• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-HOP OT6(66) Wu-Tang is for Asians and Weeaboos

Status
Not open for further replies.

Quake1028

Liking that people have realized styles P killing shit this year, looking forward to his album despite it's slightly ridiculous title. comes out the same day as wu-block from what i've heard so were gonna be spoilt with some L.O.X shit that day. can't wait

Styles 11/19
Wu-Block 11/27

dvdjamm

13 years ago today,this was released...

tumblr_mdl3s7aGoj1qzbwkjo1_1280.jpg

T Dollarz

I've realized that the more critical side of Gaf-hop might actually be right about 2001. The second half is really pretty meh compared to the legendary first half.

Damn my hip-hop backlog is crushing. Wife is going to Twilight tonight, I need to burn through some stuff.

What's your progress and what you still got to listen to?

siddx

Magnificent Eager Mighty Brilliantly Erect Registereduser
I've realized that the more critical side of Gaf-hop might actually be right about 2001. The second half is really pretty meh compared to the legendary first half.

What's your progress and what you still got to listen to?

The second half isn't bad by any means, and it has a few stand outs, but after the perfect first half the second half suffers simply by comparasion. Seriously that first third or so might be the greatest start to an album ever, its just one long stream of AAA tracks.

Esch

Banned
I'm hungry for some new KRIT. I heard he's back in the lab. I really want dude to step it up and prove everyone wrong.

I liked LFTU more than the average gaf hopper, but there was too much good shit this year to dethrone it. Our at least that's what i tell myself.

T Dollarz

LFtU was dope, just not as good as his tapes. It was in my tops but has since been overshadowed by more original releases. It definitely grew on me, didnt dig it on first listen. It's tight, but nothing special. 8/10

Hitman's verse on Bang Bang is great.
I started typing out which songs I liked off of 2001 but before I knew it I had listed almost all the songs. So good

Jitters

I kind of like the Action Bronson mixtape. I don't know the shelf life it will have, but it makes me wonder why I skipped Dr. Lecter.

Cudder

Unlikely, due to sample clearance issues

For someone who said they only listened to LFTU once, you should really go back and give it another listen. The production is on point for the most part. Yes KRIT does much better when he's given free reign over samples, but he did good on LFTU.

codhand

Dr. Lector is waaaay better than Blue Chips.

DL is more of a studio album, BC is exactly what I want from Bronson; spontaneous songs based around ill loops and classic breaks. Not that DL doesnt use classic breaks or good loops but it just doesnt have the same ad-hoc feel that BC has..also his flow improved a lot from DL to BC,

WD i just never heard, it wasnt conscious.

Id go

RC
BC
DL

thabiz

Me:
Well Done
Dr. Lector
Blue Chips
RC

RC is great, but like siddx I'm getting that Bronsellini fatigue. Happened last year to me with Spitta. Bronson hasn't progressed at all.

I'm actually not liking the upswing of mixtapes. It's diluting the albums worth. You used to get an album every few years. Now we get 2-3 releases a year.

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air
DL is more of a studio album, BC is exactly what I want from Bronson; spontaneous songs based around ill loops and classic breaks. Not that DL doesnt use classic breaks or good loops but it just doesnt have the same ad-hoc feel that BC has..

Id go

RC
BC
DL

I agree, and the best album bronson has done is still WD with its studio beats.

thabiz

DL is more of a studio album, BC is exactly what I want from Bronson; spontaneous songs based around ill loops and classic breaks. Not that DL doesnt use classic breaks or good loops but it just doesnt have the same ad-hoc feel that BC has..also his flow improved a lot from DL to BC,

Id go

RC
BC
DL

Well Done i feel is his best. The Stick Up is his best joint. Not Enough Words is bangin too.

codhand

bronson is improving, it's just that his flow was so good and his mastery of blow job raps was pretty much the best bj raps ever, so now improvement means making songs with Evidence that tell something deeper, or even having a hook/chorus, is something new to him, he's still fairly young too. i totally get the complaints, i was in the "he sounds like ghost" camp for awhile.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom