• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-HOP OT6(66) Wu-Tang is for Asians and Weeaboos

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
i did on the last page man, no need to repeat myself especially when everyone just wants to disagree because nas is their fav.
also i'd argue about AZ not having a better verse than on life's a bitch, but oh well.

You were just ranting and calling everyone stupid and sheep...

//B1G

Banned
You were just ranting and calling everyone stupid and sheep...

that's all i got... there's no sources to cite haha what more can i do than state my opinion?
i feel pun is better on a multitude of levels, dudes disagree with me, we argue until no one's thoughts change and we move on! it's the cycle

The guy who writes that blog about Drake?

7qCEmwB.png

//B1G

Banned
yeah man that goes hard beginning middle and end, i was surprised. but i mean it's pretty hard not to when you're using that source material. i wanna see some of these dudes do their own sound though. i mean i love hearing my favorite memphis shit get remixed, just i think they could put their own spin on horrorcore and it'd sound dope.

it's weird about this jgreen guy though because i remember seeing his name in comments a looong time ago and remember writing him off because he was completely styling off triple 6, but nowadays i'm so fiending for that sound i'm glad to have it.

HiResDes

I agree with all that...New Brotha Lynch Hung is super disappointing. Coathanga Strangla was better. J Green produced for 36 Mafia at one point, so he gets a pass.

thabiz

Hahaha, so what have you been feeling this year?

Kool Keith(finally up for download), Slum Village, $tan Ro$$, Raekwon, WeatherPROOF, would be the highlights so far. Czarface, Reks, and Ill Bill in the coming weeks. Years shaping up nicely.

Really cant stress how good the Kool Keith is. Next level shit. Funny as fuck. Already in the top 10 this year.

Esch

Banned
shit new Reks soon, nice.

Also guys im going to soulard mardi gras tomorrow, hopefully i dont die. if i do, don't let IrishNinja tell my family i posted here

PBY

Banned
DAAAAAAMMMN Badbadnotgood KILLED tonight. Shit was amazing; Lee Bannon opened, who was super hyped, but BBNG were on some next level shit. Seriously, three wide dudes from Canada put on one of the best hip hop related shows I've ever seen. Crowd was loving it, I guess it helped that I found out that they came to NY based on a kickstarter-type website thing (wedemand?) where ppl can ask for acts in their area. Their setlist was on point, no gimmicks just great music.

Some rapper would be reaaaal wise to pick them up to tour with, fuck rapping over full songs.

Riggs

Banned
DAAAAAAMMMN Badbadnotgood KILLED tonight. Shit was amazing; Lee Bannon opened, who was super hyped, but BBNG were on some next level shit. Seriously, three wide dudes from Canada put on one of the best hip hop related shows I've ever seen. Crowd was loving it, I guess it helped that I found out that they came to NY based on a kickstarter-type website thing (wedemand?) where ppl can ask for acts in their area. Their setlist was on point, no gimmicks just great music.

Some rapper would be reaaaal wise to pick them up to tour with, fuck rapping over full songs.

Sounds like a better night than downing 24 beers listenin to songs on the pc

CRS

Cunninlynguists had BlueSkyBlackDeath play as their intermission and at the end of their show. It was really awesome and it was too bad more people didn't stick around to hear them.

IrishNinja

yo who's Kool G doe, i dont think he even got a wiki

here for this, thanks man

That's cause Nas is a great rapper with an extremely lopsided catalog ranging from GOAT to thefuckisthis. Whereas Lupe is a good rapper with a lopsided catalog ranging from good to reallythothefuckisthis.

/done

I don't like the tone that this thread title is taking with the Wu-Tang Clan.

typical weeaboo talk right here

I wish nujabes albums were strictly instrumental though, the rappers on them are corny as fuck

disco bringing shame to that avatar i see

He's the only good rapper that Nujabes associated with. I always skip over the tracks with the other dudes.

to each their own, but both substantial & pase rock (of Five Deez) grew on me, over time...their earlier stuff is conscious as fuck, so you gotta be in the mood for that i guess
i mean it's not kweli talmbout why hospitals suck and you should have your babies in the tub level but still pretty conscious

ahaha, dead

shit new Reks soon, nice.

impressions?

I think Life is Good is a really good album

that's cause it is, money

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom