• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-HOP OT6(66) Wu-Tang is for Asians and Weeaboos

Status
Not open for further replies.

SwagJesus

Banned
http://rapradar.com/2013/02/07/mister-cees-big-pun-tribute-mix/

PUN MIX.

Mister cee.

pun-mural.jpg

Pun was nice but hes not touching Nas, we all know this. Just because this is a popular opinion doesnt mean everyone is being sheep and going with the crowd.

It just means your wrong.

SwagJesus

Banned
Pun was nice but hes not touching Nas, we all know this. Just because this is a popular opinion doesnt mean everyone is being sheep and going with the crowd.

It just means your wrong.

If I had a half a penny everytime you all mention Illmatic in the forum as a whole I'd be fucking Carlos Slim. I am just trying to clear the air bro.

SwagJesus

Banned
You're making it sound like Illmatic is the only good thing Nas has ever done. That's factually wrong.

How do you take any of this from what I have said. It's jus what the general consensus in here seem to hold as the holy grail when it is just another spoke on the wheel.

Yes. He is a good rapper with a great catalog. Something Nas can never say.

That's cause Nas is a great rapper with an extremely lopsided catalog ranging from GOAT to thefuckisthis. Whereas Lupe is a good rapper with a lopsided catalog ranging from good to reallythothefuckisthis.

Boss Man

I don't like the tone that this thread title is taking with the Wu-Tang Clan.

As for actual post content, Kendrick Lamar is pretty good.

what the fuck?

The praise that it gets is too much lol. 98% I see praise for the album, I hear that it is life changing,etc, etc. So I rather wait til I reach a point where I forget about the how much praise it gets so I can listen to it without going in with really high expectations and just enjoy it.

cdyhybrid

How do you take any of this from what I have said. It's jus what the general consensus in here seem to hold as the holy grail when it is just another spoke on the wheel.

I don't think Illmatic gets brought up that much. We talk about Nas but usually it's not Illmatic-related. If anything it's always Nas vs. Jay.

I don't like the tone that this thread title is taking with the Wu-Tang Clan.

As for actual content, Kendrick Lamar is pretty good.

You mean Kenneth Lamar?

Esch

Banned
The praise that it gets is too much lol. 98% I see praise for the album, I hear that it is life changing,etc, etc. So I rather wait til I reach a point where I forget about the how much praise it gets so I can listen to it without going in with really high expectations and just enjoy it.

aka never. just listen to it dude. its just beats mane. seriously classic tho, but i wouldnt put it above Nujabes the gawd

Esch

Banned
anyway i feel like Dilla postmortem dick sucking hasnt really been all that recently. People will tell you its a classic and shit but its not like 2008 where dudes are walking around like this:

375543f28c944ab7d896bd5975a41d75.jpg

I wish nujabes albums were strictly instrumental though, the rappers on them are corny as fuck

How does it feel to be almost right 100% of the time?

CRS

That's cause Nas is a great rapper with an extremely lopsided catalog ranging from GOAT to thefuckisthis. Whereas Lupe is a good rapper with a lopsided catalog ranging from good to reallythothefuckisthis.
Lupe is the polar opposite of Nas in terms of quality. Lupe was super consistent in putting out high quality music, with maybe a bad song or two on each project, for the longest time and then had Lasers. Whereas Nas may have put out the best hip hop album of all time and then released shit after that with 2/3 good songs on each project. Oh and F&L2 = It Was Written. Both average projects.

I'd take Lupe over Nas 8 days of the week.

anyway i feel like Dilla postmortem dick sucking hasnt really been all that recently. People will tell you its a classic and shit but its not like 2008 where dudes are walking around like this:
You right, I've haven't seen much of it in the past 6 months so who knows, maybe in 3 years it will get a listen.
lol fucking with you, I'll see

you were that dude in class whod raise his hand and answer a question and everytime the teacher like "
ehh.png
nice try ahmed but actually...."

This muthafucka just called me Ahmed lol. Oh man I hated those kids in class. And the teachers always encouraged it with. "There are no stupid questions/answers"

Lupe is the polar opposite of Nas in terms of quality. Lupe was super consistent in putting out high quality music, with maybe a bad song or two on each project, for the longest time and then had Lasers. Whereas Nas may have put out the best hip hop album of all time and then released shit after that with 2/3 good songs on each project. Oh and F&L2 = It Was Written. Both average projects.

I'd take Lupe over Nas 8 days of the week.

It was written is better than anything Lupe has done.

Lupe has 1 really good album (The Cool) 1 alright album (F&L) 1 bad album (Fnl2) and 1 audio abortion (Lasers)

His catalog really isn't that nice.

HiResDes

AZ and Pun were both great rappers, Pun especially, but neither of them had the thematic vision and storytelling ability that Nas displays with ease. Scarface and Kool G. on the otherhand....

Boss Man

Are you a weeaboo?
I had to look that up, so I guess not. I've heard that Japan is actually really shitty and poor outside of a couple of major cities. Still, I stand by my assertion that Wu-Tang is awesome and transcends the boundaries of their schtick.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
Even NAS was afraid to go up to the booth when Pun lay his verse down. Also, AZ verse in illmatic killed every verse NAS wrote on that album as well.

I want to hear the story where Nas was scared to go in the booth after Pun..

Also AZ never had a verse near that good again..

Yep, no ones gonna say shit to this cus it's true.

Argue, debate, state your opinion.. Don't be a jackass

Arguing semantics.

Not really.

//B1G

Banned
Argue, debate, state your opinion.. Don't be a jackass

i did on the last page man, no need to repeat myself especially when everyone just wants to disagree because nas is their fav.
also i'd argue about AZ not having a better verse than on life's a bitch, but oh well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom