• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-HOP OT6(66) Wu-Tang is for Asians and Weeaboos

Status
Not open for further replies.
So far I agree with this. Kinda was looking for a different blend of Alc beats. Still great though. Just hasn't knocked me off the couch yet.

agreed. It's good but so far not particularly amazing. Not done yet but it doesn't really compare to his previous projects

edit: Gateway to Wizardry hnnngggg

HiResDes

Captain Murphy is a reference to Sealab 2021...Flying Lotus is a big fan of Adult Swim, along with Earl and Tyler. Jeremiah Jae definitely helped out with the production as well.

codhand

bronson's verse is so much better than schoolboy's, damn,

and what the hell sean p just phones it in now...

Styles guest spot might be the best

NARC

Neo Member
Liking that people have realized styles P killing shit this year, looking forward to his album despite it's slightly ridiculous title. comes out the same day as wu-block from what i've heard so were gonna be spoilt with some L.O.X shit that day. can't wait

PBY

Banned
HRD I can appreciate lyrics/skill. Sean P has that good battle rap flow but he could maybe rap about something? He was so average. Beats did suck tho.

codhand

whatever it's one verse, i like the whole thing so, not gonna go to the mat over this,

do need to check out the new album though and see for myself

HiResDes

You throw in a Spitta joint when you wanna hear about smoking joints and cruising in Testarossas, you throw in a Sean P joint when you wanna hear about beating a dude's ass and kidnapping his dame.

PBY

Banned
yeah i didnt wanna say that but i was seeing sean price live and killing it in like 07-09, and then....
I forget what it was called, but he dropped like a prelude to mic Tyson tape like 4 years ago and I bumped the shit out of that. Now, not so much.

Esch

Banned
C'mon man. When that dropped there was zero gaf buzz. This album came out a few years late. It's not bad. But it's not great either.
the beats are dope and it makes me wanna get into fights. there's a deficit of that in the market breh

edit I'm not listening to guys like P for concept songs. I'm looking for that rappity rap fight death fuck shit

C'mon man. When that dropped there was zero gaf buzz. This album came out a few years late. It's not bad. But it's not great either.

I think you must of missed a page or two peter lol. There were definitely people feeling it, I recall PD saying the beats were mixtape quality but he came around on it and I remember Domino saying it makes him want to kill somebody so he can't listen to it or something like that lol, but besides that, all positive things.

PBY

Banned
I think you must of missed a page or two peter lol. There were definitely people feeling it, I recall PD saying the beats were mixtape quality but he came around on it and I remember Domino saying it makes him want to kill somebody so he can't listen to it or something like that lol, but besides that, all positive things.
I remember that domino post. I just chalked it up to it prob being the first grown man album he's ever listened to.

PBY

Banned
Mic Tyson is good but it has nothing on Monkey Barz or Jesus Price, I can see why people would call it phoned in, it didn't have a single concept song on the entire album whereas Monkey Barz had dope shit like this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j2C-Oja3ZN4
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7CtX7UJ2BgI

It does seem like the effort put into Mic Tyson was a lot less
Pretty much what I was saying. Flow and delivery were good, but he raps about nothing and the beats were average.

HiResDes

Pretty much what I was saying. Flow and delivery were good, but he raps about nothing and the beats were average.

Real talk while that shit is nice especially the first track, Mic Tyson is just more straight to the point to what I really want to hear. Like you don't listen to Spitta for personal introspection and political rap. I listen to Sean P for that grown-ass man battle boombap and Mic Tyson delivers that relentlessly. BarBarian is a prime example of a track with no filler, Sean P as the unadulterated personification of Mic Tyson in rap form.

PBY

Banned
Real talk while that shit is nice especially the first track, Mic Tyson is just more straight to the point to what I really want to hear. Like you don't listen to Spitta for personal introspection and political rap. I listen to Sean P for that grown-ass man battle boombap and Mic Tyson delivers that relentlessly.
That's totally fair. I love certain types of rap for different reasons, shit just didn't click with me for whatever reason.

Esch

Banned
Real talk while that shit is nice especially the first track, Mic Tyson is just more straight to the point to what I really want to hear. Like you don't listen to Spitta for personal introspection and political rap. I listen to Sean P for that grown-ass man battle boombap and Mic Tyson delivers that relentlessly. BarBarian is a prime example of a track with no filler, Sean P as the unadulterated personification of Mic Tyson in rap form.
spot on 100

Post of the day. There's such a variety of rap that it makes no sense to expect the exact same thing from everyone. I don't know any other rappers that are as aggressive as Sean P in terms of rapping about punching people lol Sometimes I need to hear something that gets me hype. Mic Tyson has multiple tracks that do that.

Just like I don't listen to Roc Marciano for a bunch of introspective lyrics; I listen to him for dope, visual lyricism and grimy beats. I listen to Spitta for some chill shit, not because I want to know what it was like growing up in NO or how he feels about politics.

Some artists are more one dimensional than others. Obviously Roc, Sean P, Spitta, etc are more than capable of more depth but I wouldn't fault them for not showing it as long as the music is high quality. They all have lanes that they dominate.

Esch

Banned
personally I think its the demand for the Swiss army emcee that's created the type of formulaic album everyone's so tired of, a little bit of everything type pandering shyt. kind of like the opposite of the 00s where everyone stayed in their lane at the cost of their careers almost

Eh, even if that's how yall feel, I do think it's a valid criticism because Sean Price as an artist himself has shown multiple times he has more depth to him in his previous albums with concept songs. I can understand if he just handled his albums like this since day uno, but when you do it multiple times then drop an album like this incredibly straight forward, it's really easy to see how one is disappointed by the fact he decided to not show depth to his album.

Edit: Sorry wrong Sean P.

PBY

Banned
Ima remember this discussion when I rank finally rich an big Sean 1 and 2 for aoty. Just trying to get my guap and bang bang on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom