

Shit made me kinda hungry for Little Ceasers though. Dude might have missed his calling in pizza marketing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom