• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-HOP OT6(66) Wu-Tang is for Asians and Weeaboos

Status
Not open for further replies.
You don't get it because clearly you think someone has to be interesting in order for them to listen to them. Who the hell thinks Currensy is an interesting rapper

Jitters

You don't get it because clearly you think someone has to be interesting in order for them to listen to them. Who the hell thinks Currensy is an interesting rapper

I didn't mean that. I was just referring to the post saying the people who thought he might be interesting were deluded from the start. I care more about what he is doing than what Currency is doing, but Currency is heavily talked about on here.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
My brain from this

cacophony

[Hook]
Fuck that, Golf Wang
Fuck that, Golf Wang
Fuck that, Golf Wang
Fuck that, (Golf Wang!) x3

[Verse 2]
So, a couple fags threw a little hissfit
Came to Pitchfork with a couple Jada Pinkett signs
And said I was a racist homophobic
So I grabbed Lucas and filmed us kissing
Feelings getting caught, it's off, I'm pissing
You think I give a fuck? I ain't even stick my dick in yet
(No homo. Too soon.)
And while y'all are rolling doobies
I be in my bedroom scoring movies
Still, I'm sounding like a fucking newbie
Suck my dick, motherfucker, sue me
Mom got a new whip so she could scoop me
A year ago, I ain't have no hoopty
Four story home, gotta climb eight sets of stairs
Just to see where my fucking roof be

this shit is embarassing

I didn't mean that. I was just referring to the post saying the people who thought he might be interesting were deluded from the start. I care more about what he is doing than what Currency is doing, but Currency is heavily talked about on here.

People here are tired of his whole immature schick he has. Honestly I feel like now that I've heard Childish Gambino, he has somehow made Tyler The Creature sound even worse. Currensy is very hate or love it here, it's not like you are the only one who doesn't care for him.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Yeah I don't think anybody who liked K.R.I.T. a lot before hates him now, he just isn't putting out. The talent is still there. LFTU wasn't even bad, it just was disappointing.

Cole hate is probably because people feel his album aged bad (I think so).

Yela hate is because his song quality droped off a fucking cliff, and is warranted.

Tyler was always bad, but people were never praising him in here in the first place even if they messed with him.

Lupe went crazy and dropped a disappointing album that was supposed to herald his return and be different from what the label was forcing him to do with Lasers, and it resulted in the realization that he had just fallen off as an artist and the label wasn't all of the problem. And he just became a bitter, unlikeable dude.

Esch

Banned
People here are tired of his whole immature schick he has. Honestly I feel like now that I've heard Childish Gambino, he has somehow made Tyler The Creature sound even worse. Currensy is very hate or love it here, it's not like you are the only one who doesn't care for him.

Curren$y is the most polarizing, bitched about and loved rapper on GAF-HOP

or Action Bronson da gawd

Yeah I don't think anybody who liked K.R.I.T. a lot before hates him now, he just isn't putting out. The talent is still there. LFTU wasn't even bad, it just was disappointing.

Cole hate is probably because people feel his album aged bad (I think so).

Yela hate is because his song quality droped off a fucking cliff, and is warranted.

Tyler was always bad, but people were never praising him in here in the first place even if they messed with him.

Lupe went crazy and dropped a disappointing album that was supposed to herald his return and be different from what the label was forcing him to do with Lasers, and it resulted in the realization that he had just fallen off as an artist and the label wasn't all of the problem. And he just became a bitter, unlikeable dude.

I truly feel like I was burnt by Yela, I won't even lie. Throw It Up was a really great song to me but the rest of Radioactive was just like WTF happened....and the aston martin reject song...Hard for me to even care about Trunk Muzik 2. I didn't even bother listening to the song that is supposedly on it.

Action Bronson isn't there yet. Not enough haters, give it til the end of the year

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace

Kanye is more polarizing. Most of GAF-Hop likes him but the haters compensate with some intense hate. I think Spitta is up there too though.

Esch

Banned
also Miri... there was no real turn on Tyler. that would assume that a proportion of us liked him and the odd future crew all the way. there are like 5 gafhoppers who were into that horseshit and they all threw the towel in on them to an extent
i see you des
. the consensus has always been : talent, but lacking in execution. and most of us never even could tolerate him for more than 4/15 songs because of his bitch ass subject matter and my first hasbro keyboard production. fuck tyler

Esch

Banned
Kanye is more polarizing. Most of GAF-Hop likes him but the haters compensate with some intense hate. I think Spitta is up there too though.
nah. we all like him as far as some part of his catalogue goes. its Kanye himself that gets hate. and real talk his output hasnt been cohesive since mbtdf, overbearing spazzed out melange of every idea under the fucking sun that was. nah.

Jitters

also Miri... there was no real turn on Tyler. that would assume that a proportion of us liked him and the odd future crew all the way. there are like 5 gafhoppers who were into that horseshit and they all threw the towel in on them to an extent
i see you des
. the consensus has always been : talent, but lacking in execution. and most of us never even could tolerate him for more than 4/15 songs because of his bitch ass subject matter and my first hasbro keyboard production. fuck tyler

cvpeJWo.gif

IrishNinja

Tyler The Creature

ahaha

toku bringing in that Yonkers video wasn't that far back, we can dig through the archives here

enzo gonna enzo

and most of us never even could tolerate him for more than 4/15 songs because of his bitch ass subject matter and my first hasbro keyboard production. fuck tyler

me & kams aint here for this
for real though, bastard and some earl shit wasnt bad

siddx

Magnificent Eager Mighty Brilliantly Erect Registereduser
Tyler was in the same situation as Kendrick for me a year ago. I saw both as promising artists with a lot of things to work on and had high hopes for where they'd progress to over the next year. Kendrick met my expectations and even surpassed them. Tyler is still doing the same shit. He's a solid rapper, and I like that absurd immature content that is made to make you laugh (hell 90% of what I write is in that style) but his production is still laughably bad and it seems he hasn't been working very hard in regards to making new music consistently.

Tyler was in the same situation as Kendrick for me a year ago. I saw both as promising artists with a lot of things to work on and had high hopes for where they'd progress to over the next year. Kendrick met my expectations and even surpassed them. Tyler is still doing the same shit. He's a solid rapper, and I like that absurd immature content that is made to make you laugh (hell 90% of what I write is in that style) but his production is still laughably bad and it seems he hasn't been working very hard in regards to making new music consistently.

Yea I want Tyler to start messing around with samples. I know he hates them but it would up his producing a lot more

Tokubetsu

I haven't full turned on Tyler but I'm not as excited about his stuff as I used to be. Could never turn on KRIT and I was one of the few people who actually liked LFTU.

//B1G

Banned
[Hook]
Fuck that, Golf Wang
Fuck that, Golf Wang
Fuck that, Golf Wang
Fuck that, (Golf Wang!) x3

[Verse 2]
So, a couple fags threw a little hissfit
Came to Pitchfork with a couple Jada Pinkett signs
And said I was a racist homophobic
So I grabbed Lucas and filmed us kissing
Feelings getting caught, it's off, I'm pissing
You think I give a fuck? I ain't even stick my dick in yet
(No homo. Too soon.)
And while y'all are rolling doobies
I be in my bedroom scoring movies
Still, I'm sounding like a fucking newbie
Suck my dick, motherfucker, sue me
Mom got a new whip so she could scoop me
A year ago, I ain't have no hoopty
Four story home, gotta climb eight sets of stairs
Just to see where my fucking roof be

this shit is embarassing

gehhhhh
only reason they got put on was cus of the whole upside down cross facade.
earl's the only dude to give a damn about and i can't even find myself doing that

never been a huge tyler proponent but I still think if he produced an entire album for earl it would be something special

also I really like earl and I can't wait for his release this year

DominoKid

listening to this araabmuzik tape...rappers must have a hell of a time trying to find the space in these beats. makes me wish the rocky/araabmuzik tape really happened.

HiiiLife

Tyler is still meh. I tried to give him a few chances. Earl is the only one that I would ever keep an ear out for, if I had to choose of course. Frank Ocean secretly trying to get away from those dudes.

And yes, I'd pick Spitta over Tyler. I'm not even that big on Currensy but New Jet City is pretty decent.

overcast

Spitta has some terrific albums under his belt. Tyler has one solid and another one that is lame. Not much else to say.

They probably shouldn't be compared in general.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom