• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-HOP OT6(66) Wu-Tang is for Asians and Weeaboos

Status
Not open for further replies.

HiResDes

20130208-KRNDN_FRONT.jpg

http://www.mediafire.com/?1zdbfedl8t820eb

For the SAS fans here, bout to listen

The leaks from this were DOPE as fuck, so this is probably gonna be the shit!

F&L and The Cool both have bad songs.

I've said it before but I don't hold them in as high regard as I did when I was younger. I think I might have just grown up and past Lupe's style. I can say something similar about MOTM1.

overcast

The Cool has some legit bad songs. The precursors to LASERS.

F&L just goes.
I agree. Go Baby is definitely a bad song. Doesn't bring down the whole album at all though.

Listening to Gotta Eat in particular is like where the fuck did that dude go. Though I guess crazy, poli-sci Lupe was always lurking. Just not even close to how lame he is now.

SwagJesus

Banned
You guys are gonna hate me but.. umm....

Big Pun > Nas

What you want me to do? I'm sorry!!!!

I just kind of look at nas like why the fuck are you still here. He's sooo offbrand to me. He is the cereal in the plastic bag.

You guys are gonna hate me but.. umm....

Big Pun > Nas

What you want me to do? I'm sorry!!!!

I just kind of look at nas like why the fuck are you still here. He's sooo offbrand to me. He is the cereal in the plastic bag.

Gonna need some brief descriptions of yourself so I know how to respond to this filth.

F&L and The Cool both have bad songs.

I've said it before but I don't hold them in as high regard as I did when I was younger. I think I might have just grown up and past Lupe's style. I can say something similar about MOTM1.

Pretty much, I guess we gone to act like F&L doesn't have some dreadfully boring ass songs and beats though. Which is the worst crime. At least on The Cool, Lupe is constantly switching it up, it's a more interesting project even including the cheesy ass hooks/songs it has

SwagJesus

Banned
Illmatic Released: April 19, 1994- Great album

It Was Written Released: July 2, 1996- ok

I Am… Released: April 6, 1999- Meh

Nastradamus Released: November 23, 1999- Give me my money back

Stillmatic Released: December 18, 2001- Solid coming from Nas

God's Son Released: December 13, 2002- This is probably my 2nd favorite album from him.

Street's Disciple Released: November 30, 2004- Give me my money back

Hip Hop Is Dead Released: December 19, 2006- Give me my money back

Life Is Good- Bye baby is my shit but the rest meh.

9 albums.... not even half are good.

Are you staying Stillmatic> It was Written? Pretty interesting. You reminded me though, I said I was going to give God's Son another listen, because I feel like lately a lot of people have been praising it out of nowhere

//B1G

Banned
You can't even COMPARE the two.. Pun still to this day has never had anyone come close to matching his anything. You arguing Nas over Pun need to be learnt. One 'classic' album does not make you the goat.
One verse from Pun's weakest track would kill Nas' most technical shit, no contest.

HiResDes

You can't even COMPARE the two.. Pun still to this day has never had anyone come close to matching his anything. You arguing Nas over Pun need to be learnt. One 'classic' album does not make you the goat.
One verse from Pun's weakest track would kill Nas' most technical shit, no contest.

Yep you too...

thabiz

WTF

Esch

Banned
It Was Written = OK?...I'm going to stop paying attention to you from now on

^

and you didnt even mention lost tapes you bum

stahp it

//b1g

stahp
Lupe discussion for 3 pages. The FUCK? It takes one sentence.

He fucking sucks.
my man

SwagJesus

Banned
You're right, I'll quote Face after he heard Nas' verse for the first time 'I don't want to be on that record no more.'

Somehow Scarface's verse resonates with me more on this song. The way he talks is as if he has been there before and it just matches perfect with the analogy.

Saying you have to kill hip-hop after you come out with a hip-hop is dead album is wack.

He shitted on his brand to me to be honest. Somebody call Jim to smack this Kufi.

Are you staying Stillmatic> It was Written? Pretty interesting. You reminded me though, I said I was going to give God's Son another listen, because I feel like lately a lot of people have been praising it out of nowhere

I might have to give God's Son another listen as well.

It Was Written was great, calling it 'ok' hurts me.

//B1G

Banned
What is there to disagree with me on?
1. Pun had/has no one on his level - true
2. One good album and a couple other mediocre ones does not give you goat status, no matter how hard you want to fit in with your friends - true
3. Pun's weakest shit would run laps over nas' best - arguable, but still pretty realistic. Pun was just too technical. Nas' best rhyme scheme was a two syllable a/b shit. Pun would have some 4syl a/c/b/d shit going effortlessly.

Funny you guys would try to disagree.
PEOPLE THAT DON'T KNOW SHIT
THAT'S MY FUCKING PROBLEM

Bout to dive into whatever the hell Peterboy linked

Lupe discussion for 3 pages. The FUCK? It takes one sentence.

He fucking sucks.

Hahaha, so what have you been feeling this year? Also, Hires too. Not that I've ignored what yall been posting, but I haven't been able to get into much lately cause so much overtime. Going to catch up on stuff this weekend though.
Somehow Scarface's verse resonates with me more on this song. The way he talks is as if he has been there before and it just matches perfect with the analogy.

Saying you have to kill hip-hop after you come out with a hip-hop is dead album is wack.

He shitted on his brand to me to be honest. Somebody call Jim to smack this Kufi.

Yeah, I agree and for me it's the voice. Scarface raps with emotion more, you hear the struggle basically.

HiResDes

Bout to dive into whatever the hell Peterboy linked

Hahaha, so what have you been feeling this year? Also, Hires too. Not that I've ignored what yall been posting, but I haven't been able to get into much lately cause so much overtime. Going to catch up on stuff this weekend though.

Krondon from Strong Arm Steady released a solo project.

Big you're summary of Nas' flow is factually incorrect, and furthermore even if Pun had him beat technically it doesn't mean a damn thing. Eminem has incredible technique, but I'm not trying to listen to 9/10s of his work.

Illmatic Released: April 19, 1994- Great album

It Was Written Released: July 2, 1996- ok

I Am… Released: April 6, 1999- Meh

Nastradamus Released: November 23, 1999- Give me my money back

Stillmatic Released: December 18, 2001- Solid coming from Nas

God's Son Released: December 13, 2002- This is probably my 2nd favorite album from him.

Street's Disciple Released: November 30, 2004- Give me my money back

Hip Hop Is Dead Released: December 19, 2006- Give me my money back

Life Is Good- Bye baby is my shit but the rest meh.

9 albums.... not even half are good.
You forgot about untitled. And you said that four are good/decent and 4.5 is half of nine so technically.............................

giveup.gif

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Pretty close to nothing in Nas' library comes close to Illmatic and Hip Hop Is Dead. Same case with Jay and Black Album. They had their prime, then a resurgence, and then it went back to meh.

//B1G

Banned
Bahaha half of you dudes can't even form your own opinions on shit without someone telling you what to think first, like what you say about rap's all-time best really means anything.
You can't go from arguing about Lupe and 2chains 24/7 to talking about a true OG and think what you say holds any weight.

Bahaha half of you dudes can't even form your own opinions on shit without someone telling you what to think first, like what you say about rap's all-time best really means anything.
You can't go from arguing about Lupe and 2chains 24/7 to talking about a true OG and think what you say holds any weight.

Not sure what point you are trying to make when you listened to Spaceghostpurp on your own freewill

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom