• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-HOP OT6(66) Wu-Tang is for Asians and Weeaboos

Status
Not open for further replies.

PBY

Banned
Seriously tho- putting on weight isn't that hard if you know what you're doing.

The fitness thread can def help, if you have any questions you should post there or even pm me.

The two things to focus on-
Lift heavy with a strength based linear routine like SS
Eat big- and smart.

At 5'9 135, I attribute how skinny I am to my metabolism. It's not like I don't eat or eat super healthy foods. Nah, I pig the fuck out, usually two meals a day. And besides this, I don't exercise at all. I'm lazy as fuck, perfectly content to take bong rips on the couch and watch movies all day. So yeah, I've realized why I can't put on any weight. My metabolism is out of this world, man. I'll eat, and I usually have to take a shit within half an hour. The food just floods out immediately, can't keep it on. And this isn't some crazy hypothesis, I've been to a doctor for it and actually had that procedure where the stick the camera up your ass to check out your colon and intestines or whatever to see if there's something going on up there that makes me constantly have the shits. Couldn't find anything, life goes on. I guess I'll enjoy being skinny however long it lasts.

However, I've found this to be a problem for me in the female department, as I'm generally into thicker girls and they usually end up weighing more than me and I don't think they really dig that...
no fam lol. 2 meals a day isn't a lot. Sounds like you just eat breakfast and dinner. I have the same problem. I eat 3 meals a day an d something in between each meal. You basically have to constantly eat food with a good amount of protein. I been working out though, don't want to be trying to gain weight abd shit just hits your belly lmao

PBY

Banned
^this. If you're trying to gain weight you need to be smashing your regular meals, and then putting down as much milk between meals as you can. Add in protein powder and peanut butter too.

PBY

Banned
No, no, no and fucking no. You want carbs if you want to get fat. You'll get enough carbs in the fruits and veggies to get what you need. Protein is what you need to bulk up correctly.

I'm not disagreeing with you, because in normal circumstances I'm all for clean bulking... but I think our Gaf hop brehs need cals in any form they can get. I really think that as a novice if you do Starting Strength you can eat whatever you want. You'll def put on fat, but the weight will come with muscle. Sub 140 lbs, I don't think they care if the weight is clean.

T Dollarz

Damn, if you guys are serious that this can actually work... then I'm actually really feeling motivated to do this. The only workout routine I've ever done in my life is treadmill once a day last summer, so I know nothing about trying to lift and bulk up or whatever. But man... if I there's a chance that I could put some noticeable weight on and not look so scrawny... I really wanna try it.

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
I'm not disagreeing with you, because in normal circumstances I'm all for clean bulking... but I think our Gaf hop brehs need cals in any form they can get. I really think that as a novice if you do Starting Strength you can eat whatever you want. You'll def put on fat, but the weight will come with muscle. Sub 140 lbs, I don't think they care if the weight is clean.

You should always care (if you're trying to gain or lose) whether you're putting on unhealthy, unsightly and useless fat or muscle. Contrary to stupid wives tales, fat doesn't magically transmute into muscle tissue. You don't need or want to bulk up by eating doughnuts and pasta, ever.

PBY

Banned
Damn, if you guys are serious that this can actually work... then I'm actually really feeling motivated to do this. The only workout routine I've ever done in my life is treadmill once a day last summer, so I know nothing about trying to lift and bulk up or whatever. But man... if I there's a chance that I could put some noticeable weight on and not look so scrawny... I really wanna try it.

Dude, Starting Strength will definitely work. Its a time proven program, it works for everyone.
Only 3 times a week too.

edit: id love to speall out the plan for you, but Im bout to play basketball. Post your exact situation in the Fitness thread, and they will take care of you. You can def do this man.

DominoKid

it aint hard.
you just gotta be disciplined & consistent about it.
i really only started working out because it was a good time killer.
i've gotten a lot of mileage out of two handles and some plates.

Esch

Banned

thats what im saying. If dudes are saying they can't put on weight no matter what, they need some carbs and fat. nobody's saying eat a fuckin breadbasket either

T Dollarz

The past 2 years the majority of my diet has been junk food and most of that being fast food and I still haven't seen any weight increase tho...

WanderingWind

thats what im saying. If dudes are saying they can't put on weight no matter what, they need some carbs and fat. nobody's saying eat a fuckin breadbasket either

They can, they've never tried or had the ability to do so the right way. Again, literally anybody can get fat. Eat fast food 3x times a day, don't move and watch how quickly the weight packs on! It's not magic or anything. But saying you need carbs to gain weight is like saying you need to cut off your legs to lose it. Technically, you may be correct, but there are better ways of doing it.

Now, money can be an issue. Rice, ramen and white bread is cheap. And McD's is cheap and easy. Meat and fresh produce, especially for you college cats isn't really sustainable.

T Dollarz

I stick with 2% milk. And no, you're wrong WW, I've been on a sustained fast food / stoner (college/cheap) lifestyle for 2 years and haven't gained any weight. It takes more than that in some cases I guess.

I do what Esch and Peter are recommending Tyler btw. I drink whole milk and eat a peanut butter jelly sandwiches a lot. Sometimes without jelly. For breakfast I eat a good amount of eggs too.

WanderingWind

I stick with 2% milk. And no, you're wrong WW, I've been on a sustained fast food / stoner (college/cheap) lifestyle for 2 years and haven't gained any weight. It takes more than that in some cases I guess.

I promise you. Put 5000 calories in your body and then don't do shit. If you truly cannot gain weight at that point, go see a doctor. You have something really, really wrong going on.

Again, there is a massive difference between gaining weight and trying to get obese. One is legitimately harder to do than the other, but neither are impossible.

PBY

Banned
I promise you. Put 5000 calories in your body and then don't do shit. If you truly cannot gain weight at that point, go see a doctor. You have something really, really wrong going on.

Again, there is a massive difference between gaining weight and trying to get obese. One is legitimately harder to do than the other, but neither are impossible.
I totally agree. 5k calories + starting strength for a beginner will be fine tho.

//B1G

Banned
Yo I'm a quick metab dude too and lemme tell you I put on around 35 pounds of MUSCLE in 6 months - but you gotta be dedicated to the craft just like any other. 6 meals a day, (in my case) high carb/protein diet. You burn the carbs off as soon as you eat them anyway, if you're lifting don't worry about that shit.

Esch

Banned
btw WW im reading that star trek netflix watch thread and watching you bitch about Voyager in the past is killin me, im trying to get through it and im skipping episodes like a motherfucker

Detox

5"9 and 145. I also want to gain weight but shit 5,000 calories I don't know how I could begin to eat like that. Last time I calculated I think I was hovering around 2,000 or something. My main problem with eating is I eat fast and I get full quick but I can go again in around 30-45mins, I can't just keep going out to eat every hour. I still drink whole milk despite knowing 100% that I'm lactose intolerant, maybe I should increase my daily amount.

PBY

Banned
5"9 and 145. I also want to gain weight but shit 5,000 calories I don't know how I could begin to eat like that. Last time I calculated I think I was hovering around 2,000 or something. My main problem with eating is I eat fast and I get full quick but I can go again in around 30-45mins, I can't just keep going out to eat every hour. I still drink whole milk despite knowing 100% that I'm lactose intolerant, maybe I should increase my daily amount.
You could switch to almond milk. Also you need to lift. Look up starting strength.

WanderingWind

btw WW im reading that star trek netflix watch thread and watching you bitch about Voyager in the past is killin me, im trying to get through it and im skipping episodes like a motherfucker

Yeah, I stopped watching it and just moved on with my life. The show is just bad, and I like Star Trek.

Yeah, like I said, money is a HUGE issues when it comes to gaining weight the right way. 5k calories is a lot. I didn't gain weight until I stopped being poor and could afford, you know, food. Heh.

But being thin (unless you're sickly scrawny) isn't a bad problem to have guys.

Esch

Banned
Yeah, I stopped watching it and just moved on with my life. The show is just bad, and I like Star Trek.

I finished DS9 (awesome show) and TNG (pretty fuckin sweet show) but this is killing me inside. I hate almost every character on it with a few exceptions like Paris, the Doctor, and 2pac, but jesus. Awful writing. I just finished the episode where they went warp ten and paris and janeway evolved into lizards and fucked. after that I'm reading episodes by the summaries and just watching the stuff with the Q, and I suppose eventually the borg. This show is like battlestar but it sucks. I tried watching TOS but it was too janky, some of it was good though. I'll watch the movies later.

Esch

Banned
Lmao m ninja are you 12 and still growing? If not...you lost breh

heh.png

Cudder

What shitty advice.

I'm sort of lactose intolerant.

I can't drink whole milk by itself. I'm fine with having cereal or say hot cocoa/chocolate milk but whole milk by itself is horrid to me.

Also shoutouts to the ninjas eatin and taking a shit not too far after.

Esch

Banned
Ive handled folks a lot bigger w/ ease.
Plus I saw results pretty damn quick once i started working out
i think hes talking about females breh.... shit aint easy out here for dudes under six foot. im 5'9" and there are some chicks these days towering over me

i think hes talking about females breh.... shit aint easy out here for dudes under six foot. im 5'9" and there are some chicks these days towering over me
Lol you can still pull them tho. Once a female is that high, they accept their height isn't ordinary and don't care about dating guy smaller

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom