• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-HOP OT6(66) Wu-Tang is for Asians and Weeaboos

Status
Not open for further replies.

kamspy

Deltron 3030 would be my #2 concept album. Doc Octagon would be 3.

Most yall are listing stuff I wouldn't really consider concept albums.

I barely consider GKMC a concept album.

thabiz

czarface-cover.jpg

best album so far this year. Shit comes straight and correct.

//B1G

Banned
lol
didn't realize it was being saled nor that it wasn't out yet. but i'm hyped.
just listening to that banger with ghostface up on youtube.

just a bit of critiquing on ace's mixes:

-Stop putting E-40 in the mixes, just stop :'(
-Stop mixing two songs with the same artist in 'em right after each other.

anyways, I wanna eat... when's ignant 35?

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
just a bit of critiquing on ace's mixes:

-Stop putting E-40 in the mixes, just stop :'(
-Stop mixing two songs with the same artist in 'em right after each other.

anyways, I wanna eat... when's ignant 35?
Why and why? 35 and 36 are up

overcast

Any of you guys ever taken a girlfriend or wife to a rap concert? Interested to hear how it went. Probably taking mine who isn't a rap fan, seems like it would be fun either way though.

Why and why? 35 and 36 are up

My own personal differences with it being a mix, but yet having same consistencies between tracks.. because of the same artist.

and I don't like E-40, but I'm indifferent to bay-area rappers: their flows, beats & style.

You know ace, you should

A.) fix your website.

B.) host them on Soundcloud..

as I can never seem to follow this thread to a Tee. :(

Could I get a link to 35 & 36?

overcast

What's the next big, major release? We entering the drought? Could've swore something was slated for late Feb.
A Good Ass Job by Kanye West drops February 29th man. Living So Italian is the first single.

I don't think there are major releases coming up, Wolf?

Esch

Banned
oh you did finally manage to find music on youtube. save up for that computer bro, you should have enough in that penny jar soon

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
My own personal differences with it being a mix, but yet having same consistencies between tracks.. because of the same artist.

and I don't like E-40, but I'm indifferent to bay-area rappers: their flows, beats & style.

You know ace, you should

A.) fix your website.

B.) host them on Soundcloud..

as I can never seem to follow this thread to a Tee. :(

Could I get a link to 35 & 36?
Same link change the number

http://acemixes.com/Mixes/ignorant35.mp3

Damn, people taking shots at Ace left and right tonight. Sup with that guys?

Shit happens

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Russian Roulette is only better than GKMC if you delete every song but the best on Russian Roulette (Flight Confirmation) and every song but the worst on GKMC (Real).

iavi

Russian Roulette is only better than GKMC if you delete every song but the best on Russian Roulette (Flight Confirmation) and every song but the worst on GKMC (Real).

You talk like someone who hasn't taken the journey. I felt the cold, I saw angels. Very few albums put me on that plane.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
You talk like someone who hasn't taken the journey. I felt the cold, I saw angels. Very few albums put me on that plane.
It's a good album to listen to all the way through, but falls apart instantly if your looking for specific tracks to go back though, and is a glaring weakness of that album that I can't deal with. Not to mention there are so many tracks with that similar style, hurts creating ones in your head that are memorable.

It's a good album, I just find it hard to go back to anything outside of the first 3/4 of Flight Confirmation.

CRS

It's a good album to listen to all the way through, but falls apart instantly if your looking for specific tracks to go back though, and is a glaring weakness of that album that I can't deal with. Not to mention there are so many tracks with that similar style, hurts creating ones in your head that are memorable.

It's a good album, I just find it hard to go back to anything outside of the first 3/4 of Flight Confirmation.

Wait, what?

How can you criticize something for NOT being able to listen to just a single song?! That is the stupidest thing I've read on here. So you want an album full of singles? Go listen to a fucking compilation then. How do you bag on Russian Roulette but not on GKMC for the same thing? Does Backseat Freestyle hold up as well outside of the album's context? Fuck no.

And the tracks have the same style because of the album's concept. They're thematically similar but different enough that they each have their own identity. Having different rappers helps out in that regard quite a bit.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Wait, what?

How can you criticize something for NOT being able to listen to just a single song?! That is the stupidest thing I've read on here. So you want an album full of singles? Go listen to a fucking compilation then. How do you bag on Russian Roulette but not on GKMC for the same thing? Does Backseat Freestyle hold up as well outside of the album's context? Fuck no.

And the tracks have the same style because of the album's concept. They're thematically similar but different enough that they each have their own identity. Having different rappers helps out in that regard quite a bit.
It's not about the style being cohesive, it's about them not being memorable despite still adhering to a style. Those are not mutually exclusive things, and not really difficult to understand.

Backseat Freestyle holds up pretty well, ESPECIALLY in comparison to everything on Russian Roulette. Way to pick one of the weaker songs too, when Money Trees, Bitch Don't Kill My Vibe, m.A.A.d City, Compton, etc. all hold up very well and are memorable too. Shit, even Sing About Me/I'm Dyin' Of Thirst holds up independently, despite it being absolutely crucial to the theme of the album. Russian Roulette doesn't have this, though I do think having distinct rappers helps a bit. Though I don't remember any of those verses too, so I guess they're forgettable in general and that's not helping it's bottom line cause.

Esch

Banned
memorable to you. i still hum beats and rap little verses from the album when im working on something, taking a shit, playing with my dog etc etc. dat apollo beat, way it fades in. thank you based alc.

CRS

It's not about the style being cohesive, it's about them not being memorable despite still adhering to a style. Those are not mutually exclusive things, and not really difficult to understand.

Backseat Freestyle holds up pretty well, ESPECIALLY in comparison to everything on Russian Roulette. Way to pick one of the weaker songs too, when Money Trees, Bitch Don't Kill My Vibe, m.A.A.d City, Compton, etc. all hold up very well and are memorable too. Shit, even Sing About Me/I'm Dyin' Of Thirst holds up independently, despite it being absolutely crucial to the theme of the album. Russian Roulette doesn't have this.
Different tastes I guess cause some of the transitions on that album give me chills. Every time. I know they're coming and they're just as enjoyable as if it was my first time listening to it. Few examples: Soundcheck into Apollo's Last Stand, Flight of the Bumblebee into Kalashnikov Guns and Ivan's Workout Plan into Never Grow Up.

And then there's the Moscow Morning tracks. The samples on there are almost as good as the features . (Listen to Sunset.) The production on here blows GKMC out of the park. With the production and the features you get some of the highs that you don't think are there. Like, Kalashnikov Guns, Kosmos Pt. VII - The Explanation, Flight Confirmation, Don Seymour's Theme, and especially Oleg's Flight and Adrian's Words/Champion Song, on Russian Roulette are better than anything on GKMC.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom