• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-HOP OT6(66) Wu-Tang is for Asians and Weeaboos

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fjordson

Captain Murphy is dope as fuck, definitely Tyler, Earl, Flying Lotus, and maybe Jeremiah Jae
Yeah, I love it. Some crazy visuals on there too :lol

And has he still not said who he is/they are? Interesting.

Loving Rare Chandeliers. Action Bronson is just steadily improving. I probably like this more than Blue Chips but still Thug Love Story is the best song he released this year.

(followed by Gateway to Wizardry off this tape, god daaaaamn)
Agreed. Bronson gets better with each releaese, imo.

HiResDes

So Young Chop... and Pharrell even... and they make much better music.

You said "Pharell even," like he's some scrub...And like Young Chop has been in the game or solidified himself enough to be deserving of all this praise. Tyler's catalog is more impressive to me, even though people like to totally dismiss the guy because his album didn't turn out to be as good as expected. If Tyler helped out with the production on Captain Murphy then he also deserves even more credit, along with contributing some really good verses.

T Dollarz

November has definitely shaken up the album of the year list I had running in my head. After the top 4 or so albums, there are like 20 albums that I could make a case for in my top 10. Amazing year for me as a hip hop fan. Still pumped for Wu Block and Big Boi too!

Fjordson

Yeah, Wu Block should be good.

Though I guess that coming out is part of why Twelve Reasons to Die got pushed back to early next year. Ghost didn't want to put out both close together. Sucks since I was hyped for that.

cacophony

It's crazy to me how both Lex Luger and Young Chop make hard ass fucking beats in FL Studio but Tyler the Creator and Left Brain use Reason AND FL Studio and make it sound like Fisherprice beats...

I'm not saying Lex or Chop are amazing or something, Lex is the pioneer of trap beats and Chop is just copying that style but he's amazing at emulating it and is making some of the hardest shit out.

DAWs have nothing to do with quality of beats. I have no idea why people think this

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air
Loving Rare Chandeliers. Action Bronson is just steadily improving. I probably like this more than Blue Chips but still Thug Love Story is the best song he released this year.

Yes that beat change at about a minute in is crazy

Also does anyone have a link to a decent/good sound quality link to Blue Chips? My copy half the songs sound low as hell.

mooooose

You said "Pharell even," like he's some scrub...And like Young Chop has been in the game or solidified himself enough to be deserving of all this praise. Tyler's catalog is more impressive to me, even though people like to totally dismiss the guy because his album didn't turn out to be as good as expected. If Tyler helped out with the production on Captain Murphy then he also deserves even more credit, along with contributing some really good verses.
I said Pharrell even because he is so far above all these other dudes (Tyler, Chop, Lex)... he's a legend, and he uses tons of basic MIDIs to make amazing hits. Tyler's mixes and MIDIs always sound horrible. Like someone making NERD beats with toys. Tyler is a good musician (proven with Analog, Fish, and She, all of which are very good songs and have very cool chords and interesting NERD esque drum patterns), but overall can come through as mediocre and boring and his quality of MIDI/mix sucks consistently.
DAWs have nothing to do with quality of beats. I have no idea why people think this
Mad dudes suck at using them is what I mean... FL studio's presets kinda suck compared to Reason's too...

overcast

I'd rather listen to Ghostface order Chinese food.
Lol.

I've been off weed and alcohol for over a year now. Was never on anything that often anyway, smoked quite a few bowls and got drunk a few times. I have to say, certain albums make me want to smoke. How many of you guys don't smoke or stopped for some reason? Also curious, have any of you not drank or smoked?

mooooose

Also, I think Tyler deserves his success. He's the child of Pharrell's domination of the game and NERD, with a ton of teenage angst. I'm very excited for his next album. His career will definitely have longevity and he will only become more and more marketable. He is just a dude who "gets it" and his manager is a genius.

Fjordson

Lol.

I've been off weed and alcohol for over a year now. Was never on anything that often anyway, smoked quite a few bowls and got drunk a few times. I have to say, certain albums make me want to smoke. How many of you guys don't smoke or stopped for some reason? Also curious, have any of you not drank or smoked?
Used to do both a lot in college (more drink than smoke). The drinking got sort of bad.

Managed to lay off both about seven years ago, been sober since. No smoking and I think I've had maybe a dozen individual drinks or something around there.

T Dollarz

Lol.

After being an every day smoker for a year, the past three months I only have a handful of times simply because I'm unemployed and can't afford the habit anymore. I need a new job so bad. Never been a big drinker. I do when the opportunity arises, but it's not very often. Probably a few times a month. But yeah, I'll always be about that green at heart.

overcast

Yeah, I can definitely understand why somebody would be really into various things. My brother drinks too much sometimes and tends to get into various binges. Does get me worried. I think him being into all of that while I was at a young age influenced me to avoid it a bit more.

November has definitely shaken up the album of the year list I had running in my head. After the top 4 or so albums, there are like 20 albums that I could make a case for in my top 10. Amazing year for me as a hip hop fan. Still pumped for Wu Block and Big Boi too!
If only Ghostface's album was dropping in November too, but too bad that shit got pushed to next year. :( I guess Wu Block will hold me over as well as his work in the Man with the Iron Fists sound track.

T Dollarz

Yeah, I can definitely understand why somebody would be really into various things. My brother drinks too much sometimes and tends to get into various binges. Does get me worried. I think him being into all of that while I was at a young age influenced me to avoid it a bit more.

It really depends on how it impacts your life. It doesn't change mine at all except for costing me money. I simply enjoy my time when I'm alone that much more if I'm listening to an album, playing a game, watching a movie, watching a basketball game high as fuck as opposed to being sober.

In other news, listening to Grief Pedigree for the first time. Man this is chill. Thank you Based Gaf-hop.

Fjordson

If only Ghostface's album was dropping in November too, but too bad that shit got pushed to next year. :( I guess Wu Block will hold me over as well as his work in the Man with the Iron Fists sound track.
Yeah, the delay sucks. Though I guess they'll be dropping the first track from it within the next month. Looking forward to that.
It really depends on how it impacts your life. It doesn't change mine at all except for costing me money. I simply enjoy my time when I'm alone that much more if I'm listening to an album, playing a game, watching a movie, watching a basketball game high as fuck as opposed to being sober.

In other news, listening to Grief Pedigree for the first time. Man this is chill. Thank you Based Gaf-hop.
Exactly. I dropped it because I overdid it. Affected my schooling and personal relationships. But I don't begrudge anyone who does partake because there are plenty of people who can handle themselves in that regard.

overcast

Definitely know what you're saying. I sometimes feel like smoking a bit. Like right now, late night listening to music alone. Seems really great.

I think Give Me My Flowers is one of my favorites this year (I know it came out last year, but I consider this year the "official release). Something about the way Blu and Exile collaborate makes a song feel so smooth and nostalgic. Just the way he goes over those beats. Man.

T Dollarz

Definitely know what you're saying. I sometimes feel like smoking a bit. Like right now, late night listening to music alone. Seems really great.

I think Give Me My Flowers is one of my favorites this year (I know it came out last year, but I consider this year the "official release). Something about the way Blu and Exile collaborate makes a song feel so smooth and nostalgic. Just the way he goes over those beats. Man.

Hell yeah I agree. Definitely counts as this year, it sounded like trash last year lol I hated it. But man, this 2012 mixed version is fucking great. A favorite for me as well.

Lol.

Just went 2 months without either. While there is some music I love listening to high as hell the only album that I want to listen to high is Rare Chandeliers, mostly for Randy The Musical.

siddx

Magnificent Eager Mighty Brilliantly Erect Registereduser
Dice Game is dope
The Final Adventure is dope
The Solution is dope

Mic Tyson is decent

Reloaded is boring as fuck
Rare Chandeliers is the same old Action Bronson shit. No progress, no evolution, just the same shit over and over. I like Bronson but he's losing me.

Global Warming is AOTY.....

lol

HiiiLife

Yeah, it's pretty damn good. Pretty excited for his next album. He's still a lot better than he's given credit for. Even though his debut was just okay on reflection.

Yeah since I've joined the forums I have noticed Sideline Story gets some flak. I personally enjoyed it. Nothing TOO memorable, but nothing terrible tbh. If Lost Ones wasn't a couple years old when it released on that album, I would've nominated that for Song Of The Year. Lol.

But I still believe The Warm Up and Friday Night Lights are some of the best mixtapes I've listened to.

RJT

Dice Game is dope
Rare Chandeliers is the same old Action Bronson shit. No progress, no evolution, just the same shit over and over. I like Bronson but he's losing me.

My feelings also. He needs to get out of mixtape mode and release a proper album as soon as possible...

NARC

Neo Member
Ya'll tripping, I could listen to Bronson do what he's doing now for the rest of his career cos he does it so dahm good, as long as he remains entertaining and makes me laugh it's all good

It will be interesting to see him construct an actual major label album though.

RJT

I can understand that, and I can certainly appreciate Action Bronson, but I'm a fan of albums more than random rapping.

That's why I love a guy like Kanye. Yes, he may be technically weak, but he knows how to make songs and albums. Also, Kendrick Lamar.
GKMC is a classic
(used the C word in the spoilers, read it at your own risk)

NARC

Neo Member
Don't get me wrong I like an album that has had some real thought put in to making it a cohesive project as well. GKMC is my AOTY and a lot of it has to do with how well Kendrick put the whole thing together.

But sometimes I also wanna just listen to a guy rap about eating chicken with prostitutes and jumping out of helicopters on ski's and shit.

siddx

Yeah since I've joined the forums I have noticed Sideline Story gets some flak. I personally enjoyed it. Nothing TOO memorable, but nothing terrible tbh. If Lost Ones wasn't a couple years old when it released on that album, I would've nominated that for Song Of The Year. Lol.

But I still believe The Warm Up and Friday Night Lights are some of the best mixtapes I've listened to.

90% of Cole's flak comes from his "someone fucked my girl and left a dookie on my pillow" sad face he has in every goddamn fucking picture. 10% is the fact he's a competent but boring rapper much of the time. Good producer though.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Damn I knew it was suspect Curren$y fans were digging it. I feel Rare Chandeliers is a bit different though, needs more spins before I get a good idea.

siddx

This is beautiful . I'm gonna write some bars to it

haha shit, I wrote a verse to it and was planning on trying to get two more done at some point this weekend.

edit: actually already wrote everything, I say write yours too, should be interesting to see two different takes on the beat.

Esch

Banned
Also, I think Tyler deserves his success. He's the child of Pharrell's domination of the game and NERD, with a ton of teenage angst. I'm very excited for his next album. His career will definitely have longevity and he will only become more and more marketable. He is just a dude who "gets it" and his manager is a genius.

i dont. he's been bum status all year round. him and odd future are moving at a glacial pace, throwing a lot of things at the wall and trying to make them stick with so-so success. Judging from what I've seen, I think him fizzling out is downright inevitable actually.

Lol.

I can respect that, good for you my man. I smoke cigarettes, around a pack a day. Weed maybe once or twice a month at least.

As for drinking, shit ive been drinking since 15 years old. Im out maybe one or two nights a week at the least. Thats going out to a club drinking. More often than not ill stay in and drink some hennessy or whisky with my girlfriend.

Do yall drink beer? Only time i have a beer is when i come in from work after a hard day or some shit. If im in a club drinking beer dont get me fucked up enough so i stick to liquor. Too much beer and you get that bloated feeling.

Im trying to get fucked up beers too slow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom