• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-HOP OT6(66) Wu-Tang is for Asians and Weeaboos

Status
Not open for further replies.

IrishNinja

GKMC lashback already startin eh...okay then
not taking at all from RR, but you ain't gotta shit on one to love the other, outside of these discussions i guess

best album so far this year. Shit comes straight and correct.

Deck has yet to impress me with a solo, and i had such high hopes. really hoping this turns out to be his No Said Date

The whole album is.

you gotta have some kinda firefox/chrome plugin for shit like this
you gotta

CRS

I like GKMC as well. I really do. I just didn't hold it in high regard like the rest of the world does.

Each album portrays its own concept and those concepts aren't similar so it may be difficult (not really, RR >>>>) to compare the albums because of that... conceptually, at least. But as a whole, Russian Roulette is the better album.

thabiz

Deck has yet to impress me with a solo, and i had such high hopes. really hoping this turns out to be his No Said Date

I wouldnt treat this like a solo album. Its much more than Deck.

Bronson and eXquire features. BOOM!

Dead Zone and Hazmat Rap are the standout tracks.

Hey man, you never know what being irrelevant and possibly broke might do for an old vet's career. Deck's bars are still intact too, just like Nas's.

Listening to this in the car today.

Id love to see it. But lets be real here, he could drop a great album. He has the potential, it will just never be anything in the leagues of CL and LS. Mostly because it wont have come out around the same time.

Decks talented though, we all know that. Lets just hope becoming broke and irrelevant will light a fire up under him. I can see him coming correct on this new Wu album too.

Detox

lol Jeezy is getting sued by Kinky B and now he is saying that he doesn't even know Kink. Kink was in the TM103 documentary and I'm almost certain he was one of the guys sent out on the hit on Gucci not to mention all the name drops in the songs. I think Jeezy is trying to cut his ties with the streets.

Esch

Banned
Id love to see it. But lets be real here, he could drop a great album. He has the potential, it will just never be anything in the leagues of CL and LS. Mostly because it wont have come out around the same time.

Decks talented though, we all know that. Lets just hope becoming broke and irrelevant will light a fire up under him. I can see him coming correct on this new Wu album too.
eh you cant expect any artist to drop anything classic so late in their career. especially the rap game which is hyperfocused on youth and the issues of dudes 30 and younger. im not saying rap cant BE for older audiences. we saw flashes of what contemporary adult hip hop can look like with Life is Good and even WTT, its just that rappers dont wanna act their age and typically move down to the younger guys for success. it looks real awkward when dudes like Bun B and Rae who have been in the game for decades are hungrier and more productive in terms of output than lots of youngins on the come up. If Ghostface realizes this for good and puts coke game raps behind him for good, he'd benefit immensely. Same with even a guy like Pusha, who has no relateability whatsoever. playing a mafioso character is played out. apart from a couple guys nobody believes any of these guys are drug lord rap stars with tons of young bitches on their dicks. some of them clearly never were. most of them are probably poorer than us and struggling to make ends meet. time for these old dusty heads to grow out of their 2nd childhoods. sadly, none of them will and the market of older hip hop fans who are largely unable to identify eith modern, southern based rap but purchased albums like WTT, Life is Good, Blueprint 3, GKMC etc etc will go unexploited

siddx

Magnificent Eager Mighty Brilliantly Erect Registereduser
Finally got a chance to listen to the podcast, we fucking nailed it with this one. I mean shit I was in the damn thing and I still found myself laughing out loud at stuff I heard.

DominoKid

lol Jeezy is getting sued by Kinky B and now he is saying that he doesn't even know Kink. Kink was in the TM103 documentary and I'm almost certain he was one of the guys sent out on the hit on Gucci not to mention all the name drops in the songs. I think Jeezy is trying to cut his ties with the streets.

"Kinky B told me finish my meal." - Young Jeezy, And Then What

in short LOL.

best album so far this year. Shit comes straight and correct.
Agreed 100%. Verses are dope and the production...oh boy. It's not easy to get that boom bap or 90s sound right today, but this album does it perfectly. They're just hype beats; I can imagine a crowd going crazy over some of this stuff.

I'd love for 7l and Adrian Younge to produce a new Wu album. They have the energy that would really bring the Wu to life IMO. 36 Chambers and Forever have so many tracks that work perfectly live; hype beats and choruses that a crowd can participate in. A lot of later Wu stuff has choruses tha feel more like mini verses, and while that can work (Cuban Linx) a lot of times it doesn't translate live. Think about how hype Be Easy from Ghostface is, or New Wu from Raekwon. I want an album of stuff like that instead of pure coke rap.

JohnDoe

Banned
People still get upset at artists "selling out"?

Well, art is generally better when the artist does what he or she truly wants to. If selling out is the opposite of doing what the artist himself wants to do, I understand why someone would get upset. I personally listen to enough good music to not give a shit though.

thabiz

Get that money Macklemore. At least hes one step ahead of most of his predecessors and knows hes not a legitimate artist. He's read the expiration date on his career.

get it while you can.

//B1G

Banned
for a sec i thought gaf had youtube embeds now.

BIG what do you like about that wrist cutter rap so much?
Idk man it's just really creative imo. Not all his stuff is on some kill yoself tip, ....though most of it is super morbid. I can just appreciate the style I guess. When you really pay attention to his bars and flow, his raps are really original and unique. It takes some kind of genius to write about that shit.
That track I posted isn't even in the top 20 of his best tracks, but the video is just madddd haha

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
I am legitimately disappointed. I mean, you expect that shit out of rappers, but this dude made it big as an independent and made an entire song telling Jimmy Iovine to get fucked.

It's like if Ice T played a cop after making Cop Killa, or Ice Cube started making movies where he worked for Uncle Sam or....fuck.

Fuck it all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom