• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-HOP OT6(66) Wu-Tang is for Asians and Weeaboos

Status
Not open for further replies.
Eh, even if that's how yall feel, I do think it's a valid criticism because Sean Price as an artist himself has shown multiple times he has more depth to him in his previous albums with concept songs. I can understand if he just handled his albums like this since day uno, but when you do it multiple times then drop an album like this incredibly straight forward, it's really easy to see how one is disappointed by the fact he decided to not show depth to his album.

Edit: Sorry wrong Sean P.

I'm not disagreeing with you on Mic Tyson. It feels like such a rushed project it opens it up to various forms of criticism

Price is a very...interesting dude. He doesn't really fuck with his fans or anyone else. He was on the Combat Jack Show a couple weeks ago and barely answered any questions, gave 1-3 word answers, etc. And the show is full of people he actually fucks with, like Dallas Penn. They wound up predominantly interviewing the Duck Down president

Loving Rare Chandeliers. Action Bronson is just steadily improving. I probably like this more than Blue Chips but still Thug Love Story is the best song he released this year.

(followed by Gateway to Wizardry off this tape, god daaaaamn)

sorry to get off rap discussion for a second but @Toku, @HRD @other people who draw 666 on themselves and shit: what did you guys think of Crystal Castle's latest album? I think it's pretty good. Affection sounds like something out of Timbaland's Justin Timberlake stuff haha.

The Weeknd bonus tracks: Twenty Eight > Till Dawn > Valerie

thabiz

sorry to get off rap discussion for a second but @Toku, @HRD @other people who draw 666 on themselves and shit: what did you guys think of Crystal Castle's latest album? I think it's pretty good. Affection sounds like something out of Timbaland's Justin Timberlake stuff haha.

Meh. Its alright i guess. The fact you can barely hear her is already a vast improvement over their previous work. Kerosene, Transgender and Telepathy are pretty good. 2.5 outta 5.

The beats are pedestrian and the album doesnt really go anywhere.

And yes that is def a Tim beat.

Too bad i already heard the album earlier this year when Grimes dropped it.

HiResDes

I like it a bit more than Thabiz, but share some of his sentiments. I think I like CRIM3S more than CC, which is almost a CC-ripoff group. TRST also hit me much harder, but it's not like I don't listen to III every so often. It's definitely still in my playlist, especially the most sinister tracks like Kerosene.

thabiz

I like it a bit more than Thabiz, but share some of his sentiments. I think I like CRIM3S more than CC, which is almost a CC-ripoff group. TRST also hit me much harder, but it's not like I don't listen to III every so often. It's definitely still in my playlist, especially the most sinister tracks like Kerosene.

Trust is vastly superior. Funny that they came up together. They do darkwave/goth more honestly.

mooooose

It may be because I'm a huge Q stan... but I think he did fine on the Rich Chandeliers feature... his adlibs are some of the best in the game, his flow is impeccable... I mean it's a short verse and not particularly note worthy but it's definitely appreciated.

My only problem with Bronson is that he has 1 flow. Boom bap breakbeat delivery. It's very old NY and it's fine, but it makes all of his verses just blend together. He doesn't accentuate many words and it kind of makes his punchlines all meh even if they are good. Everything just sounds the same. And I say this liking Bronson a lot and being REALLY into Dr. Lecter.

He sounds more like Raekwon wants to sound like, than Raekwon does. Raekwon in his prime would run circles around him in lyrical prowess but not now, Rae and Ghost both dumbed themselves down and Raekwon kind of sounds like a poor man's Action Bronson. Ghostface sounds exactly like Jadakiss (which makes me want to cry).

HiResDes

Those are my favorites as well, love Detachments as well. Is this getting weird?

What about the Soft Moon? I think their self-titled is a 9/10 album for me.

mooooose

Blood of the Goat is the best NY sounding beat I've heard in like 6 years. Sounds like it could've been on an old Wu-Tang release. Liquid Swords or Tical.

thabiz

zeros - ther soft moon
the wilderness - cemeteries
cancer for cure - el-p
grief pedigree - ka
max payne 3 - health
pre language - disappears
reloaded - roc marciano
shrines - purity ring
state of flux - mr g
respect the fly shit - meyhem lauren

Thats the top 10 this year.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
The album didn't have the best production so it was an automatic fail for you...But Sean P's bars are fantastic on it, you know like if you understood rapping and shit.
Decent rhymes are not an excuse for wack beats, and never are. I don't give a fuck how cold dude's verse is if it's a mediocre song at the end of the day. Just makes you a typical rappity rapper that nobody is checking for.

PBY

Banned
Was listening to a lot of 9th wonder... and was bored/haven't chopped up samples in a while... so I decided to make an anthem for us soulja girls. We have feelings yall.

Kinda wish someone would go over this.

SOULJA GIRL ANTHEM (aka The Realest Shit I Ever Wrote)
http://www.sharebeast.com/xotne3890h3p

Dedicated to Domino, Enzo, and Disco.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Listened to Rare Chandeliers. Ain't a bad track on there, but not really any standouts either. Full of B tier Alchemist beats too, he's on some other shit with these.

HiResDes

"I hang with meticulous killers, out for carnivorous carvings of inconspicuous victims who get rained on by rigorous shells sent to delete the oblivious with triggers that detonate ridiculous bombs that'll challenge your religiousness. We're on a mission to fuck the world polygamous, feel my maliciousness, I destruct continuous, my effect is insidious, and my outlook is pity-less- It's D!"

Pretty happy with how this verse is starting lol

PBY

Banned
"I hang with meticulous killers, out for carnivorous carvings of inconspicuous victims who get on rained by rigorous shells sent to delete the oblivious with triggers that detonate ridiculous bombs that'll challenge your religiousness. We're on a mission to fuck the world polygamous, feel my maliciousness, I destruct continuous, my effect is insidious, and my outlook is pity-less."

Lol this is straight Sean P.

Esch

Banned
"I hang with meticulous killers, out for carnivorous carvings of inconspicuous victims who get rained on by rigorous shells sent to delete the oblivious with triggers that detonate ridiculous bombs that'll challenge your religiousness. We're on a mission to fuck the world polygamous, feel my maliciousness, I destruct continuous, my effect is insidious, and my outlook is pity-less- It's D!"

more about actual fights. tell me about how you hit em wit the elbow.

mooooose

It's crazy to me how both Lex Luger and Young Chop make hard ass fucking beats in FL Studio but Tyler the Creator and Left Brain use Reason AND FL Studio and make it sound like Fisherprice beats...

I'm not saying Lex or Chop are amazing or something, Lex is the pioneer of trap beats and Chop is just copying that style but he's amazing at emulating it and is making some of the hardest shit out.

HiResDes

Tyler and Left Brain's work is intentionally lo-fi sounding and constructed of mainly grimey MIDI beats and sample-less minimal synths.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom